Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 5 Captains?

• 16-10-2020 7:02am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Who is your GW 5 Captain?

On WC, so not sure yet.

GW 5 Captains? 129 votes

DCL(LIV)
    65% 85 votes
    Salah(eve)
    0% 1 vote
    Werner(SOU)
    7% 10 votes
    Ings(che)
    0% 1 vote
    Bruno(new)
    0% 0 votes
    Maupay(cpl)
    2% 3 votes
    Son(WHU)
    0% 0 votes
    Kane(WHU)
    12% 16 votes
    Vardy(AST)
    10% 13 votes
    Grealish(lei)
    0% 0 votes
    Jiminez(lee)
    0% 0 votes
    Other, mention in thread
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,552 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Salah but Kane tempting if I get him in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Thinking Son but that could change yet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Son/Kane depending on which I get in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

vardy party

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

Son only transferred him in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭The Guru 123

Have Kane but think captaining him may be a bit of a trap, West Ham at home looks great but West Ham are flying and have been one of, if not the best defences in the league so far.

Think I'll stick it on Salah.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Was going to go with Kane.

But with the KDB news I'll likely be transferring in Son. And Kane/Son might be investment enough in Spurs attack for this fixture.

So that leaves Salah as the only real other viable option. Not a huge fan of the fixture though, has been a tight one in recent years and obviously Everton are flying. But Salah's never a bad choice and it's hard to choose between Kane/Son.

FWIW chatting to my Spurs fan friend there and he reckons Son is a better shout than Kane this week due to the amount of matches Kane has had to play recently

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Morzadec wrote: »
    Was going to go with Kane.

But with the KDB news I'll likely be transferring in Son. And Kane/Son might be investment enough in Spurs attack for this fixture.

So that leaves Salah as the only real other viable option. Not a huge fan of the fixture though, has been a tight one in recent years and obviously Everton are flying. But Salah's never a bad choice and it's hard to choose between Kane/Son.

FWIW chatting to my Spurs fan friend there and he reckons Son is a better shout than Kane this week due to the amount of matches Kane has had to play recently

Am I right in saying that Son had the last 2 weeks off? (as in just training with Spurs and not travelling with SK)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Salah I think. Kane is tempting but West Ham have been very good defensively so leaning towards Salah.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Havertz for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Just looked at the team I set up over a week ago and I left Zaha as captian, pretty sure that wont last until 11am tomorrow morning. Salah, Jorghinho, DCL and Chilwell all being considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,199 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Anybody else feel like Spurs are a trap? Southampton and United were so bad defensively, West Ham will be well organised and generally do well in this fixture. KDB to Son looks like the obvious move for me this week but just not sure about captaining him.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Jota

But could change last minute to kane

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Anybody else feel like Spurs are a trap?

Agreed. Its a London derby too which throws in an unknown. I think either manager would be happy with a 1-0 win.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,195 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Always Captain Salah

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Kane, London Derby. No brainer!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

gammygils wrote: »
    Always Captain Salah

Been doing that most this year but I just hate the 12:30 Saturday morning match! Can ruin your weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

manual_man wrote: »
    Salah I think. Kane is tempting but West Ham have been very good defensively so leaning towards Salah.

Yeah but Moyes is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Brough in Son for KDB but going to give the armband to Watkins.
    Foxes have a few injuries atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Will be brave/stupid and captain bamford, most of my team face each other, between Leicester, villa, Liverpool and Everton.... Too many "safe" options which could easily get neutralised out of the game.

I figured bamford, at home against a wolves team who ... May ship a few goals (I hope), I suppose he has as good a chance as anyone else of getting a goal or two.

It was a toss up between him and Saint maximin, I think United are shakey at the back and will concede and st.max is likely to feature in any Newcastle goal.

Edit: the Portuguese contingent in wolves team will all undergo covid testing because of ronaldos positive results, so wolves could also be missing more players by Monday if anyone tests positive. One article I found suggested the game could be called off or wolves forced to draft in squad members if they have significant positive results (extremely unlikely but even one of two wolves players infected could have a bearing on game result)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭COH

Captain 'Arry

Advertisement