Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siobhan Ryan on RTE1 weather 14/6/10

• 14-06-2010 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,024 ✭✭✭✭

Just saw Siobhan Ryan doing the late weather on RTE1 ,is this a first?useually just hear her on RTE1 Radio 1.Evelyn Cusack did the 9.30 broadcast.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭mike2084

Saw her last week on the late forecast as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Saw her last week on the late forecast as well

Yep, so did I. She seems to come on late at night when Evelyn Cusack is on duty. I think that Eveyln is probably showing her the ropes regarding TV broadcasting. Nice to see a new face anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Cbstar

I think she sounds bad though

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭North Cork

Maybe they are looking for a new face as Ursula Braken and Helen Curran are both pregnant at the moment and will soon be going on maternity leave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sipsy

She is the spit of an old RTE childrens TV presenter, Used to do art stuff, think her name was Mary....? Maybe it's her mother?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭dexter647

Sipsy wrote: »
    She is the spit of an old RTE childrens TV presenter, Used to do art stuff, think her name was Mary....? Maybe it's her mother?:confused:

Mary Fitzgerald....Great lady!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sipsy

dexter647 wrote: »
    Mary Fitzgerald....Great lady!!

That's her, was wreckin my head...Thanks:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Sipsy wrote: »
    mary kingston

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Number 10 Shirt

She comes across as being very nervous anytime I have seen her on the weather forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ExiledDub

She's a lot less nervous than at the start. I actually think she's quite nice.

She keeps waving her left hand around too much so I can't see if she has a rock.

If she's reading this thread (and has a sense of humour!) she could do the decent thing and pm me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

ExiledDub wrote: »
    She keeps waving her left hand around too much so I can't see if she has a rock.
    She does, sorry. (I play tag rugby with her)

kenmc wrote: »

Pity!

Ahhhhhh thats a pity! Thanks.

....and I hope she wears a gumshield playing tag rugby, there can be a lot of stray elbows around!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Number 10 Shirt

why wouldnt she be nervous.

Imagine her job description

Off you go now smile at the camera and tell the nation that its going to be p1ssing down until March!:D

That's quite true.I hadn't thought of that ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

KENMC - can u ask her has she replaced john eagleton please?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Pangea

I have noticed Siobhan has improved greatly in the past few weeks, more confident and assertive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭noworries

Siobhan is wearing the rock on her right hand this evening...anything to report kenmc? :D

Very confident forecaster. I enjoy her forecasts almost as much as Jeans' now.

Actually, Jeano had better up her game a bit - there's a definite heir to the throne now.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

noworries wrote: »
    Siobhan is wearing the rock on her right hand this evening...anything to report kenmc? :D

Very confident forecaster. I enjoy her forecasts almost as much as Jeans' now.

Actually, Jeano had better up her game a bit - there's a definite heir to the throne now.

Evelyn is the only forecaster on TV for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Hopefully she improves on her spelling of "treacherous" after last evenings forecast, she does not impress me, talks to the board, not as refined as Jean Byrne who speaks to the viewer.
    Not impressed overall with Met Eireanns reports, especially in advance of yesterdays chaos. Saw a Met eirean forcast that someone paid for and it predicted SFA on the mid day forecast yesterday in terms of snow. We all had to bail out at 4pm as we knew it was going to be chaos.

Will be impressed if the the expected highs of 8C on sat come through :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

Tough job being a lorry driver..theres an avonmore truck just burning diesel going nowhere fast outside and its a flat road..he hasnt even made it to the hill yet..

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

lol..a blog dedicated to the sexiest chicks in rte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

irish147 wrote: »

I see! it's not male generated at all then. Opppps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Crimbouser

She comes across as really classy imo. We need a bit of that in rte!

She wasn't wearing a rock on the forecast the other night.

There is hope yet!!!

Siobhan was looking particularly well tonight.

Can't fathom why they have doing the weatehr more often on tv.

LBD brightened the outlook this evening!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

dem ears.

sr6-8-11.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Tazio

I don't like this thread.

There are comments posted here about this lady referring to physical attributes and dress code. Why? That's just nasty imo and has nothing to do with 'Science, Health & Environment' topics.

This lady is a highly qualified professional - she works in an area most of us here have a genuine passion for. I'd give anything to work in this area!!

Her television presenting skills are perfectly adequate / professional, in my opinion, to present complex ever evolving data in an easy-to-understand format that most will comprehend. My take on this is she is a scientist foremost.

That's all, I had to post; as after a quick read through this thread I just didn't like the tone of this thread and had to speak up.

(apologies up front moderators if my post is not on topic or off form - please feel free to delete this / ban / etc).

Best regards,
    T

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement