Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Here's what I saw today, mark 4 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

• 05-10-2020 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭

Due to the amount of off topic posts in this thread, we have had to introduce new rules for this this:

No posting of what you saw without a photo. Any of these will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be banned.

Please do not post any off topic posts in this thread. We will accept any posts that are in relation to the pictures of cars posted, but any off topics posts will be deleted. The off topics posts will not be dealt with on the thread, but in pm with the user.

Please do not comment on the owners of vehicles posted on here. Saying the likes of 'only a muppet would drive something like that' will not be tolerated on this thread any more. Have your personal opinion on the vehicle, but leave the owners, their occupations and all other begrudgery out of it.

Please do not quote pictures, it becomes annoying to see the same picture over and over throught posts.

If you are in disagreement with other users comments, use the report button, or contact a moderator. Don't deal with it on the thread.

Repeat offenders will take a break from the Motors forum.

Please keep an eye on this post in case of future updates.

Forum Moderators

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Fairview on Friday. Not even a crew cab!

50419481238_c53fbeb03f_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

Odd number plate

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

OSI wrote: »
    As cool as the side exit exhausts are, I'm amazed they're allowed on a passenger vehicle. Especially in the spot they are there.

Good point. Someone could get the legs roasted off them quite easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

A '96 off the M50 last night. Anyone know what the European Road trip thing is about?

IMG-20201005-122736.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭3d4life

As cool as the side exit exhausts are, I'm amazed they're allowed on a passenger vehicle. Especially in the spot they are there.

But are they real exhausts ?

Germans have developed a love of fake exhausts.

How do you like the lookalike exhausts on the E-tron ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,611 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I don't think functional ones are allowed in the EU for the reason you give.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gary550

ba_barabus wrote: »
    I don't think functional ones are allowed in the EU for the reason you give.

Pretty sure they are functional

• Registered Users Posts: 9,611 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

gary550 wrote: »
    Pretty sure they are functional
    They may not be stock or supplied new here in the EU and I doubt they'd pass an NCT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

I was in Bradys today collecting parts and this was in the showroom:

IMG-20201005-205528.jpg

IMG-20201005-205553.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

ba_barabus wrote: »
    They may not be stock or supplied new here in the EU and I doubt they'd pass an NCT

Those side exhausts on a G63 are standard, and functional. Never seen a recent model G63 (or the now discontinued G65) without them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

My neighbor... Well, he lives three doors up, collecting his mail.
    1nW6QA0.jpg
    Granted, we live in a nice part of town, but as I understand it, his car costs over twice what my house costs. And well over what his house costs.

It's a daily driver for him, and I have also seen his sub-20-year-old son behind the wheel. Said son now drives an AMG CLA-43.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

^^ Is he a chemistry teacher? nice car.

Tazio wrote: »
    ^^ Is he a chemistry teacher? nice car.

Actually, we're taking light-hearted bets that he's in a Mexican cartel. Doesn't speak much English.

It's actually a common thing around here. San Antonio's the closest major US city to Mexico, there are quite a few rich Mexicans who have relocated here with their families, where it's safer, and commute (in their private jets, often) South for work.
    Well I like seeing cars like that being used and not stuck in a garage doing 10 miles a year.

Oh, fully agreed.

Actually, I just copped it's "only" a 570s. (I've never paid much attention to it). A lot cheaper than I thought it was, my house actually is worth more.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭chalky_ie

I was going to ask how you are living in a nice house for under 100k!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gary550

Actually, we're taking light-hearted bets that he's in a Mexican cartel. Doesn't speak much English.

It's actually a common thing around here. San Antonio's the closest major US city to Mexico, there are quite a few rich Mexicans who have relocated here with their families, where it's safer, and commute (in their private jets, often) South for work.

Oh, fully agreed.

Actually, I just copped it's "only" a 570s. (I've never paid much attention to it). A lot cheaper than I thought it was, my house actually is worth more.

Out of curiosity what did you think it was?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

I always wondered how the exhausts on the Merc don’t do damage to the tyres and cause them to overheat. Such an odd location to put them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,781 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

201D Bentley Flying Spur (in one of the many blacks available) Mespil Road, D4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

Larbre34 wrote: »
    201D Bentley Flying Spur (in one of the many blacks available) Mespil Road, D4.

Did you read the first post?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Larbre34, threadbanned until Monday for not including a picture

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Spotted in Cork a couple of nights ago - sounded sweet :cool:

528612.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Here's a civic I saw in Allenwood:

civ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Top dog...any more pics that may be my old JDM legacy rs

Mine was a,92 d plate can you confirm it rocking gold 17in speed lines to

Thanks in advance
    DC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

davycc wrote: »
    Top dog...any more pics that may be my old JDM legacy rs

Mine was a,92 d plate can you confirm it rocking gold 17in speed lines to

Thanks in advance
    DC
    92D49816

And yup, looked to be genuine Speedlines to me. No more photos I'm afraid as he left just in front of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Top Dog wrote: »
    Spotted in Cork a couple of nights ago - sounded sweet :cool:

[/IMG]

That's a beauty. Love the line they run up from head light to tail light through the door handles.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,083 ✭✭✭✭blade1

No idea what this is.
    A bit before my time :)

IMG-20201009-083611.jpg

Looks a lot like a model T to me. Even seems to say "Ford" on the top of the radiator and I suspect the "4D" on the license plate isn't a coincidence.

More specifically, seems to be about a 1919 model.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Looks a lot like a model T to me. Even seems to say "Ford" on the top of the radiator and I suspect the "4D" on the license plate isn't a coincidence.

More specifically, seems to be about a 1919 model.

+1 on the Model T.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭ofcork

That AMG GT 53 4 door is stunning!!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭cullow123

BMW M140i
    wGonPkh.jpg

BMW M850i
    dJQa01M.jpg

Mercedes-AMG GT53
    UCTmQP1.jpg

Suzuki Jimny
    6xa5gSG.jpg