Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Songbird [the covid disaster movie already made]

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I am stoked for this.

Don't care if it's close to reality, it a MB movie without talking robots. He's got credit in the bank with me.

(Didn't watch the whole trailer - just enough to know the whole thing wasn't set in one apartment block...)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

The currently ongoing deaths and misery of millions turned into entertainment. Classy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,142 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

It does look like it might be alright though.
    There was an absolute pile of war movies made during the various wars for entertainment purposes for example, making movies around current or recent events is not a new thing.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

dan1895 wrote: »
    The currently ongoing deaths and misery of millions turned into entertainment. Classy.
    Movies and TV are what have kept millions going the last 6 months. With Contagion and Outbreak trending on Netflix.

You could say the same about The Day After Tomorrow or Geostorm if actual natural events that cause misery were taboo.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

dan1895 wrote: »

What a stupid comment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,723 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Speculation corner: this film was already shot and in the can, with some canny producer deciding some ADR or interstitial broadcasts about "CoVid 23" as the inciting plague would score some cheap marketing points. An otherwise forgetable digital film will now get a tonne of curious views and traction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'd be disappointed if there weren't a slew of cash-ins made about Covid 19, though it's essentially low key nature means that it's hard to come up with anything too offensive without veering into wild exaggeration.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I usually make it through most movie trailers to the end.. not this one

• Registered Users Posts: 60,179 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Added to Prime today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,266 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Will this be on Netflix too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Will this be on Netflix too.

more than likely

• Registered Users Posts: 12,266 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I enjoyed it, worth a watch, it has...
    one of the commanders in Handmaids Tale in it. More a love story, dystopian feel to it in a kinda worst case scenario rather than science fiction or disaster themes.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement