Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Reset

Comments

Dionaibh wrote: »
    Yes, but "as if we were living in lockdown" suggests a continuation of distancing, masks, less flying etc, does it not?

Distancing and masks are not responsible for a reduction of emissions... In terms of reduced flying and working from home more often, yep they're gonna become more common. Plenty of people prefer working from home and the environmentally benefits are just another reason. Reduced flying includes less unnecessary corporate journeys. It also doesn't mean no travel, eg high speed rail is an option on mainland Europe. Adjusting behaviours does not mean a state of lockdown.

That website is also created by the below group, not the WEF.

https://www.purposedisruptors.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,704 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Yes, but "as if we were living in lockdown" suggests a continuation of distancing, masks, less flying etc, does it not?

Hmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Dionaibh

Distancing and masks are not responsible for a reduction of emissions... In terms of reduced flying and working from home more often, yep they're gonna become more common. Plenty of people prefer working from home and the environmentally benefits are just another reason. Reduced flying includes less unnecessary corporate journeys. It also doesn't mean no travel, eg high speed rail is an option on mainland Europe. Adjusting behaviours does not mean a state of lockdown.

That website is also created by the below group, not the WEF.

https://www.purposedisruptors.org/

So do you think people will still be able to fly whenever they want?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,704 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

So do you think people will still be able to fly whenever they want?

It's hard not to suspect you are completely taking the piss with these types of questions.

What's stopping people from flying now? the pandemic

Once the virus is no longer an issue, why won't people be able to fly? Think.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    It's hard not to suspect you are completely taking the piss with these types of questions.

What's stopping people from flying now? the pandemic

Once the virus is no longer an issue, why won't people be able to fly? Think.

I'm not taking the piss. I was just wondering if people think that maybe flying and flights will be reduced as part of the Great Reset and to continue to live "as if we were still living in lockdown".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,223 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

But Dave Cullen quotes the following from the Great Reset website:
    Well if Dave Cullen says something it has to be true.
    He's the great Dave Cullen after all...

I'm not taking the piss. I was just wondering if people think that maybe flying and flights will be reduced as part of the Great Reset and to continue to live "as if we were still living in lockdown".

No legal restrictions will be put in place on your ability to fly. Unnecessary corporate trips will likely happen less often. So any adjustments are likely natural behavioural changes rather than some grand plot by evil groups.

King Mob wrote: »
    Well if Dave Cullen says something it has to be true.
    He's the great Dave Cullen after all...

He quoted from greatreset.com.

No legal restrictions will be put in place on your ability to fly. Unnecessary corporate trips will likely happen less often. So any adjustments are likely natural behavioural changes rather than some grand plot by evil groups.

Thanks. The reason I was wondering is because WEF, the UN and WHO are all heavily pushing climate change and the need to change the way we live to reduce emissions and so on. So I was wondering whether they might try to restrict flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,348 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Thanks. The reason I was wondering is because WEF, the UN and WHO are all heavily pushing climate change and the need to change the way we live to reduce emissions and so on. So I was wondering whether they might try to restrict flying.

No they won't

They will encourage less coal burning, newer/cleaner electric cars, less dependency on fossil fuels, more solar power, nuclear power.

No one is trying to stop you from going on your two weeks a year to Lanzerote.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 40,722 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The conspiracy, according to what I've read, is that COVID-19 is being used a cover for ushering in a techno tyranny and sustainability on steroids. ?

ah yes... the great hulking world threat that is "sustainability"

surely an ethos to save the planet is the one thats definitely gonna destroy it.....

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes? And?
    People can dishonestly misrepresent things.
    We've been through this.

Please quote where the WEF has said they are going to restrict flying.
    Exact words please.

No they won't

They will encourage less coal burning, newer/cleaner electric cars, less dependency on fossil fuels, more solar power, nuclear power.

No one is trying to stop you from going on your two weeks a year to Lanzerote.

Okay, thanks.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    ah yes... the great hulking world threat that is "sustainability"

surely an ethos to save the planet is the one thats definitely gonna destroy it.....

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

It may not be as nice as it sounds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzEEgtOFFlM

As pointed out, the website was created by a group of people who describe themselves as "We are a network of advertising insiders working together to reshape our industry to tackle climate change."... So doesn't even relate to the WEF.

Yes? And?
    People can dishonestly misrepresent things.
    We've been through this.

Please quote where the WEF has said they are going to restrict flying.
    Exact words please.

I never said, nor did Dave Cullen say, that they would restrict flying. I don't know how else to interpret "as if we were still living in lockdown" but as a continuation of distancing, reduced flying, less eating of meat, fewer cars on the road. If it's all voluntary then that's okay, but my fear is that it might not be.

As pointed out, the website was created by "We are a network of advertising insiders working together to reshape our industry to tackle climate change."... So doesn't even relate to the WEF.

But WEF is behind the Great Reset. Isn't it just that they got that network to create the website?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭landofthetree

So basically evil financial people run the world.

They are going to force governments to default so the bonds they sold to them will be worthless.

:D

But WEF is behind the Great Reset. Isn't it just that they got that network to create the website?

Nope, the group are a grassroots organisation if you did some reading rather than what a blog tells you to believe.

