Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Model 3 from dealership - what am I missing here?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

You pay extra to have all the panel gaps sorted for you before buying. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

You can haggle with the dealer...

Also...
    Step 1 buy Tesla Model 3
    Step 2 https://youtu.be/hNTHj3af4PI

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭eagerv

They have probably added the obligatory €2K scrappage allowance...:)

lol If they sold it at a decent price I'd be going in Monday with my i3.

Are they the same Frank Keane as on the Naas Road ?

I wonder how they'll selling a tesla, the previous owner might have got an i3 instead lol

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

lol If they sold it at a decent price I'd be going in Monday with my i3.

Are they the same Frank Keane as on the Naas Road ?

I wonder how they'll selling a tesla, the previous owner might have got an i3 instead lol

Looks like an uk import.

• Advertisement

graememk wrote: »
    Looks like an uk import.

That's even worse because you can get one for around 40K for a 2019 in the UK.

They're mad.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Phil in Electric Autos will have a few of these going forward for the €40k mark.
    He was asking about the appetite for them in the FB Group today. He’s been offered a few already but has been reluctant to take them.

Gumbo wrote: »
    Phil in Electric Autos will have a few of these going forward for the €40k mark.
    He was asking about the appetite for them in the FB Group today. He’s been offered a few already but has been reluctant to take them.

Reluctant, why ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

My long range when I sold it was 1300 below list price but that only had 2000kms on the clock. It did have paint sorted as well! This one is a little cheeky.

krissovo wrote: »
    My long range when I sold it was 1300 below list price but that only had 2000kms on the clock. It did have paint sorted as well! This one is a little cheeky.

It's a fair bit cheeky in fairness if you can get a brand new one cheaper.

Why did you sell it again ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Reluctant, why ?

I can see why, Its a lot to just be sitting in the yard if you dont have the customers. Suppose thats why he put the feelers out for demand.

A low milage M3 for around 40k, puts the m3 in the ball park for some people where 50k it just too much

Reluctant, why ?

I don’t know. Maybe because of the price and how close they were to new pricing.
    His would be 2019 models.

graememk wrote: »
    I can see why, Its a lot to just be sitting in the yard if you dont have the customers. Suppose thats why he put the feelers out for demand.

A low milage M3 for around 40k, puts the m3 in the ball park for some people where 50k it just too much
    Gumbo wrote: »
    I don’t know. Maybe because of the price and how close they were to new pricing.
    His would be 2019 models.

Seems like a no brainer if he could sell them for 40K,

Think about it, a 2019 M3 for 40K vs 40 K for a E-Niro or E-Soul ?

I think he'd be mad not to get in 2nd hand model 3 especially before Brexit finally takes hold.

Seems like a no brainer if he could sell them for 40K,

Think about it, a 2019 M3 for 40K vs 40 K for a E-Niro or E-Soul ?

I think he'd be mad not to get in 2nd hand model 3 especially before Brexit finally takes hold.

That’s what a new have said. They would have consider one at 40k.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

It's a fair bit cheeky in fairness if you can get a brand new one cheaper.

Why did you sell it again ?

I bought it for a regular commute from Cork to Belfast to a customer site and since COVID hit us we are doing fine remotely, I doubt I will ever do that journey again. Since the main use case was gone it did not meet any of the family ones plus we all prefer the I3. The I3 is still more practical for lugging gear & the kids got sick in the back of the M3, not a problem in the I3 with the low window line.

My M3 must have been a late Friday afternoon car, shocking paint and panel gaps, I traded it for the EQC in the end which ticks a lot of the family use case requirements.

krissovo wrote: »
    I bought it for a regular commute from Cork to Belfast to a customer site and since COVID hit us we are doing fine remotely, I doubt I will ever do that journey again. Since the main use case was gone it did not meet any of the family ones plus we all prefer the I3. The I3 is still more practical for lugging gear & the kids got sick in the back of the M3, not a problem in the I3 with the low window line.

My M3 must have been a late Friday afternoon car, shocking paint and panel gaps, I traded it for the EQC in the end which ticks a lot of the family use case requirements.

"EQC" ?

Interesting about the M3 paint and panel gaps, a big fear of mine is bad build quality if I were to go this route.

One reason the m3 interests me especially is the Auto Pilot even if it has it's quirks now I'm confident they will be fixed however, one thing that really bugs me is that it has the hardware for much better auto pilot but disabled so perhaps a 2nd hand model S would be better for me with AP1 but I do want something that eases that long endless commute that I have to endure on the motorway and a Model S 2nd hand might not be possible after Brexit and any 2nd hand Model S left in Ireland might end up at ridiculous prices.

The id.3 and Id.4 can't be got with traffic assist unless you opt for the top spec which pushes them above the m3 SR+ price.

Kona, I don't like and it's small, E-Soul is decent inside and E-Niro is a decent size but all front wheel drive and I'm not sure their lane keep assist is as good as tesla.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Traffic Assist is on the ID.3 Tech spec, it's a listed RRP of €41,795 including the €1,000 delivery charge.

liamog wrote: »
    Traffic Assist is on the ID.3 Tech spec, it's a listed RRP of €41,795 including the €1,000 delivery charge.

Tech spec ? I saw it only on the max ?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Tech spec ? I saw it only on the max ?

They updated the PDF on the vw.ie website, it has the spec and prices for the series models.

You are correct re the Travel Assist on the 1st models, which was only available on the 1st Max.

• Advertisement
Advertisement