Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon

Comments

SPDUB wrote: »
    Apparently Amazons "we missed you" notices don't have much information about where to go to collect items and people have been turning up at their local An Post office to collect items

I would imagine they'd try deliver the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

My last two deliveries have been Amazon logistics. Not a fan so far.

I know what time the postman comes, DPD send a text.

Amazon at 1am were still saying due Wednesday, woke up and it's out for delivery. 5 hours later it arrived. Saturday was a disaster, ruined plans for the day, particularly as driver went in and out of the estate multiple times. Two different drivers.

First prime day package has been dispatched, relieved to see it's coming via DPD

Caranica wrote: »
    My last two deliveries have been Amazon logistics. Not a fan so far.

I know what time the postman comes, DPD send a text.

Amazon at 1am were still saying due Wednesday, woke up and it's out for delivery. 5 hours later it arrived. Saturday was a disaster, ruined plans for the day, particularly as driver went in and out of the estate multiple times. Two different drivers.

First prime day package has been dispatched, relieved to see it's coming via DPD

They've only just started this service. Give them a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

2nd package in a row being delivered by Amazon Logistics.

Can someone explain this to me, I know they have took warehouse space out in West Dublin somewhere (I believe someone mentioned Rathcoole), but my packages are still shipping from England.

Is it that the drivers are based out there and items are processed through there or is it as I hoped that they would stock the most in demand items out there so they wouldn't have to be shipped from England in the first place (akin to a typical Amazon Warehouse).

The map is quite handy, a few teething problems are to be expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,113 ✭✭✭rameire

Have had two deliveries over the last two days from Amazon using their own delivery service.
    both times the van has driven past my house Clonee. I have then received a notification that I am a few stops away from being delivered, then the van flies around my neighbourhood doing deliveries Littlepace and Hunters Run, while driving past my house on multiple occasions, he then buggers off to nearby areas Ongar and Mulhuddart before returning around an hour or so after seeing him fly past my house first.

I think they need to update their delivery software as they are illogically delivering their goods, and wasting their time and money.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

1huge1 wrote: »
    Is it that the drivers are based out there and items are processed through there or is it as I hoped that they would stock the most in demand items out there so they wouldn't have to be shipped from England in the first place (akin to a typical Amazon Warehouse).

It's just a distribution centre for deliveries, no stock is actually kept there.

VG31 wrote: »
    It's just a distribution centre for deliveries, no stock is actually kept there.

Thanks.

I still hope its something that they may do down the line, Brexit and next day shipping come to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

1huge1 wrote: »
    Thanks.

I still hope its something that they may do down the line, Brexit and next day shipping come to mind.

Very unlikely. We're a tiny market. All the FCs are in bigger countries.

They've only just started this service. Give them a chance.

So today's delivery fun, 2 packages due one with DPD and one Amazon....

7am check app, Amazon delivery definitely being delivered tomorrow. DPD moved forward to today. 9am get text from DPD, one hour time slot this morning. Arrived in good time, all great. Got the notification it had been delivered, was clicking on it to clear it and opened the app by accident. Amazon delivered item coming today, wtf?

I had to go out for a few hours, on my chat with Amazon logistics they said they would put call me on my account so to call me before delivering. So, fine I thought. I also checked my delivery options to make sure it said "none" under safe place. So I went out.

End result, no call, no card, no item. Contacted Amazon "he left it with a neighbour, number X". Just bloody great, the neighbours who don't talk to anyone and I certainly don't rate my chances of getting my package. Thankfully it was only a wireless mouse but what's the point of putting call, and "don't leave anywhere else" on my account if the driver is going to ignore it?

Thats interesting as with both packages I've recieved from Amazon logistics so far and like yourself, they both ended up coming a day early (with me only finding out an hour or so before).

I'm working from home so it really isn't an issue, but they don't have access to my apartment so I can imagine for some people it can be quite annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

As it's a new area they may not have good forecast data and thus are under promising. Hopefully it gets better over time.

Prime day has resulted in 4x AP and one DPD consignment for me so I musn't be on any of their routes as yet.

I'm in Dublin 12 and it's all Amazon Logistics now.

I'm in Dublin 12 and it's all Amazon Logistics now.

My last two prime day packages have been dispatched today and both with An Post, such a relief. Think the split of prime day orders was

1 DPD
    3 An Post
    3 Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

I ordered something this morning with a delivery date of Thursday. I just got a dispatch email and the delivery date is now Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭Polar101

Got an email at 8:30am to say Amazon Logistics will deliver my parcel by 9 pm (It's Saturday). There is a tracking id, but can't see a way to do anything with that.

Let's see how this goes. Most of the time I get An Post deliveries, which aren't amazing as they always deliver straight to the post depot, and they manage to lose the delivery dockets surprisingly often.

Polar101 wrote: »
    Got an email at 8:30am to say Amazon Logistics will deliver my parcel by 9 pm (It's Saturday). There is a tracking id, but can't see a way to do anything with that.

Let's see how this goes. Most of the time I get An Post deliveries, which aren't amazing as they always deliver straight to the post depot, and they manage to lose the delivery dockets surprisingly often.

