Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

• 13-10-2020 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭

White SR+, sans aero caps, some tinting......

ghvNHfH.jpg
    w1U3V7R.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Interesting to see what exactly will happen Model 3 SR+ & Performance/LR prices with the budget changes this afternoon.

SR+, 80km at 124km/h, heating at 21c, external temp 8c, wet road.
    Worst case scenario really & no issue with that if there's guaranteed fast charging along the route, a supercharger or Ionity etc.

O8AJJBh.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Have my Model 3 7 months today, and it's still bloody awesome.....

512120.jpeg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Guys, would you consider a dechrome?

Gumbo wrote: »

I'm in two minds. After tinting, the chrome doesn't stick out too much.
    The black might actually clash somewhat with the dark glass now.

I have samples of matt & gloss wrap for chrome delete - might do it yet.

• Advertisement

I admit it looks good, but I tend to not be interested in doing anything that's non standard!! I'm a bit boring...

20180623_092738-jpg.14022
    cd0434_9458f9a38713443c9168228bee02bae9_mv2_d_3165_1744_s_2_1024x.jpeg?v=1571708584

.....and how much better do they look without a front reg plate on them??????

@ Kramer,

What level of tint did you get on each window front & rear door windows the same? did you also get the rear done? if so, do they go all the way up to the pillar? so even tinting further the already darkened bits?

@ Kramer,

What level of tint did you get on each window front & rear door windows the same? did you also get the rear done? if so, do they go all the way up to the pillar? so even tinting further the already darkened bits?

I can't comment on the front windows ;), but the rears & rear roof glass were 35% IIRC. The roof glass was done as one piece so yes, darker up top but looks well.
    I tint everything :D.

Interesting, and where did you get it done? and how much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?

what are the legal limits for front/rear windows?

Interesting, and where did you get it done? and how much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?

You cannot tint the front windows at all.
    Basically they come from the factory with a dark tint running through them so adding to it failed the light pass through test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Yes would love do this, on my list.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Do what you want on the rears, I got my S rears/hatch done 80%.
    Didn't touch the fronts, AFAIK would need to let Insurance Co know etc so not bothered going down that road....

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Mad_Lads gonna loose his sh*t

budget looks like an final price increase on a SR+ with a cheaper long range or performance

7% VRT but grant tapered off over 40K noting on a car over 50K

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Vinnymcdonnell

So I have my Performance a month now, and its a bit meh. Would probably recommend a LR for somebody else if they are looking to be honest. I was going for a BMW M2 Comp and regretting the decision not going ahead with it.

Now don't get me wrong, Tesla is cool. Gets a lot of attention and tech is nice, but there are items which really lets it down.

Build quality: It only is ok, but there are bits which are really annoying such as panel gaps just not aligning. Interior not fitting like it should and other items that are just not fitting for a €70k car

Tesla service in Sandyford was not really up to standard, I was left standing for nearly 2hrs when collecting the car, I warned them I needed to be gone ASAP due to meetings I had to attend. I ended up having to walk out and go home even though my car was in the docking bay! Got a call after my meeting saying that car was available to take away.

Range: its pretty bad on mine I find compared to that of my wives Kona. Drove to Kerry and only got about 300kms of range and it was nice weather drive. Kona will hit 450kms no issues driving motorways at 125kms/h. The 300kms in the Tesla was at the speed limit too!! So the performance credentials are not being lived up to!

Grip: the car when you are "driving" it on, it understeers pretty bad. Now this is coming from somebody that would drive cars on at significant rates and have some experience in it.

Odd things just happening: Car sometimes just has a mind of its own. Travelling up from Kerry the car would just put the rainbow road on and start playing a certain song without any request from me. It happened about 5 times and no explanation to it! Phone app is a bit temperamental
    The car seems to have lost some of its performance, the car seems to be a bit slower since the last update, then sometimes it seems to be ok. Its very odd

J-W wrote: »
    Mad_Lads gonna loose his sh*t

budget looks like an final price increase on a SR+ with a cheaper long range or performance

7% VRT but grant tapered off over 40K noting on a car over 50K

I hadn't made my mind up but I think if the price is increasing due to extra tax then I won't be buying any effected EV.

The Government are really bonkers, but it's no surprise, they are a bunch of foold the majority of politicians anyway.

Out or principle, I got no tax reductions, still have to pay extortion taxes on my salary, I've had enough and even if Tesla reduce the costs with the newer battery I'm still not going to buy a M3 SR+ because I'll know it could have been cheaper if not for the Government.

Have ICE cars been effected ? or did they leave them as they are which would be even crazier.

2020.40.4 update last night for Model 3 SR+.
    Bluetooth priority & some improvements.....

https://www.notateslaapp.com/software-updates/version/2020.40.4/release-notes

Pin to Drive is so much smoother now...

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Pin to Drive is so much smoother now...

Do you use pin to drive just as an extra security measure ?

Like if someone get there hands on you phone with the app activated

Do you use it all the time or just when away from home ?

ProImage - Limerick

Cost depends on film & what you want, but approx €150 to €250.

So I have my Performance a month now, and its a bit meh. Would probably recommend a LR for somebody else if they are looking to be honest. I was going for a BMW M2 Comp and regretting the decision not going ahead with it.

Now don't get me wrong, Tesla is cool. Gets a lot of attention and tech is nice, but there are items which really lets it down.

Build quality: It only is ok, but there are bits which are really annoying such as panel gaps just not aligning. Interior not fitting like it should and other items that are just not fitting for a €70k car

Tesla service in Sandyford was not really up to standard, I was left standing for nearly 2hrs when collecting the car, I warned them I needed to be gone ASAP due to meetings I had to attend. I ended up having to walk out and go home even though my car was in the docking bay! Got a call after my meeting saying that car was available to take away.

