Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a house on Kiltipper Road, D24

• 25-08-2015 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,
    We've just put a deposit down on a house in elder heath, just wondering what the area is like and does anyone know what the traffic is like from that area in the mornings to the m50 southbound?
    Thanks, Lisa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Hammer15

Lisaderh wrote: »
    Hi,
    We've just put a deposit down on a house in elder heath, just wondering what the area is like and does anyone know what the traffic is like from that area in the mornings to the m50 southbound?
    Thanks, Lisa

Hi Lisa,

You've two options really to go to the M50 in the mornings.

1: use the Old Bawn Road straight up to the Knocklyon Exit, usually around 7minutes to get there.

2: use the N81 Tallaght bypass down to the Tallaght exit, around 10minutes to get onto the motorway from leaving home.

Used to live near there myself until fairly recently.

Area itself can be busy. Get to know your neighbours is my advice. Look out for each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lisaderh

Hammer15 wrote: »
    Hi Lisa,

You've two options really to go to the M50 in the mornings.

1: use the Old Bawn Road straight up to the Knocklyon Exit, usually around 7minutes to get there.

2: use the N81 Tallaght bypass down to the Tallaght exit, around 10minutes to get onto the motorway from leaving home.

Used to live near there myself until fairly recently.

Area itself can be busy. Get to know your neighbours is my advice. Look out for each other.

Thanks a mill, I've read mixed reviews about the area and were pretty nervous! Where are the area that aren't so great around us?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭LastStop

Lisaderh wrote: »
    Thanks a mill, I've read mixed reviews about the area and were pretty nervous! Where are the area that aren't so great around us?

Hi, that place backs onto Deer Park. That's a bit of a concrete jungle where kids play jumping on cars because of the lack of green spaces. There is a lot of social housing in there too. I spent a couple of years living there. Hell.

For the prices of 260k to 315k there a lots of better choices of areas to live than there. That's my honest opinion. Have lived in surrounding areas for many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lemondrizzle

Hi Lisa. I have also put a deposit down on a house in Elder Heath. The houses look fab and the estate itself will be fine I think. I also worry about a few of the surrounding areas but I suppose you get good and bad everywhere . Hopefully it will all work out for us and be fine. Fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lisaderh

Hi Lisa. I have also put a deposit down on a house in Elder Heath. The houses look fab and the estate itself will be fine I think. I also worry about a few of the surrounding areas but I suppose you get good and bad everywhere . Hopefully it will all work out for us and be fine. Fingers crossed :)

Oh brilliant :) are u Elder Heath court? It looks fab and so private away from deerpark even though we share an entrance. We're excited but nervous as we're not from the area we are living in stepaside at the minute. Are u from tallaght?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

I've lived in Marlfield (just down the road) for the last 10 years and took a trip up to have a nose around the Elder Heath showhouses when they were launched. It looks like a lovely little estate and even closer to the mountains than we are! As Lemondrizzle says there is good and bad everywhere but I have always found it fine. It's a lot of house for not a lot of money in a grand area - it's not Dalkey but it's not Beirut either, you will be fine!

Simon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I live in that area. There is a serious problem with burglaries around. Get a community going where everyone looks after each other and you will be fine. The road it comes out on, if you turn right, is a country lane leading to Killinarden Hill. Handy shortcut to Citywest, while if you go the other way, you are two minutes from Old Bawn.

The local pub is the Kiltipper House, nice pub, fantastic food. There is a local Eurospar which has shrunk about 3 times as it wasnt doing the business.

I have not seen the showhouses but I would have no problem living in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭leavingirl

it's not Dalkey but it's not Beirut either, you will be fine!

Simon

Sounds like Aleppo up there today

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭sullivk

Hi, just wondering has anyone moved in at Elder Heath? How are you finding it?
    We are considering buying there in the near future

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mermaid25

Hi,
    We have just moved into Elder Heath in the last few weeks. Loving it so far - very quiet and the men on site really look after you especially Pat & Garry.

Seems like a lovely area thus far & traffic is slow but moving every morning. All to be expected.
    All in all, a good purchase!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Mellyssa

Title: Buying a house in Elder Heath/Kiltipper Road - Dublin 24
    Hi, we're considering to buy a house in Elder Heath, however we're not familiar with the area as we currently live in Cabinteely. I read mixed opinions regarding this estate and I would appreciate if anyone living in/ surrounding area could share their experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mellyssa

Hi, we're considering to buy a house in Elder Heath, however we're not familiar with the area as we currently live in Cabinteely. I read mixed opinions regarding this estate and I would appreciate if anyone living in/ surrounding area could share their experience.

