Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to buy 0% fat. high protein yoghurt in bulk? (Greek style)

Options
  • 17-10-2020 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi all,

Im looking to find a supplier that does yogurts between 2-10kg Greek style yogurt.

The yoghurt has to be high in protein and 0% fat

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Patsy167

GerBear93 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Im looking to find a supplier that does yogurts between 2-10kg Greek style yogurt.

The yoghurt has to be high in protein and 0% fat

Any ideas?

Not sure if it fits the bill but Aldi have 1kg tubs of Skyr (Quark)for €1.99. Best value I have seen - 11g of protein per 100g / 0g fat

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭tangy

Make your own with UHT skimmed milk?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭GerBear93

Patsy167 wrote: »
    Not sure if it fits the bill but Aldi have 1kg tubs of Skyr (Quark)for €1.99. Best value I have seen - 11g of protein per 100g / 0g fat

I'm currently doing this but buying over 80kg per week so looking for someone who could supply bigger tubs and constanly have them in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭GerBear93

tangy wrote: »
    Make your own with UHT skimmed milk?

I did not know this was possible. I'll look into this 🙂

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

I'm currently doing this but buying over 80kg per week so looking for someone who could supply bigger tubs and constanly have them in stock.

Pallas foods or Musgraves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I did not know this was possible. I'll look into this ��

Thank you.
    I make yogurt with evaporated milk, you can control the dilution and also the sugar levels by fermenting it far longer. Not sure what you want it for but if you want low fat you might also want low sugar, and lots of low fat stuff is kept as high or higher in sugar to make up for the taste.

Greek yogurt is strained to get it thicker, which is an extra step, while with my evaporated milk yogurt I just mix it all back up at the end, no need to strain as I keep it concentrated.

Evaporated milk is easier to store as its smaller in volume and longer life than UHT, pretty much lasts indefinitely if its tinned.

Advertisement