Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bus Eireann getting stuck in...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

I get that bus regularly and it doesn't normally go under that bridge but I've heard it was re directed due to roadworks so maybe the driver didn't know the bridge was too low.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭91wx763

I get that bus regularly and it doesn't normally go under that bridge but I've heard it was re directed due to roadworks so maybe the driver didn't know the bridge was too low.

BIG sign on right of tunnel wall ? BIG sticker above drivers head in cab ? Deduct latter from former, if minus figure bus probably won't fit ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭dowlingm

How tall are those buses? If >3.4m then bang to rights but it has been known for councils to repave roads and not check the clearance after, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

I'd be asking who approved the redirection and advised the driver to take a double decker down that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

dowlingm wrote: »
    How tall are those buses? If >3.4m then bang to rights but it has been known for councils to repave roads and not check the clearance after, no?

the buses are around 14 feet nd the restriction is a little over 11. Don't blame the Council

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

Tarabuses wrote: »
    I'd be asking who approved the redirection and advised the driver to take a double decker down that route.

Why? The person approving the diversion was not driving the bus.

It was the Bus Eireann bus driver who was driving the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Took the wrong turn, the one he/she should have taken was 100 mts further on.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,664 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Looking at the pic he must have been moving at a decent clip to get that far under the bridge, or he tried to crawl through and didn't know when to quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,952 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Looking at the pic he must have been moving at a decent clip to get that far under the bridge, or he tried to crawl through and didn't know when to quit.
    They said it suffered minor damage so the driver must have been going at a crawl. (Presumably he/she didn't realise that they had taken a wrong turn so assumed that other drivers had been able to get through).

Advertisement