Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting from Maynooth or Lucan to Leixlip

• 21-10-2020 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi, I recently got a job in Leixlip and I'm looking into accommodation. There is not a lot going at the moment from what I can find so I am considering commuting from one of the surrounding towns. I don't have a car so I'll be relying on public transport and I'll be starting work at half 7. Is public transport reliable enough for getting to work at the moment with the limitations due to lockdown?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Where in Leixlip, roughly? This matters quite a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 26 walkingpsycho

Oh sorry, as close to Intel as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 13,846 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

66 goes from Maynooth to Leixlip. You'll be fine with that so long as you don't work Sunday mornings.

It's a really quick cycle as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Louisa Bridge train station in Leixlip is only 10 or 12 minutes walk from entrance of Intel. You could consider train from Maynooth (7 minutes on train) or from any other stop on the commuter rail line if you're flexible about where you will live. Clonsilla, Ongar, Hansfield all walking distance to Clonsilla train station (2 stops from Louisa Bridge)for renting options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

You'd be mad not to cycle it its a max of 15mins on the bike from most of Maynooth and Leixlip maybe 30 for Lucan. Look at whats available in Celbridge too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭Rawr

tnegun wrote: »
    You'd be mad not to cycle it its a max of 15mins on the bike from most of Maynooth and Leixlip maybe 30 for Lucan. Look at whats available in Celbridge too.

+1 It's a very do-able cycle too. Mostly flat terrain if I remember right. It's been a long while since I cycled that, but if I remember right the canal tow-path made for a good cycle route (if you are coming from Maynooth). There's a canal lock not far from Intel which is a good point to exit the canal area.

https://www.google.no/maps/@53.3743015,-6.5297602,321m/data=!3m1!1e3

But echo others, you can get Suburban Trains to Leixlip Louisa Bridge and walk it in 10 mins.
    The "regular" 66 bus and *some* 66X will get you there. Avoid 66A, B, D etc...they are no use to you here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭alias no.9

If bus is important, you need to stay on the village side of the N4 if looking at Lucan, or very close to the N4 if on the other side. Intel used run a free shuttle between Hazelhatch and Intel which covered parts of Celbridge too.

Advertisement