Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,362 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

NcdJd wrote: »
    Feck I thought I was site banned for posting in the vegan forum when the post button of the old thread was greyed out. :o Heart palpitations..

Could still happen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,121 ✭✭✭✭Base price

blue5000 wrote: »
    Seeing as Whelan started the original chit chat series, we've named no 11 in your honour.

Last page of chit chat 10 is here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058005042&page=666
    Brilliant thought and well done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

Reggie. wrote: »
    Could still happen

I better dust off the backup account just in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I better dust off the backup account just in case.

I thought this one was the backup account?

Feck it, I'm getting old...;)

I thought this one was the backup account?

Feck it, I'm getting old...;)

Sh1te maybe it is. I've so many i get confuzzled sometimes, I'll send you a full list in the morning chief. :)

• Advertisement

Sh1te maybe it is. I've so many i get confuzzled sometimes, I'll send you a full list in the morning chief. :)

Thought back up accounts were not allowed

Thought back up accounts were not allowed

I bought this account from a lad in the pub. He threw in 3 for the price of one. Thought it was a good deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

Hi all,

Just wondering, I'm sure some of you have purchased a tractor or machine up North, when they say they just want a valid vat number, do I just supply the number at the time of possible purchase or do I need one of the tax clearance codes that they now give out?

Cheers, It's probably been asked many times but a quick search found me nothing recent

• Registered Users Posts: 29,056 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

blue5000 wrote: »
    Seeing as Whelan started the original chit chat series, we've named no 11 in your honour.

Last page of chit chat 10 is here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058005042&page=666

:eek: I dont know if that's a good or a bad thing

whelan2 wrote: »
    :eek: I dont know if that's a good or a bad thing

I demand to see the manager on this

• Advertisement

Aska wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wondering, I'm sure some of you have purchased a tractor or machine up North, when they say they just want a valid vat number, do I just supply the number at the time of possible purchase or do I need one of the tax clearance codes that they now give out?

Cheers, It's probably been asked many times but a quick search found me nothing recent

Whichever they ask for. Normally its just the vat number. You might have to give it to them 24hrs in advance for them to check its genuine. This isn't always the case tho

Had to get hairs from an angus bull for the angus association. We decided to do it in a crush we have out in the field. We got him in , I stepped backwards and fell over a stone into a nice bed of young nettles. Stung my back and butt. :eek: feels like my arse is on fire

Vegan on newstalk, would make your blood boil listening to her. She was brought on to talk about Christmas food but is just going on about animal cruelty and murder. Sent in a text don't think it will be read out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Whichever they ask for. Normally its just the vat number. You might have to give it to them 24hrs in advance for them to check its genuine. This isn't always the case tho

Do they check if if genuine, or genuinely you?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

4 Bullocks to load this evening for the factory. Nervous already. 4 of the madest yokes that have ever been in the place.
    Holding pen here that I use when loading is half a column of a haybarn so 2 sides are gates bracketed to the H iron. Both raised an extra 10" last evening.
    Lad that takes em for me has a jeep and box. So I need the 4 to face the right way once they load. In fairness he is very calm and a good handler.
    Fingers crossed.

CHOPS01 wrote: »
    4 Bullocks to load this evening for the factory. Nervous already. 4 of the madest yokes that have ever been in the place.
    Holding pen here that I use when loading is half a column of a haybarn so 2 sides are gates bracketed to the H iron. Both raised an extra 10" last evening.
    Lad that takes em for me has a jeep and box. So I need the 4 to face the right way once they load. In fairness he is very calm and a good handler.
    Fingers crossed.
    Dont get excited. The lad loading them will be well used to it. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Jd310

Anyone know the going rate for dung spreading [side spreader] on its own?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭straight

Jd310 wrote: »
    Anyone know the going rate for dung spreading [side spreader] on its own?

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/table-contractor-association-releases-full-2020-guide-rates/

ganmo wrote: »
    Do they check if if genuine, or genuinely you?

I've been asked for a copy of my drivers licence before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

I've been asked for a copy of my drivers licence before

Not everyone is as suspicious looking as you though:D

• Advertisement

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    Not everyone is as suspicious looking as you though:D

This I can confirm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

Fingers crossed.

