Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I know there is some Ford Fiesta ST fans in here so how about some competition for it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Not a Fiesta owner, but Focus ST and I like the look of that in fairness. However, id of prefered if it was symmetric exhaust.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I love everything about it. I already decided to go second hand i30N as my next car (after a local fella let me take it for a spin, now just need for covid to finally feck off), but I will definitely will have a look at this as a new option.

The only thing that worries me is price when it comes to this beautiful island. They already talking about Polo GTI prices, not Fiesta prices. So if its 36k ish car, then its a big nope for me and back to Mk1 i30N for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hyundai's N division are producing decent motors, better than I expected.

If the price point is right, they might get a decent chunk of the hot hatch market between this and i30 N but I'd suspect the Fiesta ST, Golf GTi will still be the go too cars for most people looking for a similar rival and maybe a bit of badge snobbery will come into it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

That's one cool looking Car!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Looks great. Would have to do better than the i30N though, i dont think they went down too well.

Considering Hyundais popularity in Ireland, i dont think i've ever seen an i30N in the wild but you'd pass Golf R's and Fast Focus on a daily basis.

I think it's pedigree. People buying a performance car usually want the history behind it too. That said, Hyundai have to stsrt somewhere and it does look nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,103 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Some might like the rarity of the i30n rather than meeting 10 or so other Golf Rs on the drive to work. The interior of the i30n lets it down a bit but that's not really the defining thing with hot hatches. They will improve that with the next generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Looks great. Would have to do better than the i30N though, i dont think they went down too well.

Considering Hyundais popularity in Ireland, i dont think i've ever seen an i30N in the wild but you'd pass Golf R's and Fast Focus on a daily basis.

I think it's pedigree. People buying a performance car usually want the history behind it too. That said, Hyundai have to stsrt somewhere and it does look nice.

I’m surprised at how well the i30n are holding their value. I thought early ones would be well into the 20s now but they’re still 35+ more or less

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

bazz26 wrote: »
    Some might like the rarity of the i30n rather than meeting 10 or so other Golf Rs on the drive to work. The interior of the i30n lets it down a bit but that's not really the defining thing with hot hatches. They will improve that with the next generation.

Ah in fairness i wouldn't say rariety or exclusivity is a reason for people to lust after them, new or used, they are rare because nobody really wants them vs the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,103 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Ah in fairness i wouldn't say rariety or exclusivity is a reason for people to lust after them, new or used, they are rare because nobody really wants them vs the competition.

Sometimes it's nice to have something other than the default choice of the masses. Also I don't think Hyundai really pushed them here and were excluded from their low PCP rates whereas VW were offering the GTi and R with similar finance rates as their bread and butter Golfs.

Have you had a drive in one? Most reviews praise how fun it is to drive. Have a look at markN's review here:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

After test driving Leon cupra 290 and i30N, hands down i30N is so much more fun. I was pretty set to go Leon cupra for next car, but not anymore. Funny enough there are about 5 people in Limerick city with i30N, I never knew there would be that many.
    Thing is, in real life its very stealthy, from further distance, it looks like normal i30, so hard to notice if its i30N, which for me, is even better. You will notice golf gti everywhere.

They hold value really well, and any of them that drop to 30k mark, sell pretty damn quick. Another thing to say, that Huyinday the only ones giving long warranty and honor it if you take it to track. That says a lot how confident they are in their N cars.

I haven't seen any bad reviews too, in fact, a lot of people praise i30N, unfortunately a lot of people have badge snobbery. Plus a lot of people have a mindset "If its not Golf or ST", its a piece of ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Austmcc

I've passed one up in the mountains having a weekend spin. Other than that, I've only ever passed them sitting in a forecourt that I drove by once a week.

I'd be interested in the i20n in the future, though I do like the look and sound of the 3cylinder fiesta ST. Future problems.

The i30n is also on a list if they ever fall in value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Cant really warm to its looks as its a little too fussy but 1190kg weight is nice. Id say 6.7 to 60 is conservative. The Mark V Golf gti was a very similar pace on paper but was 140 odd kg heavier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,887 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Another thing to say, that Huyinday the only ones giving long warranty and honor it if you take it to track. That says a lot how confident they are in their N cars.

Hyundai wouldn't have the best of reps when it comes to honouring their warranties in reality though. Plenty of stories of them being very awkward over gearbox and clutch issues.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Hyundai's N cars are pretty good by all accounts.

p.s. I'd still go for a Fiesta ST :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Old thread I know but I really like the pops from the i20 N exhaust. It's also a lot dearer in this country than the Fiesta ST.

Advertisement