Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Gone from Tonabrocky, Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭mossie

Wing126 wrote: »
    My net is completely gone and no signal being received at the router. Anybody else having any issues?

Same here. I'm in north Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,721 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Same in Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sok2005

Down in North Cork also, seems to be country wide. Is there anybody we can contact at this time about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I think it's safe to say it's gone nationwide folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

sok2005 wrote: »
    Down in North Cork also, seems to be country wide. Is there anybody we can contact at this time about it?

Not that I can find. Their lines close at 4 on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭Ardent

Deteriorated badly from about the middle of the first half of the Liverpool match for me and now - bang - gone.

First Saturday evening of the lockdown. Liverpool match on, Khabib fight on. Their crap network couldn't cope.

Edit: Having said the above, the Vodafone network was in tatters tonight also.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭verizon

Well this is a grim night. Hopefully wake up tomorrow back in the 21st century

Ardent wrote: »
    Deteriorated badly from about the middle of the first half of the Liverpool match for me and now - bang - gone.

First Saturday evening of the lockdown. Liverpool match on, Khabib fight on. Their crap network couldn't cope.

Edit: Having said the above, the Vodafone network was in tatters tonight also.

Yeah same timeline for me too.

Also facing issues with Vodafone personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 glasspicklejar

Down in Carlow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

back for me near Wicklow town

god's toy wrote: »
    back for me near Wicklow town

Back here now too

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭MarkoF

Just back in cobh too.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 glasspicklejar

Back in Carlow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭morgana

Bweeng North Cork is back too

Back in Meath too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,721 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Whoever turned back on the switch, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭G1032

Still down near Castlebar

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭rayfitzharris

Athy mast was down yesterday evening up to about midnight. All back working this morning.
    Switched to 3s 4g last night which was also maxed out, 0.2mb down 0.0up
    Yeah 5g will save us all from 4g like 4g saved us from 3g and 3g saved us from 2g...

Fiber go brrrrrr!

Is anyone getting much lower speeds since it returned? I usually average around 90Mbps down and 8 up but now I'm getting 20 down and 2 up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

mossie wrote: »
    Is anyone getting much lower speeds since it returned? I usually average around 90Mbps down and 8 up but now I'm getting 20 down and 2 up.
    It was slow, now back to normal in Galway

10307950233.png

Just got a text saying issue resolved.. Apparently we were without service for a short period last night but thankfully the engineers have restored it.

Only they haven't and we're still down.

I don't see us getting internet back into Tuesday if they're under the impression it's fixed.

Ultimanemo wrote: »
    It was slow, now back to normal in Galway

10307950233.png

Mine briefly improved but I'm now getting less than 10Mbps down.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭jelem

reading all these posts and living in south county dublin estate where eir have refused to supply fibre\cable
    along with just one company supply cable\fibre "monoply", even nbp ireland\cccp etc. no response to situation.
    it seems rural is being over supported whilst we suffer on old phone line.
    this as i have stated clearly is government supporting and involved in Cartel and monopolies.
    Well done in gaining in rural what i cannot get in D18.
    (even got notice lately from Siro that they will not supply hence "virgin" monopoly goes on).

jelem wrote: »
    reading all these posts and living in south county dublin estate where eir have refused to supply fibre\cable
    along with just one company supply cable\fibre "monoply", even nbp ireland\cccp etc. no response to situation.
    it seems rural is being over supported whilst we suffer on old phone line.
    this as i have stated clearly is government supporting and involved in Cartel and monopolies.
    Well done in gaining in rural what i cannot get in D18.
    (even got notice lately from Siro that they will not supply hence "virgin" monopoly goes on).

How exactly is rural being "over supported"? I have one option - Imagine - and don't expect to see NBP for 3 or 4 years. Not exactly a glut of options.

How exactly is rural being "over supported"? I have one option - Imagine - and don't expect to see NBP for 3 or 4 years. Not exactly a glut of options.

Hear hear
    Stuck with Imagine here also and their appalling service.
    Internet up again now. Let's see how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 28,912 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I am after getting 4 of those text messages this morning

phone line or cable\fibre (imagine) ?.
    political chest beating is going on with "rural" by government

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

So this is interesting - I was chatting to an old school friend of mine yesterday.
    He mentioned how bad his broadband is and asking about mine.
    I said I'm on imagine and I get pretty good speeds and I'm happy with it - he's in the local town on a vodafone fibre connection and is getting 2.5 download speeds and is sick of complaining to them about it.
    Here's my test just now - this is pretty typical for me since I was moved to a new mast a couple of months ago
    10308482666.png

• Advertisement

G1032 wrote: »
    Hear hear
    Stuck with Imagine here also and their appalling service.
    Internet up again now. Let's see how it goes
    monopolies and cartel supported by government.
    when you read other posts of how others try repeater "towers\aerials etc.methods to
    gain some bandwidth, you see the restrictions placed by government and
    the cost of "suported\allowed equipment" which is proferred by comreg.
    IT is "closed shop" and get what you are given with profit to the vested interests.
    ***saw a program from north america\canada where a local set up a community tower
    with government aid to supply the local town\village - cannot even follow any path
    here to aid citizens own initiative.***

Advertisement