Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evil Genius 2

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Lots of positives in that - didn't want to rush it, we were busy growing and shifting our business and we didn't wanna crowdfund cause we're now successfully where we wanted to get to as a business. It's nice when these companies are still in the "let's just be honest with our punters and treat them like sentient beings with a brain."

Might have to go instal the original now again for a bitta craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Shiminay wrote: »
    Lots of positives in that - didn't want to rush it, we were busy growing and shifting our business and we didn't wanna crowdfund cause we're now successfully where we wanted to get to as a business. It's nice when these companies are still in the "let's just be honest with our punters and treat them like sentient beings with a brain."

Might have to go instal the original now again for a bitta craic.

yeah, I've been looking for the disc past hour or so. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Not sure if Rebellion have much experience with this type of game, but definitely looking forward to more Evil Genius. The first was great craic, albeit too short.

This is shaping up very nicely - they seem to be retaining everything that made the original fun, whilst expanding on some of the ideas. Hopefully this will have some better longevity though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,131 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Ooohh looking very nice indeed

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement

This is worth a watch, as it gives a few more details about the gameplay. They're definitely adding another few layers to the existing EG experience. Looking tasty!

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    This is worth a watch, as it gives a few more details about the gameplay. They're definitely adding another few layers to the existing EG experience. Looking tasty!

Seems like they have kept the spirit of the old game alive, just gave it more depth, while preserving the humour. Looking good to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Original came out in 2004

16 years ago :eek::eek:

Feel old now :(

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Original came out in 2004

16 years ago :eek::eek:

Feel old now :(

We have aged great though. Like a fine wine!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

I have the original, bought it cheap on a steam sale. Never played it. lol

• Advertisement

jaxxx wrote: »
    I have the original, bought it cheap on a steam sale. Never played it. lol

Give it a spin, it's aged, but still funny.

Delayed until next year, due to the impact of Covid 19.
    Dear Evil Genius Community

We hope this finds you and your loved ones safe and well.

Over the last five months or so, Rebellion has been working hard from the safety of our homes. As of now we're only just beginning to welcome a handful of our staff back into our studios.

It's been a challenging time. We tried to ensure there wouldn't be a disturbance to our capacity and plans, but in such unexpected circumstances we've had to make some changes.

Today we're announcing that Evil Genius 2: World Domination will launch in the first half of 2021.

We had originally planned for Evil Genius 2 to launch this year. However, the impact of COVID-19, transitioning from the studio to our homes and adapting to new ways of working all contributed to this difficult decision.

We want to deliver a sequel that will do justice to the franchise and be loved and played by the Evil Genius community for years to come, just like the original. And while we know many of you will be disappointed to wait a little longer, launching next year affords us the time to do precisely that.

One of the things we most prize about Rebellion is our independence, which allows us the freedom to do what's right for our games and our staff. That's what we're doing for Evil Genius 2. We hope you understand our decision.

We'll announce a final release date as soon as we can. Expect an update sooner rather than later.

Here on the Development Blog, normal service will resume in two weeks' time. We're going to be to showing you much, much more of Evil Genius 2 over the coming months, as well as sharing some information on the upcoming closed beta. We can't wait to see what you think.

Thank you as ever for your support and your trust.

Chris and Jason Kingsley, Rebellion Co-Founders

Statement taken from Steam.

It's a fair reason and makes sense.

Big fan of shark traps

Not sure I like different doors for different agents. I just loved my lvl 3 door.

Big fan of shark traps

Not sure I like different doors for different agents. I just loved my lvl 3 door.

Same. I guess we're going to have to prepare for every eventuality!

I'm liking that lairs will have multiple floors - should mean we've a lot more variations to try out.

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Same. I guess we're going to have to prepare for every eventuality!

I'm liking that lairs will have multiple floors - should mean we've a lot more variations to try out.

Thinking mega base with some kind of death ray.

Probably best not to play this wearing earphones so...

• Advertisement

Release date of March 30th. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Excellent. March is shaping up to be a good month for games, with this out the 30th and BoI:Repentance the next day.

Not long to go now.

Reviews seem pretty solid so far.

Some details on the first DLC here also.
    The treachery won’t stop at release! As revealed previously, there will be a season of new content coming to the game in the weeks and months after launch, and that includes both paid and free content.

While the dev team is strictly focusing on launch right now, Rebellion can reveal a new campaign pack is planned for post-launch, featuring a new playable Genius, island lair and Force of Justice. Across other packs we’ll also introduce new henchmen, minion types, room types, traps, items and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

this is out now, i want to get it but anything i buy recently end's up on xbox gamepass so im on the fence..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Seems to be getting decent reviews anyway. 7's and 8's from what i've seen.

Yeah, I'll definitely get it in a few weeks when I have some time to put in to it.

Yeah, downloading now.

I'll post a review after a few hours play.

• Advertisement

So played for about 6 hours.

My thoughts.

Plays exactly like the first game. It's nearly identical, just with gorgeous new graphics.

Much larger build space and ability to build on multiple levels is good.

Cutscenes are bit naff.

Lots of missions and endless pointless side missions.

No bugs so far.

Patriot agents keep blowing up my power plants. Fcuk those guys.

No ability to guard doors?

Lots and lots of research.

Game runs hot. Memory Junction is at 92C whe card temp is around 72. Therefore fans are spinning quite loud. No other game has done this, not even Cyberpunk.

Advertisement