Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Female, LGBTQI+ or People of Colour Mods

1235»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 40,977 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Who ever had the OP chained to a keyboard, and is forcing them to post on this site, please, please....

For the sake of the rest of us....

Release them to run off free.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,424 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

You’re a group of Neanderthal misogynistic homophobic transphobic racist pricks.

Bye .

Thank you for your contribution.

How can you even tell someone's race or sex on here. Surely the beauty of anonymity is that we're all treated the same

• Registered Users Posts: 13,236 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Surely the beauty of anonymity is that we're all treated the same

That's the problem for carerhomeless.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭dvdman1

Finding problems.. where problems dont exist.
    Every blog, institution, business doesnt need to have 50/50 men women 3%lgbtq 5% another minorthy and so on..this is total madness to expect the world to reflect what a minorty wants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,376 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Birneybau wrote: »
    I can't help but think that the o.p. is in no way a retired female. A distinct whiff of troll.

Who was only here for Aldi product recommendations.

And was too busy/old to understand how to use DRP properly.

Yet had the time and the wherewithal to essentially spam Feeedback, Helpdesk and DRP for the guts of a week.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Witcher wrote: »
    Thank you for your contribution.

Oh my god! I love the Witcher!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,834 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

OP is a very, very obvious troll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

I think the problem is that the OP got on the wrong “side” in the ‘JK Rowling TERF’ thread. Any of the, more enduring, posters who went up against the anti-trans “lobby” have been thread banned. I can only assume that the mods are forced to take action once they receive numerous reported posts by a number of different users.

One of these users has since been unbanned but, considering how things are going, I wouldn’t be surprised if they were, unceremoniously, dumped back out due to (un)popular demand. Hell, I, personally, have been “called out” for daring to even thank posts I happen to agree with.

That thread does not welcome “dissenting opinions” and there is a consolidated effort to remove them from the thread. That’s where I see the OP’s “issue” stemming from. Maybe I’m wrong, just how I see it.

The poster who was unbanned was banned from that thread at the same time as me. So your implication of mod bias has no founding. We were then both unbanned after discussions with the mods.

Secondly, dissenting opinions are not unwelcome. What is unwelcome is the Continuous use of the slur of TERF, alongside consistently calling posters transphobic, anti-trans or some variation thereof.

Thirdly, ultimately, objective fact trumps opinion. It is the constant denial of these objective facts that causes so much consternation in the thread that you never contribute to.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

The poster who was unbanned was banned from that thread at the same time as me. So your implication of mod bias has no founding. We were then both unbanned after discussions with the mods.

I never said their was any “mod bias”. I merely pointed out that there appears to be a “concerted effort” to have any pro-trans rights posters removed from the thread.

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement

I never said their was any “mod bias”. I merely pointed out that there appears to be a “concerted effort” to have any pro-trans rights posters removed from the thread.

Is this a similar or different thing to your constant posting about cesspits/sewers in the current affairs feedback thread?

There's very little behaviour in the thread you cite that mods would be getting involved with. And strangely enough you might struggle to make a case that such intervention would be occurring on the side of the debate you seem to suggest.

Be interesting to see where you drew a line between things you disagree with and things people aren't allowed think or shouldn't be allowed post.

Well, interesting/informative,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

Based on what? I think two posters have been banned from that thread on 'the other side' to me, one of whom has been allowed to post again.
    I personally haven't reported any posts that I recall. So I think you are seeing something that doesn't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Be interesting to see where you drew a line between things you disagree with and things people aren't allowed think or shouldn't be allowed post.

Well, interesting/informative,

Some people make a hobby of claiming what's going on in thread's with out every reading or contributing to said threads .

I'd be interested to see who emmet thinks people are trying to remove people from the thread ,

Only mods and higher up have that power

• Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Is this a similar or different thing to your constant posting about cesspits/sewers in the current affairs feedback thread?

I don’t think that I, personally, have called the “Current Affairs” forum a “cesspit” or a “sewer”.

A poster referred to it as ‘the sewer of boards’ in this thread but it wasn’t me.

I have always been a vocal “supporter” of the forum and have, on numerous occasions, praised the mod’s work in there.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Piehead

Can this nonsense now be locked as the wum op has slinked off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I think the problem is that the OP got on the wrong “side” in the ‘JK Rowling TERF’ thread. Any of the, more enduring, posters who went up against the anti-trans “lobby” have been thread banned. I can only assume that the mods are forced to take action once they receive numerous reported posts by a number of different users.

One of these users has since been unbanned but, considering how things are going, I wouldn’t be surprised if they were, unceremoniously, dumped back out due to (un)popular demand. Hell, I, personally, have been “called out” for daring to even thank posts I happen to agree with.

That thread does not welcome “dissenting opinions” and there is a consolidated effort to remove them from the thread. That’s where I see the OP’s “issue” stemming from. Maybe I’m wrong, just how I see it.
    That thread does welcome all opinions, no-one owns it - what isn't welcome is throing out the utterly useless -phobes and -ists and anti-'s with not one actual intent to contribute to the discussion.
    This utter rubbish debating tactic is seen on various threads and is rightly demolished and called out.

It may be the fact that most of the posters remaining are much in agreement that JKR was subject to a malicious, threatening violent campaign and/or that her actual words and opinion were not in any way 'transphobic' or 'anti-trans' or that they may hold closely aligned positions (not always agreeing 100%) on the ramifications of selfID and the consequences on women's rights, but no 'group' of posters control entry or stop anyone hitting the send button. At this stage, all people ask for is others with differing opinions to contribute something resembling a cogent argument and quit the lame, formulaic bad faith posting.

The intent to disrupt (with significantly low value posts) the opportunity that posters have an open conversation (which is moderated) is what is behind it.
    I would hope (and I think I'm right) that mods take a look when posts are reported but do not base their decision on amount of reports - at least I'd hope so otherwise it'd be giving power to organised sets of posters.

I suggest Digital Spy's Politics Forum for any poster that wishes to discuss anything to do with selfID, transgender rights possibly impinging on women's rights or the mere possibility of unintended consequences etc - there you most definitely won't see any counterpoints to the OP's views allowed and definitely no inconvenient ones.
    For sure, nirvana for a very few.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,236 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Rothko wrote: »
    OP is a very, very obvious troll.

Go to the Politics forum, the OP is mild among many long standing posters

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I was both active in the thread but had taken time out from moderation as a result of surgery I underwent yesterday

I did report the OP's final post and now I'm back in a modding capacity that will be dealt with

Other posters have also crossed the line with various "allegations" about the OP. My personal view is the OP was genuine in their concerns, but detached from reality in terms of what was being requested and how the site operates. I will not be acting against those other posters, but please note accusations of trolling and the like should be made via reported posts and not openly even in Feedback threads

I'm closing this up as I really cannot see how this thread can serve any constructive purpose

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement