Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edwin Poots

• 19-10-2020 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

So another day another time where sectarianism rears it's ugly head.

https://twitter.com/DarranMarshall/status/1317182076702121985

It's themun's ect....My question is why on earth is acceptiable? I get why people will just roll their eyes at this but i'm getting tired of this now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

O'Neill wrote: »

It's themun's ect....My question is why on earth is acceptiable? I get why people will just roll their eyes at this but i'm getting tired of this now.
    Both the DUP and Sinn Fein up there are poisonous. The Bobby Story funeral was a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 80,795 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

Is the difference 6 to 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭O'Neill

Both the DUP and Sinn Fein up there are poisonous. The Bobby Story funeral was a disgrace.

The Bobby Story funeral was akin to the golf dinner by Irish ministers a month ago, it's an idiotic move and rightly condemed. Not sure though why this compares to this personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,370 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The Bobby Story funeral was akin to the golf dinner by Irish ministers a month ago, it's an idiotic move and rightly condemed. Not sure though why this compares to this personally.

It was considerably worse. A full scale public funeral by law makers breaking their own rules.

image.jpg

The other parties should have walked away from the assembly for a display of absolute gross negligence by a party obviously unfit to govern.

There is no if/buts/maybes. And not ONE of them resigned or was pushed out.

It was considerably worse. A full scale public funeral by law makers breaking their own rules.

image.jpg

The other parties should have walked away from the assembly for a display of absolute gross negligence by a party obviously unfit to govern.

There is no if/buts/maybes. And not ONE of them resigned or was pushed out.

Absolute morans and yes of course they should've resigned but please stay on topic of my thread, otherwise start another one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Are his figures of 6/1 re infections in traditionally Nationalist areas V. traditionally Unionist areas?

Even if he was half right I think the issue of him making political gain from it is a lesser problem for Nationalist areas at the moment. The main problem for them is the point that guy is making.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I doubt very much its 6/1. He's probably comparing some kip of an estate in Strabane with a rural farming village in Antrim, so being very selective in what he's comparing to score cheap political points.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Normal One

• Registered Users Posts: 31,746 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

He is from the DUP what do you expect?
    The 6 to 1 figure sounds like absolute nonsense to be honest.
    For example Ballymena has increased restrictions and it is very much predominantly protestant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Well done that man, finally someone telling it like it is. It’s about time someone stood up and started busting the myths about the Catholic Virus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,977 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Are the stats available to that level?
    If they are and it backs up what he is saying then fair enough, but he/DUP/someone needs to provide the stats on which this observation was based. Otherwise its just another sectarian rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

should guarentee him a few hundred extra votes at the next election

man knows his audience

Are the stats available to that level?
    If they are and it backs up what he is saying then fair enough, but he/DUP/someone needs to provide the stats on which this observation was based. Otherwise its just another sectarian rant.

'That community' ect.. of course it's sectarian. Derry/Strabane consequently had hardly any cases until the last month. The pubs and restraunts as a matter of fact closed voluntarily before the rest of the UK. Why the rise of cases? Who knows, close to the border? Donegal was very bad recently. Schools, university reopened, people being complacement but none of this is hardly exlusive to the 'nationalist' community.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

If you want your United Ireland you are going to have to start being nicer to the unionists. It is that simple. There is a million of them, they have rights too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,650 ✭✭✭✭maccored

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    If you want your United Ireland you are going to have to start being nicer to the unionists. It is that simple. There is a million of them, they have rights too.

they've had their arses licked for too long

maccored wrote: »
    they've had their arses licked for too long

Keep it up, you are going to have to learn how to keep licking their ass going forward. For the rest of your life.

You are well used to it now anyway.:)

What do you think they are going to do, get the boat to Stranraer as soon as the border poll arrives? Don't be such a flute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

There may be less unionists in the North than nationalist now. There also may be less than a million Unionists. There are at least 5 times as many nationalist on the island, I think it is time for the Unionists to start being nice to their fellow islanders. They do have their rights but they seem to not have any responsibilities, they let the UK government pick up bill for their errant behavior.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,650 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Keep it up, you are going to have to learn how to keep licking their ass going forward. For the rest of your life.

What do you think they are going to do, get the boat to Stranraer as soon as the border poll arrives? Don't be such a flute.

no.equality is the way forward. have you ever heard of that word before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Didn't their leader Arlene say that she will be doing just that, she could not live on an island run by Fenians.

Didn't their leader Arlene say that she will be doing just that, she could not live on an island run by Fenians.

She is all talk though.

You know that, Fermanagh women have notions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Absolute morans and yes of course they should've resigned but please stay on topic of my thread, otherwise start another one.

Mod

Ill mod the thread, if thats ok with you, OP.

You focus on taking part.

If you have an issue with someones posts, report them - dont call them out on thread for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I always hear ‘Edwin Poots’ as a phrase, not a name....

Anyhow. Back on topic. Forgive the intrusion.

:)

Baggly wrote: »
    Mod

Ill mod the thread, if thats ok with you, OP.

You focus on taking part.

If you have an issue with someones posts, report them - dont call them out on thread for it.

Just a tip, you should learn more from Digital Spy forums and how their mods work. No need for the rude patronising language

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

If you want your United Ireland you are going to have to start being nicer to the unionists.

Hilarious.

Unionists are going to have to start being nicer to their nationalist neighbours to maintain their little pretend country.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

O'Neill wrote:
    Just a tip, you should learn more from Digital Spy forums and how their mods work. No need for the rude patronising language

Wasn't intended that way! Sorry OP

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I wouldn't say its 6/1 but with historically higher levels of unemployment amongst nationalists and much lower representation in intergenerational inheritance (inheriting farms, businesses land) , nationalists (catholics) are still poorer , and as we can see from almost anything, if theres groups of people who love to disobey rules and go to funerals/protests/pissups its the lower income levels.

Obviously theres swathes of poor protestants up there too, the burning bonfires can swillers , but those types make up a lower percentage of unionists.

Hilarious.

Unionists are going to have to start being nicer to their nationalist neighbours to maintain their little pretend country.

Online molotov.

That is fighting talk now. Ya boya.

Nobody will want it when they learn what it will mean. It’s all just romantic dreams at the minute with no thought towards reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Nobody will want it when they learn what it will mean. It’s all just romantic dreams at the minute with no thought towards reality.

thats it, its like a lad on the dole wanting a rolls Royce, it seems brilliant till you think about how utterly unaffordable it is.

• Advertisement

The biggest barrier for the next 100- 200 years will be the unionists kicking up after any border poll, there will be killings for sure. That will take generations to fizzle out, no one reading this now will see the day I reckon.

In around 300 years time no one will care any more and you will have the odd loyalist onclave around Larne or out Strangford. There will be some sort of dispensation given and a united Ireland will literally trickle over the line. It will be no biggie either at that point.

But giving out about tulips like Edwin Poots as if it is some sort of a thing is pointless, he is just drumming a few votes and whipping up fear, that's what politicians do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement