Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Property as a pension.

• 28-10-2020 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭

My wife and myself have no pensions and are looking to set one up.
    Can you purchase a property through a pension fund? Does anyone know how it works? Is it worth it.

The no income tax on the property sounds interesting.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

My wife and myself have no pensions and are looking to set one up.
    Can you purchase a property through a pension fund? Does anyone know how it works? Is it worth it.

The no income tax on the property sounds interesting.

Thanks

Yes, you can do it through a pension. Is it a good idea to invest all of your pension into a single asset, in a single asset class, in a small geographic area? Probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭agoodpunt

Or why not try an EFT after all its where some pensions funds go

The best REIT ETFs for 2020. ...

Vanguard Real Estate ETF (VNQ) ...
    iShares Core U.S. REIT ETF (USRT) ...
    iShares Global REIT ETF (REET) ...
    Fidelity MSCI Real Estate Index ETF (FREL) ...
    SPDR Dow Jones REIT ETF (RWR) ...

Advertisement