4 loaded but 1 was a sub !
    One mad fcuker bolted and forced his from the pen between side of the box and gateway and was heading down the avenue towards the main road while the other 3 loaded. 3 phone calls to the bother who is working from home and thankfully he answered on the third. Got to him and turned bullock back. Then the bsatard decided to take 3 strands of a good quality barbed wire fence with and into my 4 little calves.
    My man says we'll try him again. So we headed to the field to try turn him back into the yard. Another ditch and a stream cleared. Bye bye yo him.
    My man definitely wanted 4 loaded so we'll try another he says. An overage Angus who is a comrade of the mad CHx. Eventually we got him into the pen. Let out the 3 and managed to get the 4 up.
    Not looking forward to the next days frolics when he has to be faced again. 30months on Saturday.
    In fairness my man is very calm and doesn't get excited. Can't beat experience

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭TheFarrier

Odelay wrote: »
    Did you measure them? 2 ft sounds very low. I cant see any measurements on the offer, only the pipe thickness at 60mm or 76mm?

27 inches from top of wall to top of railway track upright.

Haven’t measured any barrier but any I’ve seen were a good bit higher than that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note: Just a quick reminder to carry the Covid chat over to the Covid thread, please, folks. We'll try to keep this one Covid19 free for those that don't want to be chatting about it.

Thanks in advance,

Buford T. Justice

• Registered Users Posts: 21,104 ✭✭✭✭Water John

TheFarrier wrote: »
    27 inches from top of wall to top of railway track upright.

Haven’t measured any barrier but any I’ve seen were a good bit higher than that

Hope to check the ones I'm buying on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,025 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Looks like Wexford is going to win the All Ireland this year in the hurling.

You heard it here first!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

My jeep passed the test first thing this morning, apart from 4 new tyre's it only required a few light bulbs so I'm happy out. I wore the old tyre's out to the last so I couldn't complain and I opted for some all terrain BF Goodrich which although pricy look the business and are way ahead as regards grip and road holding.

My original CVRT was out in June but it got extended 3 months until now (October). Will my new cert be backdated until June or will I have gained 3 months on it? I was that pleased when the tester said it passed I forgot to ask him.

My jeep passed the test first thing this morning, apart from 4 new tyre's it only required a few light bulbs so I'm happy out. I wore the old tyre's out to the last so I couldn't complain and I opted for some all terrain BF Goodrich which although pricy look the business and are way ahead as regards grip and road holding.

My original CVRT was out in June but it got extended 3 months until now (October). Will my new cert be backdated until June or will I have gained 3 months on it? I was that pleased when the tester said it passed I forgot to ask him.

You will gain three months :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Jjameson

4 loaded but 1 was a sub !
    One mad fcuker bolted and forced his from the pen between side of the box and gateway and was heading down the avenue towards the main road while the other 3 loaded. 3 phone calls to the bother who is working from home and thankfully he answered on the third. Got to him and turned bullock back. Then the bsatard decided to take 3 strands of a good quality barbed wire fence with and into my 4 little calves.
    My man says we'll try him again. So we headed to the field to try turn him back into the yard. Another ditch and a stream cleared. Bye bye yo him.
    My man definitely wanted 4 loaded so we'll try another he says. An overage Angus who is a comrade of the mad CHx. Eventually we got him into the pen. Let out the 3 and managed to get the 4 up.
    Not looking forward to the next days frolics when he has to be faced again. 30months on Saturday.
    In fairness my man is very calm and doesn't get excited. Can't beat experience
    Such escapades gel to reaffirm my relationship with God!
    I hope all goes well the next day. Is he amongst cattle now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭orm0nd

well done

Last Saturday moved in the hard shoulder to avoid a BMW who's driver (male) reckoned a 4x4 with a 14' trailer was less of a risk than the light briars of his passenger side

wrote off the back passenger side tyre on the jeep, must have been a rock there dislodged by a hedge cutter

tyre was about 50% but would have done for a while yet

Advertisement