Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nice spots to shoot in Autumn

• 14-10-2020 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Not sure if Galway county is better suited.

I love getting out shooting as much as I can during this time with all of the autumnal colors etc

Looking at checking a few spots out however wondering is there anywhere people would recommend?

Especially forests areas or glens in Galway county worth visiting

Outside of Merlin, Barna woods, Renville, coole park etc I am wondering is there anywhere else worth checking out

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Do you mean photography?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Or non-distancers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,799 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Maybe I'm strange, but I love the roof top shots I can get from the top of the multi level car parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Are you going postal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

biko wrote: »
    Do you mean photography?

Yes indeed, sorry I should have been more specific

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,666 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

biko wrote: »
    Do you mean photography?

I used to love this time of year working in multi-nationals. The culchies talkng about their shooting expeditions, and watching the penny finally drop among the the fluffy-bunnies crowd.

Are you going postal?

Not yet!! Plenty to keep me busy, just looking for cool places in co galway outside of the norm

I used to love this time of year working in multi-nationals. The culchies talkng about their shooting expeditions, and watching the penny finally drop among the the fluffy-bunnies crowd.

Thankfully I mean photography, should have made it clearer

It's not going to be like Maine but places like Brigid's Garden and Coole Park should be nice.
    In city centre - not sure. Maybe Terryland walk?
    Photography forum might know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

NUIG campus has a few big trees, walk from the quadrangle (entrance near cathedral) and make your way along the riverside towards the sports centre at dangan. Can’t remember what it’s like for autumn colours but check out Dr Chaosheng Zhang who takes lots of photos around NUIG for some inspiration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

If you head out to Oughterard, and take a right turn after the Centra, there are some nice spots beside the lake. Further on the same road, beyond Derroura Woods, is the Western Way trailhead. Very beautiful area to take some lovely photos.

Edit: here's the view from the trailhead:

50490055587_d56de44abe_b.jpg

Link no work, dilallio
    Try with an image ending in jpg etc

Oh, and the Golden Mile in Oughterard is nice in autumn

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Walk along the canal from NUIG down to Spanish Arch- swans, the water etc.

where the dock in Woodquay is- get a nice photo of Galway cathedral & the water.

Blackrock diving board & sunset

The Long walk during the golden hour.

Advertisement