Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WLR News

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭blacksuir

aziz wrote: »
    There will be no listening to wlr now during the week with all the self back slapping going on

Nearly a week later and it's still going on. I wonder has Michael O'Keeffe from Dungarvan any say on who gets what award. He is or was fairly high up in the world of radio.

Christ Damo is in full "sure we're great" mode, level 5 lockdown about to be imposed and he is playing moments from previous shows that helped him win his gong.

'Twas like the oscar's. I must say thanks to my mammy and my daddy and i would not be here today if it wasn't for my granddad getting all randy all those years back, the night my granny did not have a headache. I'd like to thank my teacher...............

Still no mention of Liz Reddy. Its like she never existed.

The same years ago when Jim Joe Landers left as the G.A.A. man. Hardly ever heard of since.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Well it cant be that bad there, since some of the staff like Timmy Ryan, Ollie Carroll and Matt Keane and Geoff Harris are there decades by now.

Well it cant be that bad there, since some of the staff like Timmy Ryan, Ollie Carroll and Matt Keane and Geoff Harris are there decades by now.

Timmy left and went to Dublin a good few years back and came back. Left the morning programme it seems after a fall out within the station and was hoping to do a show later in the day but was told it was not going to happen. It seems that both Geoff and Ollie would have done a swap but management said no and now only on at the weekend and an odd Bank Holiday monday. Would have said he would be the ideal person to cover holiday's and sick days for others but they seem to prefer your man that was with beat. The chap that was with Tipp FM seems to be gone altogether.

• Advertisement

blacksuir wrote: »
    Timmy left and went to Dublin a good few years back and came back. Left the morning programme it seems after a fall out within the station and was hoping to do a show later in the day but was told it was not going to happen. It seems that both Geoff and Ollie would have done a swap but management said no and now only on at the weekend and an odd Bank Holiday monday. Would have said he would be the ideal person to cover holiday's and sick days for others but they seem to prefer your man that was with beat. The chap that was with Tipp FM seems to be

I thought Timmy left to start his own business...

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭91wx763

91wx763 wrote: »

Started one up, but I've heard more than once there was a falling out. Asked to be moved to a different time slot but it was not granted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Something for us old geezers on tonight and tomorrow at about 8 PM. The Tribes of Waterford, which covers the scenes in the city in that decade - bikers, mods, Music Moves, and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Mods seem (ed?) quite big in Waterford. I know there was the infamous Whacker Mulrooney (RIP).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭91wx763

Mods seem (ed?) quite big in Waterford. I know there was the infamous Whacker Mulrooney (RIP).

And don't forget "F-BANK PUNKS" everywhere in the 80s long before tagging came along. There was also "MAX + SEX", I know who "Max" is/was but we shouldn't name names....😀

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

They must be replacing DT so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

They must be replacing DT so!

Hopefully

Advertisement