Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Galway United 2020 - 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Bought the LOI stream subscription, disappointed to find it doesn't have Galway Utd matches as it only has the top division.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Red_Wake wrote: »
    Bought the LOI stream subscription, disappointed to find it doesn't have Galway Utd matches as it only has the top division.

They are streaming their games separately

check www.galwayunitedfc.ie for details

• Registered Users Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Wompa1

They are streaming their games separately

check www.galwayunitedfc.ie for details

The stream quality wasn't bad at all. They seem to be operating a single camera from the gantry which means when it goes out in the top left hand side of the pitch they lose view. The entire pitch is in shot but along the sideline is out of view. When they quickly zoom in there's a bit of a shutter effect. It's obviously not as high quality production wise as the LOI stream but I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was.

Wompa1 wrote: »
    The stream quality wasn't bad at all. They seem to be operating a single camera from the gantry which means when it goes out in the top left hand side of the pitch they lose view. The entire pitch is in shot but along the sideline is out of view. When they quickly zoom in there's a bit of a shutter effect. It's obviously not as high quality production wise as the LOI stream but I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was.

The issue isnt particular to the lads streaming.

That has been an eternal issue with that TV gantry. I think they managed it well though by putting a second camera aimed closer to the sideline so they could switch between them.

Just a shame the quality on the pitch cant match up with the stream.

Its grim how far the club have fallen, in our worst days we were still always Top 4 in D1, now we're just ahead of the bottom teams.

Cabinteely are almost out of sight after 4 games.

All we can really hope is that the academy in Athenry goes as well as could be expected and the quality of player being developed in Galway shoots up. Even if GUFC didnt benefit from the top end of that, any raise in the standards will see a rise in the local teams output.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 leocullensface

I love Galway utd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Paddico

Are GUFC letting a limited no of fans into the ground for games?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Paddico wrote: »
    Are GUFC letting a limited no of fans into the ground for games?

I believe they are but I'm not sure how they're working it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,967 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I believe they are but I'm not sure how they're working it.

There's a season ticket holder draw the week of every home to decide who can go.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

Came from behind against Longford Town tonight and are currently winning 6-2. Fair play.

Some turnaround to date. The evidence was there in the Shels cup game.
    There was enough in that performance to see a run against lesser teams was possible.

Even in the A.Murphy days, most games were tight affairs and they looked organized enough but were just making too many errors in attack and defence.

3 points off 3 of the teams now, and we have all bar UCD on goal difference.

3 tough games left but 6 points should be enough to sneak into the play offs.
    If they get in, they'd be favourites on recent form.

• Advertisement

Also Caulfield was a very good man at sourcing players.

Hopefully he'll pick up a few for the start of next season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭cannco253

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2020/1006/1169806-two-galway-united-players-test-positive-for-covid-19/
    Two members of Galway United's first-team squad have tested positive for Covid-19, with their match against Drogheda United on Friday postponed by the Football Association of Ireland.

Bray up next, another tough game

Won at the death in Bray today so still have a chance to make the playoffs.

'As a thank you to our supporters, Galway United will LIVE stream our final league of the season against UCD free of charge from Eamonn Deacy Park on our official YouTube channel'. https://galwayunitedfc.ie/final-league-game-to-streamed-live-on-youtube/?fbclid=IwAR1i9N0Rki1ixWYLnV-i-dl-iJW2B2StH8mQwbPzW5wERj--CniM8YNP-Tw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭spurshero

Won at the death in Bray today so still have a chance to make the playoffs.

What do we need to happen to make play offs ? Is a win tonight enough or are dependent on other results

• Registered Users Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Wompa1

'As a thank you to our supporters, Galway United will LIVE stream our final league of the season against UCD free of charge from Eamonn Deacy Park on our official YouTube channel'. https://galwayunitedfc.ie/final-league-game-to-streamed-live-on-youtube/?fbclid=IwAR1i9N0Rki1ixWYLnV-i-dl-iJW2B2StH8mQwbPzW5wERj--CniM8YNP-Tw

https://www.youtube.com/user/GalwayUnitedFCTV

• Registered Users Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

United beat Bray 1-0 to make playoff final.
    Some turn around from Tuesday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

United beat Bray 1-0 to make playoff final.
    Some turn around from Tuesday night.

brilliant stuff!!!!!! United have really wrecked poor brays entire season.

Playing Longford this friday night in the UCD bowl. win that and they are one game away from the premier division.

fearruanua wrote: »
    brilliant stuff!!!!!! United have really wrecked poor brays entire season.

Playing Longford this friday night in the UCD bowl. win that and they are one game away from the premier division.

Obviously it's not a gimme but Bray had the best form since the restart and were unlucky not to win the league.

So the hardest team is gone and I'd argue that UCD would have been a harder match up based on the previous results.

On the Bray game I think we were a bit fortunate with the goal. I was waiting for the ref to blow for a free out after the tackle on the ball as the goalie went down on it.
    Very rare a player sliding in isnt blown for that. But swings and roundabouts I guess.

It would be an amazing achievement if they got promoted seeing as there were 0 wins in the first 8 games.
    It was likely GUFCs worst ever season in D1 to that point.

Obviously it's not a gimme but Bray had the best form since the restart and were unlucky not to win the league.

So the hardest team is gone and I'd argue that UCD would have been a harder match up based on the previous results.

On the Bray game I think we were a bit fortunate with the goal. I was waiting for the ref to blow for a free out after the tackle on the ball as the goalie went down on it.
    Very rare a player sliding in isnt blown for that. But swings and roundabouts I guess.

It would be an amazing achievement if they got promoted seeing as there were 0 wins in the first 8 games.
    It was likely GUFCs worst ever season in D1 to that point.

yeah it was similar enough to the mané incident on saturday. Usually a free out but we'll take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

So, whats the deal? Hopefully beat longford and then play potentially who?

So, whats the deal? Hopefully beat longford and then play potentially who?

More than likely Finn Harps or Shelbourne.

Advertisement