Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Castle Farm Dunboyne

• 11-08-2020 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Has anybody reserved a house from the plans at Castle Farm? Looking forward to seeing the show house next month

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Wormy001

We have been looking at castlefarm too. Looking forward to seeing the show houses too.
    We are looking at one of the 3 beds but prefer the layout of the kitchen for both the 2 or 4 bed options. Typical really but you can't have it all your own way!

Have you reserved one already or are you waiting on the showhouse and for the next phase?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭BrosnanL27

Wormy001 wrote: »
    We have been looking at castlefarm too. Looking forward to seeing the show houses too.
    We are looking at one of the 3 beds but prefer the layout of the kitchen for both the 2 or 4 bed options. Typical really but you can't have it all your own way!

Have you reserved one already or are you waiting on the showhouse and for the next phase?

Same - prefer the kitchen layout in the 2 and 4 beds but we have gone ahead and reserved one of the 3 beds! Hoping a small island might be able to go in to break the layout up a bit. Won't know if that's possible until the show house is open though!

We're delighted with the fact the attic can be converted at some stage in the future to the same layout as the 4 beds top floor. Seems there's a window and all in the 3 bed semi detached attics.

Are you from Dunboyne yourself? Seems like a lovely down and close to loads of amenities with Blanch down the road.

BrosnanL27 wrote: »
    Same - prefer the kitchen layout in the 2 and 4 beds but we have gone ahead and reserved one of the 3 beds! Hoping a small island might be able to go in to break the layout up a bit. Won't know if that's possible until the show house is open though!

We thought the exact same thing with regards to the island in the 3 bed. Could hopefully squeeze one in :D Congrats on reserving a place. 1st step sorted!

We're delighted with the fact the attic can be converted at some stage in the future to the same layout as the 4 beds top floor. Seems there's a window and all in the 3 bed semi detached attics

Was wondering about the windows ourselves when we went out and looked at the place from afar. It seemed like they were 4 beds but going from the site plan a few of them were the 3 beds.
    Are you from Dunboyne yourself? Seems like a lovely down and close to loads of amenities with Blanch down the road.

Originally from Clonsilla myself so know the surrounding area quite well from when i was younger. Have heard nothing but good things in relation to Dunboyne itself so thats always a plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 calmness

Looking forward to the show houses as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,999 ✭✭✭Caranica

Drove past it today and the location struck me. Dunboyne hasn't stretched out quite that far yet and there's no footpath on the bridge between the development and the start of Dunboyne village.

There's a great community feeling about Dunboyne, was involved in a local group there though I live in D15, was jealous of how the locals really pull together and support each other.

• Advertisement

Caranica wrote: »
    Drove past it today and the location struck me. Dunboyne hasn't stretched out quite that far yet and there's no footpath on the bridge between the development and the start of Dunboyne village.

There's a great community feeling about Dunboyne, was involved in a local group there though I live in D15, was jealous of how the locals really pull together and support each other.

Really good to hear about the great community feeling!

Yeah you'd cross the road over towards the station to get on the footpath to the town. Did it myself and it's a grand walk - 10 mins to the pub :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

Caranica wrote: »

just give it time! the land across the road has been sold and will run all the way up to the M3 train station. There is a path over the bridge, where people in Castle Farm will use and then cross the road at the entrance to the train station.

Viewed the 3-bed yesterday and was really impressed! I thought the sitting room was a little bit smaller than I was anticipating but the kitchen is alot bigger than what I had in mind so delighted with that. Definitely room for an island to go in. Loads of storage throughout and the bedrooms are all generously sized. Hallway is a tad narrower than what I was thinking it would be but it does give the sitting room a bit of extra width. EA reckons December will be the move in date for that current row that have been built. The row behind it will have an approx March move in date.

No electricals are included in the sale - so none of the integrated cooker, dishwasher, microwave etc. in the show house. Flooring not included either.

Well worth a viewing if anybody is interested! Would love to hear other peoples opinions.

Viewed the 3-bed yesterday and was really impressed! I thought the sitting room was a little bit smaller than I was anticipating but the kitchen is alot bigger than what I had in mind so delighted with that. Definitely room for an island to go in. Loads of storage throughout and the bedrooms are all generously sized. Hallway is a tad narrower than what I was thinking it would be but it does give the sitting room a bit of extra width. EA reckons December will be the move in date for that current row that have been built. The row behind it will have an approx March move in date.

No electricals are included in the sale - so none of the integrated cooker, dishwasher, microwave etc. in the show house. Flooring not included either.

Well worth a viewing if anybody is interested! Would love to hear other peoples opinions.

