Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-19 & The Great Reset

• 09-10-2020 3:56pm

The Great Reset: Reset and Reshape The Future
    "The pandemic represents a rare but narrow window of opportunity to reflect, reimagine, and reset our world"
    - Professor Klaus Schwab, Founder and Executive Chairman, World Economic Forum

Back in October 2019, this same World Economic Forum, in association with the Bill&Melinda Gates Foundation, ran 'Event 201', a "hypothetical pandemic simulation exercise".
    A few months later, unfortunately/coincidentally, Covid appeared. The pandemic was declared, and they're now putting that plan into action.
    Although some details are still vague, the proposed control measures seem all encompassing. Some examples include:

- Digital identity
    - Internet governance
    - Global Health
    - Global Governance
    - Digital Economy
    - Taxation

Full list here, click the official graphic:https://mobile.twitter.com/zoeharcombe/status/1312747747204882434

Thankfully, Bill Gates had/has been putting billions into vaccine development, so he should have us covered on that end. Klaus Schwab has also said it's unclear whether said vaccines will be a one-off, or administered repeatedly (annually, for example).

Advertisements are already going up around the UK, and I assume all EU countries will be signing up. More official information (including a list of their corporate partners) can be found on their website: https://www.weforum.org/great-reset

I'm grateful these guys had the foresight to prepare us for such unforseen circumstances, and look forward to seeing how they decide to reshape our economy, society and lives for the better :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Dionaibh

I wrote about the Great Reset in the Conspiracy forum. Scary stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I stopped reading at "5G" ...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

How the fcuk is 5G..............ah fcuk it. Not worth the effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

So great to hear OP found the meaning of life. Wish him luck and byeeeee

BattleCorp wrote: »
    How the fcuk is 5G..............ah fcuk it. Not worth the effort.

The point there was stricter governance of internet and 5G platforms. Forget the term 5G for a minute; look into what's actually been proposed and pushed through here in general across the board. Serious stuff.

• Advertisement

xhomelezz wrote: »
    So great to hear OP found the meaning of life. Wish him luck and byeeeee

Thanks for your useless response. Good luck, and blocked :D
    Dionaibh wrote: »
    I wrote about the Great Reset in the Conspiracy forum. Scary stuff.

Indeed; will change everything. Not a conspiracy anymore either, now they're out in the open with it. They said themselves the "window of opportunity is narrow", so they'll do everything they can to force it through in the next 12 months. I hope it's severely watered down or doesn't come to fruition at all, but all the biggest players are officially behind it. People are sleeping on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Like it or not, a global reset is absolutely necessary and pretty much unavoidable. The only question really is if it will be a controlled transition or a natural-economical desaster that will force us to rethink our actions and the ways we live.

The environment is broken.
    Our resource "management" is broken.
    Consumerism is a dying economic model.
    Politics is broken.
    Capitalism is in its last throws.
    Wealth distribution is more unequal than ever.
    Democracy is in danger.

I could go on ...

The coronavirus is forcing us to think new thoughts and try new ways of doing things. It certainly isn't the perfect kickstarter for a global rethink but it's the one were were handed and have to deal with.

The herculean task for the immediate future will be twofold:
    1) Get people to buy into change ..giving up old familiar behaviour patterns is hard to do...even when you know they're plain wrong
    2) Making sure that this time round the reset benefits everybody, not just a select few. Get people out of their fear and apathy and involved in shaping a better future for all of us ...the whole planet. We can't just leave to a select few to decide what's best for us (=them).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

No problem. Anytime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭eleventh

peasant wrote: »
    Multi-billionaires are behind this. If they want wealth distribution, why don't they live that way themselves? What are they waiting for?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭3xh

Like it or not, a global reset is absolutely necessary and pretty much unavoidable. The only question really is if it will be a controlled transition or a natural-economical desaster that will force us to rethink our actions and the ways we live.

The environment is broken.
    Our resource "management" is broken.
    Consumerism is a dying economic model.
    Politics is broken.
    Capitalism is in its last throws.
    Democracy is in danger.

