Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead: World Beyond

• 02-10-2020 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭

Episode 1 is out on Amazon now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,182 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

First episode bored me to death - trying to appeal to teenagers
    Less about zombies and more about relationships

Only hope is the Republic aspect of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭terryduff12

It wasn't great bit of the cool smoking a spliff at the start. Was it rushed i wonder did they get it fully finished before the covid hit.

It wasn't great bit of the cool smoking a spliff at the start. Was it rushed i wonder did they get it fully finished before the covid hit.

Maybe but it was always put forward as youngsters being the stars of the show - but none of the actors have any star attraction (quite the opposite) to make me want to give it more than a few episodes

One thing that seems open ended is did the
    Republic kill everyone in the camp?

yup, guess they didn't have enough money in the budget to show it.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Just watching this now. I gave up on TWD and FTWD, so not too hopeful of this one. Five minutes in, and the utter stupidity of the characters is already annoying me. The teen angst story lines really ruined the first season of Fear, so I have no idea why they've now made an entire show with that as a major plot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,978 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Written by Scott Gimple.

RUN AWAY

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Watched the first episode. Basically just like the other 2 Walking Dead shows where the characters are so crap you hope the zombies win

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

where is it being shown, or.....

• Registered Users Posts: 51,060 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Legally - Amazon Prime this side of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,749 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

First episode wasn't great....the acting is...uneven as well.
    It's an interesting premise but seems wasted so far.
    I bailed on the main show a while back and fear the walking dead at the ranch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Daxve

Yep very meh first episode, but it won't be over staying it's welcome it's a limit series only 2 seasons planned.

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/the-walking-dead-world-beyond-showrunner-explains-why-they-only-want-to-do-two-seasons/

Daxve wrote: »
    Yep very meh first episode, but it won't be over staying it's welcome it's a limit series only 2 seasons planned.

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/the-walking-dead-world-beyond-showrunner-explains-why-they-only-want-to-do-two-seasons/

Of course unless...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Daxve wrote: »

There is a lot to be said for a one and done approach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

This was awful to watch. Like Gilmore Girls with a dash of zombies. I think they were hoping it might bring something of the Buffy appeal to younger viewers but the characters are awful and the dialogue is woeful. There isn't one character you don't want to punch and nobody to root for.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,749 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Episode 2 even worse.
    How could they get this show so wrong?
    The dialogue, the acting, everything is just so poor.
    I think I am done.

Yeah, will give it one more episode but not looking great

Two episodes in and it's dire stuff.

Chocolate for breakfast stable diet in the apocalypse, there probably was a McDonald's on campus too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,953 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I like watching this, just to see how much worse it can get, and how much weight gets lost after their traipsing across the US on the way to their destination. :p

You haven't seen Fear S6E1 yet then? Another episode centered around Morgan. Lennie James must have some amount of dirt on the producers to keep getting these centre stories.

• Advertisement

This is so bad. All the actors are awful. The white girl isn't half bad, but that might be cos black girl and the two males are so bad she stands out for being not awful.

All 4 of them though don't convince me they could last 2 hours in a zombie apocalypse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

bazz26 wrote: »
    You haven't seen Fear S6E1 yet then? Another episode centered around Morgan. Lennie James must have some amount of dirt on the producers to keep getting these centre stories.

Its sad how all the original actors have been side-lined at the feet of Morgan. What do they think he is a new Darryl?

Was really hoping they would kill off Morgan last season but nope he's front and center again - cannot stand the character

Good bit more zombie action (not saying much considering the whole 5 mins that there are zombies on screen) but sorry the trials and tribulations of teenagers is not doing it for me (even the zombie kills were all a bit meh)

Forget the kids and just focus on the Republic - that's the story we need

edit to say - just checking the reviews and they are terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

It'a truly an awful show. The cast are so poor, really poor actors and very unlikeable. And I don't know why but it's really grinding on me that they're using the term 'empties', I feel like we didn't need another name.

The fact that this is 10 years after the outbreak, and they're only learning how to kill walkers now, and seem so shocked to see one up close, just feels so repetitive and unnatural. I get they're supposed to have lived this 'sheltered' life in this new world but it still seems a tad unrealistic how they're viewing them now, all this time later.

I'm surprised these snowflake characters could survive 10 years after the fall of TikTok and Snapchat, not to mind the zombie apocalypse.

Your one reading the poem out in the middle of that episode nearly broke me. God, I hope she dies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Washout

this is so so bad i cant stop watching it to see how they die.
    There isnt a single character that I am rooting for

• Registered Users Posts: 23,953 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

They should have recruited the kids in Stranger Things, a better job would have been made of it, and at least none of them needed to lose a couple of stone.

I'm still looking forward to the next episode though, you can never have too much teenage angst.
    I'm also intrigued by the "Butcher's Apron" hanging on the wall of the psycho woman's office, and wonder if the Brits are reclaiming the Empire after the Zombies took out the competition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

Possibly the worst tv ever made. I'm literally watching because I want them all to die.

Truly awful characters.

Genuinely, hilariously bad TV.

Advertisement