That's great to hear about the kitchen, bedrooms and the viewing possibility in general - I might give them a ring on Monday and see when they might be offering phase two viewings.

Unfortunate about the electricals and living room size but definitely something I'd like to see myself before making any judgments :)

What was the situation with the 3 bed semis having that extra window that looked to be the attic space?

That's great to hear about the kitchen, bedrooms and the viewing possibility in general - I might give them a ring on Monday and see when they might be offering phase two viewings.

Unfortunate about the electricals and living room size but definitely something I'd like to see myself before making any judgments :)

What was the situation with the 3 bed semis having that extra window that looked to be the attic space?

Defo worth a look! I'm going to get in touch with Bespace who have done the kitchen and ask what they're charging for the full integrated package. Surely they'll do a deal - I hope!

The 3-bed show house is the terraced type so we didn't get to see the attic with the window unfortunately.

Overall we're delighted anyway - going to jot down a list of questions for the EA. I'll post any more info I get.

• Advertisement

Thanks, I went for a viewing as well and it looked nice. The show house didn't have any furnishing so it gave a good idea about the space. The rooms are generous enough.

The heating is done using heat pump systems and no gas in the estate. They tell it is the most efficient one around but would have loved to have the solar panels as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 briefgate

Hi all. I am new at this. Do you need to have a deposit to get a schedule for a viewing?

briefgate wrote: »
    Hi all. I am new at this. Do you need to have a deposit to get a schedule for a viewing?

Yeah, but check with the agent on the Castle Farm website anyway. There might be a few cancellations.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kavo89

anybody have a price for a 3 bed semi? i am guessing the first phase all sold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

we are living in dunboyne and will be looking at a new build over the next few months. we are shocked at how quick these went up - like 3/4 months (with lockdown in between) i think they are timber frames but would wonder about quality (sound proofing etc). are all new houses timber framed?

im not a local but my partner and her family are. i like the area as its very well located, the community are very good tbf but amenities arent the best. everything you could want is close by though tbf.
    i also imagine with the sprawl of new estates coming online there will have to be an increase in amenities over the next few years.
    i would love to see a public pool, rugby club, better selection of restaurants but could easily see myself here indefinitely.

kavo89 wrote: »
    anybody have a price for a 3 bed semi? i am guessing the first phase all sold out?

East facing back gardens are 375k and west facing are 385k. EA told us 2 people pulled out of their reservations so there may still be something available in the first phase.

we are living in dunboyne and will be looking at a new build over the next few months. we are shocked at how quick these went up - like 3/4 months (with lockdown in between) i think they are timber frames but would wonder about quality (sound proofing etc). are all new houses timber framed?

im not a local but my partner and her family are. i like the area as its very well located, the community are very good tbf but amenities arent the best. everything you could want is close by though tbf.
    i also imagine with the sprawl of new estates coming online there will have to be an increase in amenities over the next few years.
    i would love to see a public pool, rugby club, better selection of restaurants but could easily see myself here indefinitely.

Really good to hear good things about the area. It's the location that does it for us and as you say - more amenities are expected as the population grows.

I'm not sure about the houses being made of timber but definitely a good point. We viewed the show houses and the walls seem solid but it's hard to know about soundproofing. The layout of the semi detached houses are in such a way that the 'living' spaces (sitting room/kitchen/master bedroom) are all on the detached side of the house so would hope noisy neighbours wouldn't be an issue in those spaces!

Defo worth a look! I'm going to get in touch with Bespace who have done the kitchen and ask what they're charging for the full integrated package.

Did you ever get anywhere with Bespace?

Hey we have an appointment booked in with them the end of the month so I'll let you know what the story is. They've already said they can't take deposit on anything until we actually have the keys in our hands. No harm in getting prepared for what it'll all cost though. We're hoping to order appliances, a kitchen island and a built in tv unit for the sitting room through them.

Hey we have an appointment booked in with them the end of the month so I'll let you know what the story is. They've already said they can't take deposit on anything until we actually have the keys in our hands. No harm in getting prepared for what it'll all cost though. We're hoping to order appliances, a kitchen island and a built in tv unit for the sitting room through them.

Thats Great to hear.

We have the deposit on one of the 3 bed semis now for the 2nd Phase so very glad to have that part done before Christmas.

Would love to hear how that meeting turns out and what changes are potentially available. Seems to be Q2 for our completion dates (April/May at the moment) so still plenty of time to decide if we want any specific changes.

• Advertisement

Thats Great to hear.

We have the deposit on one of the 3 bed semis now for the 2nd Phase so very glad to have that part done before Christmas.

