Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ted Lasso [Apple]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah I went into the show extremely blind so had no idea what to expect. All I knew were Jason Sudeikis was in it and Bill Lawrence was a producer, so maybe I was expecting more of the Scrubs kind of thing where there aren't always easy fixes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,332 ✭✭✭✭siblers

After watching the first two episodes, it was pretty easy to guess where the show was going to go and how the characters would play out. A lot of it is nonsensical and its quite clichéd. It works because Ted Lasso is quite a interesting character to have in this workplace scenario and he's played so well by Jason Suedikis

I had zero expectations but was pleasently surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭Heckler

Started watching last night and have just finished watching tonight. Utterly charming show.

Fish out of water, some non-sentimental british humour with a mix of cheese american that as you can see it coming still hitsa ya in the feels.. Perfect viewing for these times.

Get over the cliches and tropes. Its very good. I hope they leave it at that all the same. No second eason.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Heckler wrote: »
    Started watching last night and have just finished watching tonight. Utterly charming show.

Fish out of water, some non-sentimental british humour with a mix of cheese american that as you can see it coming still hitsa ya in the feels.. Perfect viewing for these times.

Get over the cliches and tropes. Its very good. I hope they leave it at that all the same. No second eason.

It's been renewed for a second and third season.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,247 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It's already been renewed for two more seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

4 episodes in, loving so far. Nik Mohammed is brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 12,332 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Why wouldn't you want more seasons? It's suited for multiple seasons

Don't get me wrong I'd love to see more just afraid it wouldn't match up. Then again why wouldn't it ! More Ted please !

Any recommendations along the same lines ? Just a feel good show. Seen Schitts Creek(loved it), Derek, Office etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I'm struggling with this, I'm up to ep-6 and though it can be funny at times, I'm really not liking any of the characters besides Ted and his 2 side kicks. Outside of them I can't stomach some of them, I know some are meant to be a bit nauseating or irritating, but really it's not in a good way for my liking

• Advertisement

Any recommendations along the same lines ? Just a feel good show. Seen Schitts Creek(loved it), Derek, Office etc.

The Good Place on Netflix is very good and similar in the sense that it's about people trying to be good. Also if you're looking something more British The Detectorists is good although I'm not sure it's currently available on any streaming services.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Few episodes in....exactly what I need right now! It’s lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is the one is most reminds me of - an unrelentingly sunny lead character that manages not to be irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭purpleisafruit

FunLover18 wrote: »
    The Good Place on Netflix is very good and similar in the sense that it's about people trying to be good. Also if you're looking something more British The Detectorists is good although I'm not sure it's currently available on any streaming services.
    I loved Detectorists, it's got a nice slow pace and Mackenzie Crook and Toby Jones are wonderful in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,749 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Chewing gum
    The mindy project
    Fresh off the boat
    Parks and recreation
    Superstore
    Broad city
    Fresh off the boat

Friday Night Lights. Season two is weird, but overall it's a great watch. It's got more heart than most things on TV.

Justified is also worth watching. Season 1 is a bit hit and miss but after that it picks up and really gets going.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,758 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Some bizarre recommendations here.. :D

Basq wrote: »
    Some bizarre recommendations here.. :D

I'm actually just watching Ted lasso again right now. It's comfort TV.

But if you haven't watched Friday Night lights, give it a go. It's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,749 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Any idea when it will be back?
    I must say I loved it, really grew on me.
    I found the last episode especially quite emotional

• Registered Users Posts: 43,758 ✭✭✭✭Basq

gmisk wrote: »
    Any idea when it will be back?
    I must say I loved it, really grew on me.
    I found the last episode especially quite emotional
    An interview with Brett Goldstein back in October indicates they're only in the process of writing season 2, so I'm guessing probably end of year minimum.

https://www.tvinsider.com/951657/ted-lasso-finale-season-2-roy-kent-brett-goldstein/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Thanks to OP for recommending this.
    I absolutely loved it and I wouldn't be too fond of schmaltz
    Feelgood central and very funny with it.
    This was top notch IMO

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

ixoy wrote: »
    If you don't give a crap about football, would you still enjoy this?
    Just finished this and answering my own question: Yes, yes you really would. It's a lovely, charming show and you'd be dead inside if you didn't feel its warmth, especially from Sudekis's performance as Lasso.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I absolutely loved it! Was really surprised that I did as I have absolutely no interest in football at all. Recommend it thoroughly!

If it hasn't already been recommended on here Kim's Convenience is a great watch. Really funny imo

• Registered Users Posts: 32,802 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Watched this a couple of weeks back, and surprised that it appears very few people know of it.

Ok so it's a but cheesy in parts but it also has some very funny moments. As good as any other of the top comedies out there.

And don't let the football put you off, there's not that much in it.

And a little bit of trivia, if anyone has watched The Mandalorian, the guy who plays Ted Lasso is one of the stormtroppers who has Grogu/baby Yoda in a bag and keep slapping him.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

It wasn't bad, decent enough to keep watching it. Not too taxing on the brain. One thing bothered me though, none of the superfans in the pub seem to go to games......

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Me_Grapes

It wasn't bad, decent enough to keep watching it. Not too taxing on the brain. One thing bothered me though, none of the superfans in the pub seem to go to games ......

That is one of the more realistic things about the entire series!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

what channel what time?

fryup wrote: »
    what channel what time?

It's an Apple TV show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Binged it last week. I really enjoyed it . Easy to watch and some funny bits too. Even caught the missus watching it the odd time and smiling.

Presume there is going to be a few more series of it.

• Advertisement

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Binged it last week. I really enjoyed it . Easy to watch and some funny bits too. Even caught the missus watching it the odd time and smiling.

Presume there is going to be a few more series of it.

They've renewed it for a second and third series but that's it. It will finish on season 3 which means they have a plan which is reassuring.

Advertisement