And I read this morning that Commonpass, backed by WEF and the Rockefeller Foundation, is set to be trialled: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201006006152/en/CommonPass-Digital-Health-Pass-Global-Trust-Framework

• Advertisement

Nope, the group are a grassroots organisation if you did some reading rather than what a blog tells you to believe.

Yes, but WEF is behind the Great Reset. The site still promotes the Great Reset. Does it matter who created it?

And I read this morning that Commonpass, backed by WEF and the Rockefeller Foundation, is set to be trialled: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201006006152/en/CommonPass-Digital-Health-Pass-Global-Trust-Framework

So now you're citing things that would reenable air travel?
    Yes, but WEF is behind the Great Reset. The site still promotes the Great Reset. Does it matter who created it?

It very much matters if the blogs you're relying on are citing it as proof of anything. Claiming a grassroots group is the WEF..

So now you're citing things that would reenable air travel?

It very much matters if the blogs you're relying on are citing it as proof of anything. Claiming a grassroots group is the WEF..

I find the idea of a health passport frightening. It reminds me of the social credit system in China.

But no one is claiming the grassroots group is the WEF. The WEF is behind the Great Reset and there is now a website for the Great Reset. It doesn't matter who created it.

I find the idea of a health passport frightening. It reminds me of the social credit system in China.

But no one is claiming the grassroots group is the WEF. The WEF is behind the Great Reset and there is now a website for the Great Reset. It doesn't matter who created it.
    It very much matters, I can setup a website with the same name and a different domain code saying something entirely different. Anyone can setup a website and its existence is pretty meaningless.

In terms of health checks, there's already certain countries you cannot enter without certain vaccines, the reality is we should try to actively prevent pandemics from spreading.

If it's all voluntary then that's okay, but my fear is that it might not be.
    Ok. Why do you fear that?
    Where have they said that it won't be voluntary?

Why do you think they will restrict travel and how will they do it?
    Where did they say that they would do that that way?
    Again exact quotes please.

You are again flip floping between them being open and them being secret.

It very much matters, I can setup a website with the same name and a different domain code saying something entirely different. Anyone can setup a website and its existence is pretty meaningless.

In terms of health checks, there's already certain countries you cannot enter without certain vaccines, the reality is we should try to actively prevent pandemics from spreading.

I didn't know that. But on that website they quote WEF and the people involved with the Great reset.

But with all the false positives it means it could be very easy for people to be prevented from doing lots of things even if they're healthy. First it'll be for travel. but don't be surprised if they extend it to other areas of life.

First it'll be for travel. but don't be surprised if they extend it to other areas of life.
    Please quote where the WEF said they would be doing this also.
    Again a direct quote is required.

Ok. Why do you fear that?
    Where have they said that it won't be voluntary?

Why do you think they will restrict travel and how will they do it?
    Where did they say that they would do that that way?
    Again exact quotes please.

You are again flip floping between them being open and them being secret.

I'm reading between the lines. They are saying they want to reduce emissions by 7.6% every year so restricting flying is one way of doing that. Notice that I'm careful to say 'may', 'possibly', 'I fear' and so on. I accept that I may be wrong, but they have said that they want to revamp society and human behaviour, so restricting flying could be something they might do.

I'm not sure how they'd do it. No jab no travel might be one way. A lot of people won't want to get a vaccine, so that might be one way. I don't know whether they'd be able to force airlines to offer fewer flights.

They didn't say it, so I can't quote them, but I'm reading between the lines. If we were to rely on people and organisations saying things directly, then we wouldn't be able to convict people of crimes unless they said they committed the crime. We have to examine evidence and come to conclusions based on the evidence.

They didn't say it, so I can't quote them,
    Great, so they're not planning to do that.
    End of conspiracy theory.
    but I'm reading between the lines. If we were to rely on people and organisations saying things directly, then we wouldn't be able to convict people of crimes unless they said they committed the crime. We have to examine evidence and come to conclusions based on the evidence.

And you've flipped back to claim they're not being open again. You keep doing this. You seem to not realise how you're contradicting yourself.

You said they were being open, so then they should be open about their plans.
    However when you're pressed to show that your claims about their plans are accurate, you retreat and claim that they aren't being open.

This is a very dishonest position you have.

You aren't reading between the lines. You're making things up.

Stop bouncing around, either they are being open or they are not. So which is it? They can't be both.

• Advertisement

Great, so they're not planning to do that.
    End of conspiracy theory.

And you've flipped back to claim they're not being open again. You keep doing this. You seem to not realise how you're contradicting yourself.

You said they were being open, so then they should be open about their plans.
    However when you're pressed to show that your claims about their plans are accurate, you retreat and claim that they aren't being open.

This is a very dishonest position you have.

You aren't reading between the lines. You're making things up.

Stop bouncing around, either they are being open or they are not. So which is it? They can't be both.

They're being open about resetting the planet, but they are being vague about what they are planning to do. But they are definitely planning to reset the planet. We can guess as to what they plan to do by reading what they have said and drawing our own conclusions.

For example, a health passport such as Common Pass, which is set to be trialled in several countries around the world, could, and I emphasise could, pave the way for a mandatory vaccine, or, if not mandatory, restrictions placed on those who refuse the vaccine.

So they are being open about resetting the planet, but have not said YET what it is they plan to do.

Advertisement