I could go on ...

The coronavirus is forcing us to think new thoughts and try new ways of doing things. It certainly isn't the perfect kickstarter for a global rethink but it's the one were were handed and have to deal with.

The herculean task for the immediate future will be twofold:
    1) Get people to buy into change ..giving up old familiar behaviour patterns is hard to do...even when you know they're plain wrong
    2) Making sure that this time round the reset benefits everybody, not just a select few. Get people out of their fear and apathy and involved in shaping a better future for all of us ...the whole planet. We can't just leave to a select few to decide what's best for us (=them).

A reasoned post, I have to say, among some childish ones here.

But I’d have to ask, regarding a few things;

The environment. If everyone switches to Teslas and Leafs, what damage will that do to the environment? Both the damage around extraction as well as the electricity needed to recharge the billions of new electric vehicles.

We’re told to recycle. But those separated products sometimes end up either in landfill anyway or being burned in an incinerator by big business. Not the public on the street after they’ve bought into the recycle idea. Some recyclables are just dumped in the ocean in certain parts of the world but already energy efficient Europeans are brow beaten into lowering their thermostat by another degree.

Politics is definitely broken. Jobs for the boys after they leave office. Jobs for their friends whilst they are serving in office. I hope Klaus Schwab will target this in his plan. Dynasties are another problem. Sure, a family, a line of brothers, whatever could just so happen to be the best people for the political job but realistically it’s their craving for money, power, junkets, etc that gets them on board. Not a desire to be civic minded.

Wealth distribution. I’ve heard this is part of the reset alright. I’d love to know, if someone is on €100k now, can they expect more or less because of the great reset? Are we to do away with the likes of ever being worth $70bn personally again like Gates, Bezos etc. and level the wealth field with that money redistributed or do they mean stop people earning €200k and sharing that level of wealth with people on €30k etc so we’re all just on €50k, for example? Nothing is stopping the billionaires from giving away their money faster than they are now and not through these quagmire-like Foundations with their names on it. They don’t need a reset for that.

I actually recently read the UN Migration Pact because of all this stuff going on. One thing that struck me was that it was eventually agreed that there’d be no distinction between a political refugee and a pure economic migrant with regards to support offered to said migrants. The UN insisted to the members discussing the doc that there had to be no distinction, no difference in how each of any migrant could be seen by a signatory country. Why would they insist on such a demand on what is clearly two very different causes?

The actions of both the French and British governments in the English Channel is clearly one of collusion. It is not a genuine case of cat and mouse. If we’re told it’s to pay for our pension, it’s clearly a lie as anyone 40 or younger will unlikely see anything like the current pension system in place when they go to draw their state pension down. And these young males don’t become porters in old folks’ homes either, as has been alluded to. So as honest citizens, we’ve a right to be sceptical and demanding of those to which we give power.

• Advertisement

I haven't had time yet to explore what the World Economic forum is and what they are suggesting...those were just my own thoughts.

3xh wrote: »
    But I’d have to ask, regarding a few things;

The environment. If everyone switches to Teslas and Leafs, what damage will that do to the environment? Both the damage around extraction as well as the electricity needed to recharge the billions of new electric vehicles.

You have a few good questions there, but I'd like to take just the quoted one to explain something.

We really need a reset, a radical reset, not just tinkering with the problematic issues.

Replacing gas guzzlers with Teslas in ludicrous mode doesn't solve anything. In fact it makes it worse.
    It suggests to people that if they divert their rampant and selfish consumerism from petrol to electric cars everything will be better and that they are doing something for the environment. That's bull****.
    Finding an alternative to fossil fuel burning cars that weigh two tons and do 0- 100 in 6 seconds is necessary ...but electric cars that are even heavier, even faster and waste a different type of natural resource certainly aren't that alternative.

Working from home, using public transport, buying small efficient cars, using existing cars for longer, cycling, walking, car sharing ...that's where the answers are.

We need to look beyond the immediate quick fix on so many issues and really question everything from the ground up.

