Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pokemon Sword and Shield

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Thinking about getting this game since I just got a switch, which one do people prefer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I got Shield and really enjoyed it, but legendary from Sword is probably better.

Better in what way?

My thinking is that more people would have gotten Sword, so I should get Shield then to make it easier to trade

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Better in what way?

My thinking is that more people would have gotten Sword, so I should get Shield then to make it easier to trade

Zacian has higher attack, Zamazenta higher defence.
    Mostly you will probably be using them for max raid battles where attack is more important.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'd say take a look at the version exclusives and then pick whichever one has more things you like really. There's two gyms that are version exclusive as well as the usual Pokemon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭beaner09

Bought Sword at launch but struggled to get into it. Picked it up again in Feb and finished it in March. Ended up enjoying it a good bit.

Got Home to start bringing through my battle ready mons only to discover that I'd missed the fact that Return/Hidden Power and other moves were no longer usable in the game. This left about 10% of a large number of mons a lot less useful/unusable.

While a filthy genner like me cant complain too much imagine you were the type who legit bred mons for specific HP or reset to get perfect legendaries with the right HP

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Sword will need Sword DLC Pack

Shield will need Shield DLC Pack

No buying one version and using it on both games I'm starting shield this afternoon I've already gotten to post game on sword and 73% Pokédex. So only getting Sword version next week

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

My Switch is broken and sent off for repair, so not likely I'll have it for the DLC release :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Tundra is out in a few months Armour is next week so you can do both when your switch is back I just paid the €30 there now for my Sword DLC and I'm already two guys in on Shield I might wait for an offer on shopto or base.com for the shield dlc, gonna take a break from posting on all 5he forums for a while myself social media is a little difficult to be on at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Anyone playing??

• Advertisement

I have been, though my Switch broke and ended up having the save data wiped, so need to start over again which is a bummer. Lost a fair few shinies too.

I lost my ultra moon and all my old pikedex and shines so starting back now, just got shiny charm, if you need someone to trade version exclusives or pokemon that evolve when traded gimme a shout and I'll trade with you

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Dlc was very disappointing 2 and a bit hour long Teddy Rick is the incentive Pokemon you only get one bit there's two choices of the evolution l enjoyed catching some of the Pokemon again but weird combos and the sharknado hunting me down everytime I'm on the water is annoying loved all the dittos though. Really hope the tundra is better

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭beaner09

Yeah I was disappointed in the DLC - I thought they shoulda put some of the legendary birds in that one and the Regis in the other - woulda added a bit more content.

In the game overall I at least enjoyed the system for finding a battle online a lot better than the S/M and US/UM system, that was terrible and made me lose interest in battling.

That dynamax crystal code should be available now

Sword and Shield Code for a free shiny amongus I've also posted in the bargain alerts page . Enter in the mystery gift section it's a single use once per game expires tomorrow

TRA1NERSCUP

Two more codes for free Pokemon for Sword and Shield again these will expire in the next day or so. Enter 8n the mystery gift section

Japanese Gastrodon PJCS2019CHAMP

Porygon2 PKMNPLAYERSCUP

Pokemon direct at 2pm Irish time today more info on The Crown Tundra

https://nintendoeverything.com/pokemon-sword-shield-expansion-pass-news-coming-on-september-29/

Hatted Pikachu codes for Sword and Shield 6 of the 8 are currently available in the link below the last 2 should be released soon .

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/10/guide_pokemon_sword_and_shield_-_all_ashrs_pikachu_codes

• Advertisement

Don't forget new dlc at 3 today

Literally all the legendaries

Doing the max raid adventures, get to the screen to lift heat ran to see this... Heat ran can wait

Nice shiny I'm gonna put some of my shinies from Pokemon go into let's go Eevee so I can transfer them into home and then into sword tomorrow you can only do this with the original 151 Kanto Pokemon but I have some good shines so it's worth the effort

I lost my save in the game when my Switch broke, so I've been re-finishing my dex the last few days. Was cycling around the Wild Area, accidentally ran into a Wooloo and it ended up being a shiny one!

That's the nightmare of console save rather than cart I used to go into cex and GameStop to buy the ds and 3ds Pokemon games to raid the saved games for rare Pokemon I've put several hundred hours into Sword with both dlc on that haven't bought it for shield yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Are the expansions post-game content only or can you go through them while in the middle of the main quest?

I forget the exact point, but you can definitely go to the two DLC areas before you finish the main game campaign.

Bought dlc for shield :o

I am gonna go for water option on armour and dark option on crown of thundra loving the crown areas so far

• Advertisement

Think I'll pick this up soon enough, should I go sword or shield or is there any meaningful difference?

Advertisement