Range: its pretty bad on mine I find compared to that of my wives Kona. Drove to Kerry and only got about 300kms of range and it was nice weather drive. Kona will hit 450kms no issues driving motorways at 125kms/h. The 300kms in the Tesla was at the speed limit too!! So the performance credentials are not being lived up to!

Grip: the car when you are "driving" it on, it understeers pretty bad. Now this is coming from somebody that would drive cars on at significant rates and have some experience in it.

Odd things just happening: Car sometimes just has a mind of its own. Travelling up from Kerry the car would just put the rainbow road on and start playing a certain song without any request from me. It happened about 5 times and no explanation to it! Phone app is a bit temperamental
    The car seems to have lost some of its performance, the car seems to be a bit slower since the last update, then sometimes it seems to be ok. Its very odd

That rainbow road thing sounds like something is really messed up alright, not had that. I have had a freeze/crash after attempting to show off to a friend by playing the driving game...only to be left red faced :o

On the range that is very surprising. I'm in an SR+ and I drove to Kerry and easily got 300+km on a change, 120km on the motorway. Perhaps you are just hammering? I am surprised with it being that low.

My wife has had issues with the open on approach with her phone. On my Pixel 3a its flawless, but she has a OnePlus and it opens half the time.

• Advertisement

Anyone get a de-chrome in the Dublin area they would recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

loads of model 3s going around Swords now, 2 a penny!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

jusmeig wrote: »
    Anyone get a de-chrome in the Dublin area they would recommend?

im gonna get it done, i think i know someone that does it, ill post the details asap

Car style in Rathcoole have done a few Tesla’s now.

J-W wrote: »
    Do you use pin to drive just as an extra security measure ?

Like if someone get there hands on you phone with the app activated

Do you use it all the time or just when away from home ?

Absolutely. Last line of defence/security.

they might not even need your phone... a wallet will do if you carry a card key in it, which I do

Pin to Drive is activated 100% of the time since collecting the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

jusmeig wrote: »
    On the range that is very surprising. I'm in an SR+ and I drove to Kerry and easily got 300+km on a change, 120km on the motorway. Perhaps you are just hammering? I am surprised with it being that low.

I'm at the negotiation stage of possible SH M3SR+ purchase next year, but feel I will get stung on range and on the car being too conspicuous (!).

Looking at ABRP for average wet conditions like 10 DegC, some headwind 2m/s, 100% starting charge, two passengers, 110 km/h ref speed, I am getting to Newcastlewest from Leixlip (230km) with 6% left...

That looks to me from ABP that the motorway range in Ireland in average weather of moderate cold and some rain and wind that at 120km/h the maximum range is averagely unsettled weather is around 250km. I can imagine 300km is fine in good summer weather and no passengers, but this is an outlier scenario.
    https://abetterrouteplanner.com/?plan_uuid=0596189a-3791-4e03-9592-054b98fd6a15

87328505_3034524446558578_9174688573964681216_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=MFH64JzNGU0AX--ajDe&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=a8934e6fd37b26b912fd15d5565b583b&oe=5FABBB9C
    84244530_3034524599891896_7583128415968952320_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=H9uzm3cS4jQAX-_XC49&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=8c33bc23535ed8a2442ba3d41ca6461a&oe=5FACC712
    87803678_3034525483225141_334760398274166784_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=1NZdXOdGs84AX-ZpiCc&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=310c3b687eccea96a08939c7ba9d267d&oe=5FACDB57

A red Model 3 Gary tinted in ProImage.

Might give people an idea.
    He does chrome-delete too, full body wraps etc.

Apologies for the large pictures :pac:.

the motorway range in Ireland in average weather of moderate cold and some rain and wind that at 120km/h the maximum range is averagely unsettled weather is around 250km. I can imagine 300km is fine in good summer weather

Yeah, the SR+ is really a 250km, year round car. With that said, you'd manage 300km by travelling slower.
    I'd not hesitate to recommend it for occasional 300km motorway runs, especially if there was a supercharger/Ionity on route. I'd not hesitate taking it to Belfast from Limerick now with Ionity at Kill, the superchargers at Birdhill & Castlebellingham etc. It depends on your route & how frequently you'd be undertaking those 250km+ trips.

I'd easily get the 400km WLTP out of it in summer, on rural roads/low average speed etc.

Looking at ABRP for average wet conditions like 10 DegC, some headwind 2m/s, 100% starting charge, two passengers, 110 km/h ref speed, I am getting to Newcastlewest from Leixlip (230km) with 6% left...

In August (about 16-18 degrees, in damp/light rain), I did Dublin to Birdhill supercharger (a 215km trip) at about 110 km/h. Left at 100% and arrived in Birdhill at 29%

so that day my range would have been 300km. I'll happily live with that.

• Advertisement

Kramer wrote: »
    I'd easily get the 400km WLTP out of it in summer, on rural roads/low average speed etc.

I was doing a 50km run twice a day down to my mother and back dropping/collecting JuniorBoBandy before the schools started back, and at one point I had the 50km run down to 97Wh per km (which included about 8km motorway and the rest rural/urban). Now I was taking it really handy, and it was generally nice sunny conditions with no AC/Climate turned on, but that's putting me in the 500km+ range bracket!!!!!!!

Of course with they ying, comes the yang, and these days, doing the school run of about 3-4km, I can use 5% battery (cabin pre heater as well as both seat warmers etc...)

Advertisement