Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what percentage of the Irish population would you think has had covid?

• 19-10-2020 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭

they say 50,000 people here have had covid 19. but as most people don't even get symptoms, what would you say the real figure is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

pgj2015 wrote: »
    they say 50,000 people here have had covid 19. but as most people don't even get symptoms, what would you say the real figure is?

I'd say at the moment we are probably picking up most cases, say two thirds of all cases. Not basing it on much but I can't imagine they are catching all cases, especially people with no symptoms.

Back in the first phase nobody with no symptoms were tested and nobody under 60 if not severe enough to be hospitalised. I would guess we were only finding 10%-20% of all cases.

Added both those together I'd guess about 500k have had it so around 10% of population. I know they did some antibody tests a while back and had around 2%-3% of population having had the virus but I think those tests have been questioned due to only picking up high levels of antibodies only.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

About 400,000 in total based on the numbers.

Advertisement