When the driver is 8 or 9 stops away you'll get a notification and a live tracking map. In my experience (suburban Dublin) they could take anything between 30 minutes and 3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭steve-o

When the driver is 8 or 9 stops away you'll get a notification and a live tracking map. In my experience (suburban Dublin) they could take anything between 30 minutes and 3 hours.
    I had some deliveries due on Monday, but all of a sudden they were out for delivery today. I was about to head out, but driver was only 5 stops (500m distance) away, so I decided to wait. That was 90 minutes ago. Each stop has been at least 30 minutes, so I'm guessing that one "stop" at an apartment block could involve lots of deliveries to different apartments!

steve-o wrote: »
    I had some deliveries due on Monday, but all of a sudden they were out for delivery today. I was about to head out, but driver was only 5 stops (500m distance) away, so I decided to wait. That was 90 minutes ago. Each stop has been at least 30 minutes, so I'm guessing that one "stop" at an apartment block could involve lots of deliveries to different apartments!

I feel your pain, that was me last Saturday. He literally was 2 roads away in the estate. Lots of it also to do with people not knowing the area. When I was next stop last Saturday he drove in and out of here multiple times before finally coming back and driving slowly enough to read the numbers on the doors (31 minutes later). So it might be a single package but a clueless driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭PenguinForce

Hi,

I ordered a vacuum cleaner on prime day and I noticed my parcel is being "Delivered by Amazon" and they provided me with a tracking number beginning with 'GA'.

I couldn't seem to find the courier for the tracking number provided. Does anyone know what courier they are using when the parcel is being delivered by Amazon? As far as I know Amazon doesn't have their own courier service in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Lolle06

Hi,

I ordered a vacuum cleaner on prime day and I noticed my parcel is being "Delivered by Amazon" and they provided me with a tracking number beginning with 'GA'.

I couldn't seem to find the courier for the tracking number provided. Does anyone know what courier they are using when the parcel is being delivered by Amazon? As far as I know Amazon doesn't have their own courier service in Ireland.

I always receive my Amazon parcels via AnPost.

• Advertisement

Lolle06 wrote: »
    I always receive my Amazon parcels via AnPost.

Yeah same here. I think this is the first time I noticed my parcel to be delivered by Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭afatbollix

They have started doing their own deliverys. It might say delivery by amazon logistics this means it will be an amazon employee who will be doing the delivery.

afatbollix wrote: »
    They have started doing their own deliverys. It might say delivery by amazon logistics this means it will be an amazon employee who will be doing the delivery.

That's interesting. Did this only started happening recently? I presume it's not for all orders. If it's more reliable than An Post I'm all for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

That's interesting. Did this only started happening recently? I presume it's not for all orders. If it's more reliable than An Post I'm all for it.

Yeah seems to be a new thing. Delivery drivers with blue Amazon-emblazoned shirts.

Had a delivery from one today (Saturday)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Read somewhere that An Post have lost the Amazon contract which is a pity as I find them the most reliable of all the delivery services

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭afatbollix

They opened a warehouse in Dublin which looks like a last mile depot. (It doesn't hold many products)

Id say it will be deliveried by Amazon in Dublin but An post for outside Dublin. It costs more to deliver something in Mayo no way would a van be profitable to leave Dublin and drive all the roads of Mayo to deliver to a hand full of houses, Amazon will stick to Dublin where a van could deliver 1000s of packages a day with out driving much.

Read another thread on this. It does sound pretty interesting that Amazon is starting to use their own courier. Might be easier to deal with if something goes wrong.

My order is actually out for delivery today which is 3 days earlier than expected. I read that you get a notification if the driver is under certain number of stops away from you. Will see how well that works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

NATLOR wrote: »
    Read somewhere that An Post have lost the Amazon contract which is a pity as I find them the most reliable of all the delivery services

The contract has changed but An Post will still be delivering Amazon packets even in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭Polar101

Got the "8 stops notification" 3.5 hours ago. The tracking map has shown the driver popping around the local estates since (never more than 500 metres away), the counter dropped to "4 stops away" and then changed to "the driver has to make a few more deliveries on the way to your address".

Not too sure what I'm tracking here, I'm guessing it's not actually a live position, unless the driver takes a 30-minute coffee break at each dropoff point.

Edit: Delivered 6 hours after "your driver is 8 stops away". Saturday delivery isn't too bad, but would be nice if they followed the route they told me about. I realise they must be very very busy after Prime Day, so let's see how this goes next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭ClydeTallyBump

3 deliveries with Amazon Logistics so far.

The first two went fine. The driver rang as the apartment complex intercom system is broken.

Then a delivery that was due on Monday suddenly got forwarded to today. I was watching the map and the driver was in the area for at least 2 hours. Eventually it said he had 2 stops left. Then all of a sudden I get an email saying it was delivered to a resident. I ran downstairs and no sign of it. Knowing some of my neighbours, if this is the case, I will never see the package. So I went onto the chat bot. They told me to wait until Tuesday and if hasn't arrived by then, they will replace it or refund it.

I would honestly prefer if you could have an option as to what courier/delivery service you want. An Post have rarely failed me as it goes to the depot or sometimes to my local PO. Same with DPD, always efficient.

Advertisement