Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couriers

• 29-10-2020 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

Sent a car part Monday by courier to be picked up on tuesday and delivered no later than Wednesday but still not arrived, cant get through to courier

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭VG31

It would help if we know what courier it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,897 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Would help to know if you're waiting on delivery or collection too?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,000 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

or possibly this belongs in consumer affairs? not quite sure what relevance it has to commuting and transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭snickers

Do you mean booked the collection on Monday to be picked up on Tuesday and then delivered on Wednesday ? I can tell you that courier company’s are already maxed out with volume of deliveries at the moment and this weeks bank holiday will have them stretched even further with most offering a limited service on Monday if I was you I would allow an extra day or two this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭kincaid

snickers wrote: »
    Do you mean booked the collection on Monday to be picked up on Tuesday and then delivered on Wednesday ? I can tell you that courier company’s are already maxed out with volume of deliveries at the moment and this weeks bank holiday will have them stretched even further with most offering a limited service on Monday if I was you I would allow an extra day or two this week.
    Booked Monday and told if booked before a certain time would be collected the next day, when finished it did state would be collected the next day, it was lifted few days later but times listed that it was collected is incorrect and not delivered yet to the person, we tried calling them and all you get is you're 16 or 18 In queue, if only they give the correct info on their site when you try and track it but see what happens today,

Thanks all

• Advertisement

or possibly this belongs in consumer affairs? not quite sure what relevance it has to commuting and transport.

Maybe they are a forward thinking company and are using cargo bikes to collect and deliver parcels as everyone who wants to limit the use of vehicles on the roads wants (Maybe :D) also they might be white van men who are now running behind time because of enforced loading restrictions with the cycle lanes campaigns and associated knock on times, they might also be overladen with work because of the increase in courier services for internet shopping again with a knock on delay.

EDIT

Knew I'd seen something about couriers and congestion in C&T though it references to Spain except for some bint on about the 30kph limit in Australia
    Seems to be a bit of momentum building towards a 30 kmph limit;
    https://twitter.com/LenaHudafor30/status/1320936661492985856

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭d51984

Spotted a DPD driver delivering a package to a neighbour at 5 past 9 last night! Ide say the poor fookers are flat out these days.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,894 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Funnily enough I got an generic e mail from a courier parcel service today asking people to bear with them regarding the extent of the delays that they are currently encountering, and to preempt same in the run up to Christmas. An Post have been under huge pressure with parcels as well so it is a known issue.

d51984 wrote: »
    Spotted a DPD driver delivering a package to a neighbour at 5 past 9 last night! Ide say the poor fookers are flat out these days.

Absolutely, NightLine took on several drivers to deliver parcels in cars rather than vans. One was supposed to deliver a parcel on Wednesday didn't make it until lunchtime Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭swoofer

they wont b busy after from 1st January 2021 as brexit bites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

d51984 wrote: »

without a doubt.

did 90% of my xmas shopping on Amazon. I can only imagine many others did as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭Masala

Looking for HELP.!!!!!!!

I need to gets some small parts (fuses and bulbs) from a UK supplier BUT he wants me to arrange collection (Ex-Works).

Can anyone advise who best to work with on this.....??

Sorry- but first time I came across this ... usually suppliers would arrange this and charge accordingly but this supplier has left this on me to sort.

All help appreciated.

Advertisement