Do we really all need to work for money?
    Could we perhaps work for the greater good instead?
    Do we need to consume so much crap and waste so much energy?
    Could we be happier and more kind to each other and the planet at the same time?

Certainly not in the current system.
    But we need to start our imagination going. What kind of society / world would we like to live in, how could we get there.

Plenty of long, gloomy nights ahead with nothing to do ...let's get positive and think good thoughts for the future. Radical ones, but good ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭3xh

Fair enough, peasant.

I agree with many of the solutions proposed by yourself however small they are in the grand scheme of things (and I mean that genuinely, not dismissively).

But my fear is that the powers that be, who are pushing to normalise this idea, already have the answers to these problems and any collaborative work with the public will be piecemeal and largely not implemented anyway.

Whatever happens will happen over the next generation.....

Making sure that this time round the reset benefits everybody, not just a select few. Get people out of their fear and apathy and involved in shaping a better future for all of us ...the whole planet. We can't just leave to a select few to decide what's best for us (=them).

Well, it is the select few who'll be deciding what's best for us (them). As 3xh said, most of the plan has already been put into place. Highly doubtful their proposals will benefit us over them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Indeed; will change everything. Not a conspiracy anymore either, now they're out in the open with it. They said themselves the "window of opportunity is narrow", so they'll do everything they can to force it through in the next 12 months. I hope it's severely watered down or doesn't come to fruition at all, but all the biggest players are officially behind it. People are sleeping on this.

Who are they and how do we know they are 'officially behind it'?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,015 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

I haven’t read about this tbh so I’ll just ask one thing:

Does the great reset include worldwide debt forgiveness by any chance?

Didn’t think so.

Well, it is the select few who'll be deciding what's best for us (them). As 3xh said, most of the plan has already been put into place. Highly doubtful their proposals will benefit us over them.

Still digesting the info on their website(s), but at first glance it doesn't sound all bad.
    Of course it's all very heavy on positive sounding headlines and very weak on actual details how this change ist to be brought about and what concrete plans exist ...if any.

Having said that, an organisation that offers an article like this on their platform:
    https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/04/let-s-ditch-the-economy-of-the-1-and-replace-it-with-a-human-economy/
    cant' be all about greed and enriching the few by subjugating the masses, can it?

I know, most people (me included) really haven't got the time to become involved in something like this and try to influence where it is going ...we're all too busy keeping up with the big hamster wheel of work and paying the bills.

But corona is slowing down (if not stopping) the wheel for quite a lot of us ...we might yet find the time to read and think about this and perhaps even get involved?

Before this thread I was only very vaguely aware of the World Economic Forum ...this is changing now. The more this topic is discussed among ordinary people on ordinary (social) media, the better.

And I don't remember asking them to reset the planet. What a coincidence that a pandemic happened to come along to allow them to reset the planet. I believe the Great Reset to be the greatest threat to humanity in the history of the universe.

Johnson in the UK mentioned resetting the other day, the man in Canada mentioned it recently, and Higgins talked of a new society and economic model the other day as well. Expect to hear more and more world leaders mention it. Many have already adopted the slogan "Build Back Better".

My advice to people would be to get out of the West. The future of the West looks very bleak. I hope people don't think I'm a conspiracy theorist. I've read about the Great Reset and it's frightening.

Many have already adopted the slogan "Build Back Better".

IMO a much better slogan than "let's get back to the way things used to be" ...because like I said in a previous post, what we have (and are doing) right now is definitely broken...even before covid

• Registered Users Posts: 25,393 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

And I don't remember asking them to reset the planet. What a coincidence that a pandemic happened to come along to allow them to reset the planet. I believe the Great Reset to be the greatest threat to humanity in the history of the universe.

Johnson in the UK mentioned resetting the other day, the man in Canada mentioned it recently, and Higgins talked of a new society and economic model the other day as well. Expect to hear more and more world leaders mention it. Many have already adopted the slogan "Build Back Better".

My advice to people would be to get out of the West. The future of the West looks very bleak. I hope people don't think I'm a conspiracy theorist. I've read about the Great Reset and it's frightening.[_b]

What exactly do you think is going to happen?

Have you booked your one way ticket to Moscow yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Do we really all need to work for money?

We call people who dont work for money "slaves". Its not nice
    Could we perhaps work for the greater good instead?

That is called Communism. That has been tried many times and it didnt work before.
    Do we need to consume so much crap and waste so much energy?

That is a leaf out of George Jones books, sure we can get by on gruel.
    Could we be happier and more kind to each other and the planet at the same time?

Being Kinder is a personal choice. I dont think it will end that way with an eat or be eaten policy.
    I am guessing you are going to be the first one to live in this "Utopia"?

• Advertisement

"slaves".

Communism.

gruel.

"Utopia"?

I like your open-minded style of discussion:D

IMO a much better slogan than "let's get back to the way things used to be" ...because like I said in a previous post, what we have (and are doing) right now is definitely broken...even before covid

But my issue with it is that it's all very vague. What on earth does Build Back Better mean? Build better buildings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

I like your open-minded style of discussion:D

What do you call a person who works for no money? They certainly arent free men with choice. Money gives you choice.

Digital enslavement of humanity, and the crushing of freedom (whatever tiny bit of freedom we have left). People will say we already have smart phones, but I fear digital ids, digital currency, a digital economy. I'm speculating here, of course.

Not yet, but I think Russia might be a good country to consider emigrating to. Only problem is the language barrier.

What do you call a person who works for no money? They certainly arent free men with choice. Money gives you choice.

Yes, a d it's very important that money / cash is not got rid of. A lot of places are not accepting cash. Cash is very important. If it goes then banks will have massive control over human beings (tracking payments etc).

But my issue with it is that it's all very vague.

There are two possible reasons why it is all very vague:

It is a hugely complex task to think and carry through a planet re-set. You have to have a vague outline of your ideas and goals first as your starting point. Get everybody behind those and then let's figure out the details
    or

The detailed plan already exists, but its too scary and unfair for the masses, so let's keep it quiet and feed them positive unicorn and rainbow headlines instead.

I don't know either which one it is.
    But I sincerely hope it's the first and not the second

• Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭growleaves

If you watch the full 4 hour videos on the World Economic Forums web site it's clear they envision a kind of techno social credit system. Conformists will be allowed to eat and work and leave their house. "Bad" people will be sanctioned.

All wrapped up in the usual climate, antiracist, covid waffle.

The problem goes deeper than oppression itself, it is the corruption which leads ordinary people to say "it's not that bad" or pretend it is a bright, shining wonderful future. No it is very bad, and no uncorrupt person would endorse it.

What I was trying to get at was more in the lines of a universal basic income.
    In the future, due to automation, there will not be enough work for everybody.
    But there will be enough work that needs doing (social, health, etc) that isn't currently being paid.

Pay everybody some money and then lets see what work they will find for themselves, either the traditional type or something new altogether.

growleaves wrote: »
    If you watch the full 4 hour videos on the World Economic Forums web site it's clear they envision a kind of techno social credit system. Conformists will be allowed to eat and work and leave their house. "Bad" people will be sanctioned.

All wrapped up in the usual climate, antiracist, covid waffle.

The problem goes deeper than oppression itself, it is the corruption which leads ordinary people to say "it's not that bad" or pretend it is a bright, shining wonderful future. No it is very bad, and no uncorrupt person would endorse it.

That sounds horrific :eek:

Would you perhaps have a link to one of the examples that isn't completely coated in sugary sweet waffle?

I haven't found one yet, Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭PMBC

About thirty years ago I was had a good ie interesting job and was on 25k annually. I remember thinking that I'd be 'made' if I was on 50k.
    When that eventually happened I found I was no better off - admittedly I had married and had children. I don't have the answer/s but I know that generally as income improves, above maintenance level, most people aspire to more/better and to raise their 'standard of living'.
    I'm very interested in the idea of a Great Re-set and will read more to hopefuly understand better.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement