Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hospital authorities' attitude to pregnant women and their partners.

• 09-10-2020 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭

https://www.her.ie/news/plans-considered-hse-let-partners-attend-maternity-appointments-virtually-510644
    Due to current restrictions to help stop the spread of Covid-19 many hospitals are not allowing partners to attend appointments with expectant mums.

Some hospitals have even gone so far to ban partners altogether.

With many pregnant woman upset about not being able to share moments, like their first scan, with their partner the HSE has suggested creating a way for partners to attend appointments virtually.

If the women's partners are willing to wear PPE during these appointments then why do hospital authorities think that the pandemic makes it necessary to ban them from these appointments?

The authorities' heartlessness is shocking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

What's the logic with this considering the partner would be with the mother on both sides of the labour / delivery?

Doesnt make sense to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭CiarraiManc

Not to sound callous but they'll have to shut up and get over it. Sick of the entitled whinging out of people. Would you rather have a dead newborn or the male/female/other partner there? Get over it ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

My partner is expecting currently and I'm missing all of the scans etc. I'd far rather she give birth in as safe as possible an environment with as full a complement of staff than being there. It will be nice to be in, but it's not going to kill me to stay away.

Two words explains it really.

"Minimise contacts".

While I do genuinely sympathise, and acknowledge it would be lovely for Dad to be there for every appointment, the first scan, etc it is not necessary from a medical point of view and more people in the hospital exposes everyone from the hospital staff to other pregnant ladies who may be attending the clinic to more contacts.

Advertisement