Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musical Connections

• 26-10-2020 10:11pm
    Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Similar to the movies/actors thread, in this game, a song is posted and then the next person has to post a song that has a connection to the last and state that connection. The connection can be anything you want really, a connection in the song name or artist name, a connection in the lyrics etc.

For example:

The Chain - Fleetwood Mac

Next post:

Rooms On Fire - Stevie Nicks (Member Of Fleetwood Mac)

etc.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

I'll kick us off with.....

Dancing in the Dark - Bruce Springsteen

• Registered Users Posts: 13,352 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Why Don't We Just Dance - Josh Turner

- cos dance ! :D(great thread Grid)

Otis Redding - Hard to Handle (Turner's middle name is Otis)

I did not know this ^ cool :)

Johnny Otis - Willie and the Hand Jive (surname)

Eric Clapton - Layla (covered above song)

• Advertisement

(seriously, you know everything music related!)

Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonite (lovely Clapton tune)

Deja Boo wrote: »
    (seriously, you know everything music related!)

Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonite (lovely Clapton tune)

Sorrow - David Bowie

Connection = "Long Blonde Hair" in the lyrics of both

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Monkees: Last train to Clarksville

Connection: Bowie was originally Davy Jones

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Shakin' All Over - Johnny Kidd & The Pirates

Connection = 'Davy Jones locker' a common pirate phrase for death by drowning

Caribbean Queen - Billy Ocean

Connection = Pirates sailed over Oceans and Seas (Caribbean Sea)

• Advertisement

In the Air Tonight - Phil Collins ( both songs featured on the show Miami Vice)

Begin the Beguine - Genesis (Phil Collins was in Genesis, and Genesis is the first book in the New Testament (religion), and there are religious references in the song - Rapture, Heaven; and also Genesis was about the beginning of life) .

PS do I win? :D

EDIT My bad - no way I can win.. I forgot to mention the artist of above song: COLE PORTER
    apols all :(

Blue Peter badge for effort...:P It doesn't have to be the original artist, just as long as there is a connection. (Didn't know Genesis covered that actually;))

Moonlight Serenade - Glenn Miller (was on the same Bluebird label as Porter)

Grid. wrote: »
    Blue Peter badge for effort...:P It doesn't have to be the original artist, just as long as there is a connection. (Didn't know Genesis covered that actually;))

Thanks Grid,

My fault for the confusion - I don't think Genesis covered that song at all. I forgot to put the artist of the song, what with my multiple 'links' :pac:

Link was Phil was in Genesis, and then I confused myself :(

Slinks off for a while.... :D

That's allowed....keep up the good work!;):)

Grid. wrote: »

Just to get back on point - I'll keep it simple

"Can't Fight The Moonlight - LeAnn Rimes" - connection is 'Moonlight'

Half the Moon - Tanya Tucker

Not just moonlight - in her youth, LeeAnn became the youngest country music star since Tanya Tucker in 1972.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Tom Petty: Zombie Zoo

From the album Full Moon Fever

Bob Dylan - Like a Rolling Stone (was a member of the Travelling Wilburys with Petty)

The Temptations - Papa Was A Rolling Stone

• Advertisement

Wherever I lay my hat (that's my home) - Paul Young. Connection is wherever papa laid his hat was his home ....

At least I think that lyric was in the song. Please don't let me be wrong... again :pac:

Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through the Grapevine ( songwriter of Wherever I lay my hat)

Bananarama - I Heard A Rumour (the grapevine being slang for rumour)

Shakespears Sister - Stay (Siobhan Fahey was also a member of Bananarama)

Sugarland - Stay

(same title)

Reba McEntire - Whoever's in New England ( was the inspiration for the song Stay)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Abusesurvivor

The Whole of the Moon - The Waterboys

Whole = Entire, from Reba McENTIRE...kind of grasping at straws here?!

Penny Lane - The Beatles (inspired Whole of the Moon)

Money's too tight (to mention) - Simply Red. Connection Penny = money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Abusesurvivor

Money money money - ABBA

Going for the obvious here with ‘money’

Advertisement