Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bet query

• 03-10-2020 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Paddy power special today..de bruyne and bamford to have one or more shot onn target each.. question I have is bamford had shot on target around 70th min keeper saved flag went up for offside but Mike dean waved play on as city in possession and starting an attack...
    Would this be counted as shot or will paddy power void bet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Sofascore has Bamford with 2 SOT & Dr Bruyne with 0 SOT.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

Fitz* wrote: »
    De bruyne hit post early in game with a free kick is that not on target?? Just checked live score and Leeds down as one shot on target.. Must be the goal.. Did edeson not make a save right on half time

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭jimmy86

afro man wrote: »
    De bruyne hit post early in game with a free kick is that not on target?? Just checked live score and Leeds down as one shot on target.. Must be the goal.. Did edeson not make a save right on half time

Hitting the post is not considered a shot on target, unless it goes into the goal after!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

afro man wrote: »

It's a pet peeve of mine in general with football, but hitting the post counts as off target.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,022 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Fitz* wrote: »

I was on this aswell and in all honesty, De Bruyne was the one I thought would catch me.
    The other 2 came in and a blocked shot and the one against the post was as close as he came.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I was also wondering about the Bamford SOT's as he had 2 saved by the goalkeeper but the flag went up for offside for each, the ref waved play on so the free kicks never happened.
    Unfortunately De Bruyne didn't have a SOT so we will never know what way they would have settled it.

Paddy had 2 specials on the shots on target yesterday.
    One in the shops for the "happy hour" special was De Bruyne and Bamford each to have 1 SOT in the match, enhanced from 7/4 to 7/2.
    Online had De Bruyne, Bamford and Sterling each to have a SOT at 4/1.
    I did the shop bet as it seemed to be a no brainer, 1 SOT in 90 mins must be a gimme or so I thought?
    Hitting the post does not count as a SOT, blocked shot by a defender does not count, only shots that are saved by the goalkeeper or a goal.
    Different bookies use different websites to settle and a lot of websites have different results and it's never easy to find a definitive result.
    Was hoping PP Online settled theirs as a winner as that would mean the shop one would be a winner as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

PP used to use whoscored.com for results, not sure who they use now.
    Sofacore has match SOTS as Leeds 7 Man City 2 as does Whoscored.
    Livescores has it as 7-1.

Whoscored has Bamford down as 4 SOT's, 2 on target so guess they would have counted?
    They have De Bruyne as 5 SOT's, 2 off target, 3 blocked. :(.

okidoki987 wrote: »

Whoscored has Bamford down as 4 SOT's, 2 on target so guess they would have counted?
    Cheers all l can throw away the docket now

okidoki987 wrote: »

Cheers all l can throw away the docket now

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Lads done a hefty enough bet on 365 an accumulator and one of the legs was a rugby union league game and it was a draw. It says I have extra time extra chance but it’s a league game so no extra time been played, what happens there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Also don’t know why there advertising that if it’s a league game as obviously no extra time be played also done an accumulator last week and had Australia to beat Argentina and that was a draw and it came up push and got money back but not on this one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,327 ✭✭✭Trampas

catrat12 wrote: »
    Also don’t know why there advertising that if it’s a league game as obviously no extra time be played also done an accumulator last week and had Australia to beat Argentina and that was a draw and it came up push and got money back but not on this one

Maybe you did 2 way result instead of 3

Advertisement