Would love to hear how that meeting turns out and what changes are potentially available. Seems to be Q2 for our completion dates (April/May at the moment) so still plenty of time to decide if we want any specific changes.

Congrats! I will get back in touch once we've met with them and will let you know what they say! Yes nice to have a bit of time in the new year to get sorted before move in. We're hoping the predicted March move in date for us is accurate!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 FTBuyer2021

Thats Great to hear.

Hey everyone!

Great info in this thread so far, thanks for that!

I’m hoping to get one of the 3 bed mid terrace houses in the 3rd phase!

Someone mentioned some changes they might have for the builders before completion. What kind of changes are you looking at? I’ve yet to view a show house so I’m intrigued! Thanks in advance and happy Xmas.

Hey everyone!

Great info in this thread so far, thanks for that!

I’m hoping to get one of the 3 bed mid terrace houses in the 3rd phase!

Someone mentioned some changes they might have for the builders before completion. What kind of changes are you looking at? I’ve yet to view a show house so I’m intrigued! Thanks in advance and happy Xmas.

Hey welcome!

Personally the changes we have asked for and that have all been approved are:

We want a full wall between the kitchen and living room.

We've asked for the door of the walk in wardrobe to open in towards the bedroom instead of in towards the wardrobe (gives more space in the wardrobe).

We've asked for alcoves to be put in the main bathroom and ensuite showers. They're charging €70 per alcove.

We've asked for the countertops in the 4 bedroom kitchen instead of the countertops in the 3 bed (they're alot darker in the 3 bed).

We've asked for some sockets to be moved just cause they'll suit the layout we have in mind more.

That's about it I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 FTBuyer2021

Hey welcome!

Personally the changes we have asked for and that have all been approved are:

We want a full wall between the kitchen and living room.

We've asked for the door of the walk in wardrobe to open in towards the bedroom instead of in towards the wardrobe (gives more space in the wardrobe).

We've asked for alcoves to be put in the main bathroom and ensuite showers. They're charging €70 per alcove.

We've asked for the countertops in the 4 bedroom kitchen instead of the countertops in the 3 bed (they're alot darker in the 3 bed).

We've asked for some sockets to be moved just cause they'll suit the layout we have in mind more.

That's about it I think!

Oh wow. This is really helpful, thank you so much! Cause I haven’t been able to view the property yet, I appreciate this!

Is it me or are the low sockets a bit odd looking in the bedroom? Thanks again! Fingers crossed I get in with 3rd phase 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 7 FiReBoLt81

Hi there! Thanks a lot for all this useful information! We are looking to buy a 2 bedroom in Castlefarm.

Mind if I ask about the flooring? How much is that going to cost?

Thanks a lot and happy holidays!

Wormy I'll DM re this

• Registered Users Posts: 7 FiReBoLt81

Wormy I'll DM re this

Hi Brosnan! Could you please DM me as well? I am very interested in this :-)

Thanks a lot!

FiReBoLt81 wrote: »
    Hi Brosnan! Could you please DM me as well? I am very interested in this :-)

Thanks a lot!

Of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Harleyheels_92

Hello everyone! I set up an account to keep an eye on this thread. I am buying a 3 bed terrace due to be completed in March. Has anyone who bought one of the front houses moved in yet? Trying to gauge when we need to do the dreaded IKEA trip (when it opens)!

Also re people asking about requests for changes, we have asked the builder to fill in the recess that is in the sitting room for a fireplace as we don’t want one, we will be putting a TV unit there instead, and we have also asked for the kitchen cabinet to be changed to fit a double oven and built in microwave, as the show house only had space for a single oven and microwave.

Looking forward to moving in with all my new neighbours!!

• Advertisement

Hello everyone! I set up an account to keep an eye on this thread. I am buying a 3 bed terrace due to be completed in March. Has anyone who bought one of the front houses moved in yet? Trying to gauge when we need to do the dreaded IKEA trip (when it opens)!

Also re people asking about requests for changes, we have asked the builder to fill in the recess that is in the sitting room for a fireplace as we don’t want one, we will be putting a TV unit there instead, and we have also asked for the kitchen cabinet to be changed to fit a double oven and built in microwave, as the show house only had space for a single oven and microwave.

Looking forward to moving in with all my new neighbours!!

Hey and welcome!!

I'm not sure if anyone has moved in yet on that front row. They were supposed to be in this month but with the site shut down it may not have gone to plan. Have you been told your place will still be ready in March? Our place was supposed to be March too.

That's great to hear that they're going to change the kitchen cabinet to fit the double oven - this is something we want too so I will definitely request it! So you'll have the double oven and then the microwave on top?

Sounds like it's going to be a lovely little estate, can't wait to move in!

Advertisement