Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Combat/Trousers

• 30-09-2020 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

Well looking for some cheap combat trousers or any suitable trousers for wearing out shooting.I usually pick up some from pennys but im constantly ripping them.Im not looking for expensive gear as ill wear it hacking around on the tractor or doing a bit of fishing.Just need some comfortable hard wearing trousers that arent made for giants as alot seem to have 33inch leg and im a modest 30inch leg.Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭The pigeon man

Asus1 wrote: »
    Well looking for some cheap combat trousers or any suitable trousers for wearing out shooting.I usually pick up some from pennys but im constantly ripping them.Im not looking for expensive gear as ill wear it hacking around on the tractor or doing a bit of fishing.Just need some comfortable hard wearing trousers that arent made for giants as alot seem to have 33inch leg and im a modest 30inch leg.Cheers.

Have a look at some of the decathlon gear. I have one of their jackets. It's superb and cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Ex German army Bundeswehr combats,in OD green.Cheap,robust and plentiful suppliers online.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Are you that hard up?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Asus1

Are you that hard up?

Maybe i just like a bargain.For the last 3 to 4 year id buy combats out of pennys that cost €20 a pair.I work on sites and they were excellent and hard wearing and id get great wear from them.The last year there gone to the dogs so buy snickers.I like cheap and cheaper for around farm and hunting as i know ill grease them up off digger or old mf35 and ill find some barb wire with my name on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Absolutely try the Decathlon stuff. Don't waist your time traveling to the actual store here as the stuff on the racks is very limited.
    Use the online site. Buy one or two sizes up than you normally need and you'll be okay.
    Just bought another pair off them for rough shooting and general cold / wet weather.

https://www.decathlon.ie/ie_en/inverness-500-waterproof-hunting-trousers-green-en-s6431.html?___SID=U

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Maybe i just like a bargain.For the last 3 to 4 year id buy combats out of pennys that cost €20 a pair.I work on sites and they were excellent and hard wearing and id get great wear from them.The last year there gone to the dogs so buy snickers.I like cheap and cheaper for around farm and hunting as i know ill grease them up off digger or old mf35 and ill find some barb wire with my name on it.

True..... try an army surplus, the combats are quite good and when you rip the bollocks out of them it won't stress you out too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Chiparus

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

Absolutely try the Decathlon stuff. Don't waist your time traveling to the actual store here as the stuff on the racks is very limited.
    Use the online site. Buy one or two sizes up than you normally need and you'll be okay.
    Just bought another pair off them for rough shooting and general cold / wet weather.

https://www.decathlon.ie/ie_en/inverness-500-waterproof-hunting-trousers-green-en-s6431.html?___SID=U

How does their sizing work? Is it french sizing?

viper123 wrote: »

It's at least 1 size smaller than what you may get, so yep weigh off French / European sizing a bit like Deer Hunter stuff.

They arrived today - XL-2XL fits my portly 40'ish inch waist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭J.R.

viper123 wrote: »

https://www.decathlon.ie/ie_en/size-guide/#shoes_homme

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

thanks for that they look like really good value will pick up a pair myself

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kellbag91

Fjallraven trousers are not cheap but they are excellent quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cosieman

Baseball trousers seem to work well i got them on holidays but can be gotten in england too they are made to be resitant to ripping.

Are the leg sized right.Because if im reading it right ill have a 34" leg with my size waist.Im usually a 30 or 31" leg.Shame if they are that long as there are a couple of trousers that look great.

Are the leg sized right.Because if im reading it right ill have a 34" leg with my size waist.Im usually a 30 or 31" leg.Shame if they are that long as there are a couple of trousers that look great.

Ha welcome to my World... the last time I could get a trouser leg to match my waist size was before I could vote or legally drink...

The XL-2XL has a inside leg of approx 32cm. Now if my 29.5 inch leg (and that is literally stretching it) can make do I think your pins will work it.

I've just got through sowing elastic threads through the insides of the cuffs . I'll always wear this type of trousers with boots or wellies so bloused over high boots or tucked into wellies work for me.

Ha welcome to my World... the last time I could get a trouser leg to match my waist size was before I could vote or legally drink...

The XL-2XL has a inside leg of approx 32cm. Now if my 29.5 inch leg (and that is literally stretching it) can make do I think your pins will work it.

I've just got through sowing elastic threads through the insides of the cuffs . I'll always wear this type of trousers with boots or wellies so bloused over high boots or tucked into wellies work for me.

Truth be told I could probably do with a 29 inch leg as well but i make do with the 30/31.Ill probably get a pair and sit down to YouTube and learn to sow.Cant be that hard my 9 year old niece makes clothes for her barbies and that requires her to sow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cathy Lambert

Ha! If you want good quality, don't go to Penny's or H&M just wasting money.
    A bunch of online shops (UK or Ireland) do have budget and nice stuff.

Try Blaklader Garden Range - 40-50Euros

Advertisement