Mellyssa wrote: »

Hi there, we have been living in EH since January. My partner is from Dun Laoghaire. We both love it, such a nice area, very quiet, lovely people around. No problems at all. The people in the estate have a great sense of community. Genuinely feel its the best decision we have made. If you need anything please PM me etc. Thanks :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭macman2010

mermaid25 wrote: »
    Hi there, we have been living in EH since January. My partner is from Dun Laoghaire. We both love it, such a nice area, very quiet, lovely people around. No problems at all. The people in the estate have a great sense of community. Genuinely feel its the best decision we have made. If you need anything please PM me etc. Thanks :-)

Hi,

I'm really glad to hear u have settled into Elder heath & like the area. I'm currently considering buying & was wondering if u know if they are planning a second entrance to the estate other than kiltipper road?

I live quite near Kiltipper, but was dismayed to see warning signs of a local growth of Japanese Knotweed. It's on the lane, to the right of Elder Heath. There are warning signs for people not to cut or disturb it once it gets near or onto your grounds, it can damage and destroy concrete and walls.

More details here from the irish indo.

Beware folks and look out for any signs of it in the estates. There is a large amount of house building going on in the area and this plant can travel on tractor wheels and spread like hell :(

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭sullivk

I live quite near Kiltipper, but was dismayed to see warning signs of a local growth of Japanese Knotweed. It's on the lane, to the right of Elder Heath. There are warning signs for people not to cut or disturb it once it gets near or onto your grounds, it can damage and destroy concrete and walls.
    Thanks for the warning scousemouse.
    Where on the Lane are the signs? I haven't seen anything driving through that way. Is it up Ballymana lane or is it along the main backroad that comes out at Hazelgrove/Killinarden?

If you come out of the estate onto the "high road" and turn right, follow the windy road (towards killinarden), until you get to a sharp right turn. The sign is there at that junction and another sign next to another big growth if you turn left. There is a lot on traffic on that road and it could easily be dragged up and down.

I have attached a google maps link. It's from 2011, but where you see the big bright green bush, that is where one of the growth is. There is another one on the lane directly behind where this shot was. Horans lane

Click here for map.

Come to think of it, that big bright green bush IS the japanese knotweed

• Registered Users Posts: 4 giochidaria

Hi, we're considering to buy a house in Elder Heath.
    We're not familiar with the area and I actually read mixed opinions regarding this estate. I would appreciate if anyone living at the moment there or in surrounding area could share their experience. thank you

Hi there,
    We live in Elder Heath - we’ve been here for 4 years now and absolutely love it. There is a great sense of community and everyone is very friendly. Great value for money considering the prices of everywhere else! Houses are very well built, spacious, warm and we don’t use the heating from April until October! A really good buy.
    If you need any more information please PM me and I’ll get back to you.

Hi, we're considering to buy a house in Elder Heath.
    We're not familiar with the area and I actually read mixed opinions regarding this estate. I would appreciate if anyone living at the moment there or in surrounding area could share their experience. thank you

I’ve posted above there!

• Advertisement

Hi there,
    We live in Elder Heath - we’ve been here for 4 years now and absolutely love it. There is a great sense of community and everyone is very friendly. Great value for money considering the prices of everywhere else! Houses are very well built, spacious, warm and we don’t use the heating from April until October! A really good buy.
    If you need any more information please PM me and I’ll get back to you.

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. much appreciated. sorry can I ask you what about Elder Park Place? thanks

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. much appreciated. sorry can I ask you what about Elder Park Place? thanks

It’s down the other end of the estate and it’s close to Killinarden and Cushlawn. There would be a few social houses around there to my knowledge. I’d say if you could buy somewhere else in the Estate I would! Are there any other houses available ? I don’t know much so don’t take what I say as Gospel.

It’s down the other end of the estate and it’s close to Killinarden and Cushlawn. There would be a few social houses around there to my knowledge. I’d say if you could buy somewhere else in the Estate I would! Are there any other houses available ? I don’t know much so don’t take what I say as Gospel.

I went for a drive and to be honest I didn't like at all what I have seen. thanks for your advice but I have already changed my mind about Elder Heat.
    thank you

Hi there,
    is possible to know how is the situation in EH Row and Green?
    thank you.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

This is the commuting and transport board, please take questions about area to the relevant area boards.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement