Advertisement
Boards Golf Society are looking for new members for 2022...read about the society and their planned outings here!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

Female, LGBTQI+ or People of Colour Mods

124

Comments



  • Thank you for your contribution.

    Thank you for your contribution.




  • Overheal wrote: »
    Uh yeah, you're a regular Rachel Dolezal

    My secret is out I'm a trans/former I'm an Autobot trapped in the wrong bot .


    Is there a special club ?




  • Thank you for your contribution.
    Do you know, that repeated inanity was reminding me of something -
    It is my pleasure to open for you...

    Zark off.

    ...and my satisfaction to close again with the knowledge of a job well done.

    I said zark off.

    Thank you for listening to this message.




  • Beasty wrote: »
    I have dedicated a lot of time to this site over that 10+ years. I've got a lot out of it as well. I've been told I'm "brain dead", apparently I'm a leftie, as well as a "rightie" (although I would challenge anyone to work out what my political leanings are based on what I have posted on this site). I've been threatened with physical violence. People have tried to doxx me (although I've never tried to hide my real identity) in the hope they can stir things for me elsewhere. I've even had to deal with posters who claim to be close to the Dublin gangland scene.

    The Beast.

    Thank you for your contribution.




  • Is there any Female, LGBTQI+ (Outside that forum) or People of Colour Mods?
    The tone of the men creates a hostile environment and they all seem to back each other up. Allowing new registered posters free reign on using the word ‘retard’ and the vilest objectification of women. Is boards the place diversity left behind? I bring this up as I feel it’s a very intimidating place because of the toxic masculinity on display.

    My apologies being late to the party so to speak.

    You have no idea who is or identifies as what - other than your own bias.

    You have also called on mods here for their personal details - even where it is forbidden by law to request any such details under Discrimination legislation.

    Tbh - I'd suggest you are making it up or having a laugh - though its hard to tell. If not may I suggest you restrict your Comfort level to "talking about Aldi products" as you've outlined in your posts and block all those you bizarrely perceive as misogynists, sexists and racists from coming to your attention. Just a suggestion.

    No need to thank me btw


  • Advertisement


  • Gatling wrote: »
    My secret is out I'm a trans/former I'm an Autobot trapped in the wrong bot .


    Is there a special club ?

    Funny enough, I believe that kinda happened to ultra magnus. He received a position of authority he wasn't capable of delivering.




  • OK guys, this is for feedback. I know the odd attempt at humour does not go amiss in some of these threads, but let's not allow that sort of thing to take over this thread




  • Beasty wrote: »
    OK guys, this is for feedback. I know the odd attempt at humour does not go amiss in some of these threads, but let's not allow that sort of thing to take over this thread

    Yes we know it’s humour when one gang do it but if I try humour it’s called trolling.

    That’s because you’re all cut from the same cloth and any diverse thought opinion is not welcome.




  • That's a bit of a leap of logic.

    Have you anything to back that up, or is this like your previous posts where you think that things are true because you say them?

    You've very ignorantly dismissed my comments for example - I'm not sure what that says about your real interest in diverse opinions? You do seem interested in hearing only what you want to hear




  • Yes we know it’s humour when one gang do it but if I try humour it’s called trolling.

    That’s because you’re all cut from the same cloth and any diverse thought opinion is not welcome.

    As has been already highlighted - everyone on this site (beyond organisations having verified representative status and full time staff) are entitled to their anonymity. It would be a breach of GDPR for us to "profile" mods based on what is Personally Identifiable Information.

    Do you want to turn it into a full time business for moderators (a business that has very little income to pay us)? Such a change, even if viable, would in my view completely destroy the site. How many full time moderators do you think the site could afford? 1?, maybe 2? How much diversity would that bring? Is that what you want?

    We currently have around 400 mods across the site. Based on posts (and indeed personally knowing some), I would surmise there are male mods, female mods, trans mods, gay mods, Irish mods, non-Irish mods, even "old" mods (The only ones I can properly vouch for are the last two....)


  • Advertisement


  • That’s because you’re all cut from the same cloth and any diverse thought opinion is not welcome.

    You have given no indication that you want diversity of thought.




  • Beasty wrote: »
    As has been already highlighted - everyone on this site (beyond organisations having verified representative status and full time staff) are entitled to their anonymity. It would be a breach of GDPR for us to "profile" mods based on what is Personally Identifiable Information.

    Do you want to turn it into a full time business for moderators (a business that has very little income to pay us)? Such a change, even if viable, would in my view completely destroy the site. How many full time moderators do you think the site could afford? 1?, maybe 2? How much diversity would that bring? Is that what you want?

    We currently have around 400 mods across the site. Based on posts (and indeed personally knowing some), I would surmise there are male mods, female mods, trans mods, gay mods, Irish mods, non-Irish mods, even "old" mods (The only ones I can properly vouch for are the last two....)

    Who mentioned GDPR.

    When I asked had you diverse mods it was rhetorical because of the bile on here it’s clear you don’t.

    It’s not welcoming to the people I mentioned so why would there be any mods.




  • Who mentioned GDPR.

    When I asked had you diverse mods it was rhetorical because of the bike on here it’s clear you don’t.

    It’s not welcoming to the people I mentioned so why would there be any mods.

    I mentioned it as did another poster. What you are requesting cannot be achieved (in any verifiable manner) on the site under its current structure because of GDPR. The only viable way to circumvent that would be to employ paid staff to moderate and I'm saying that would almost certainly kill the site altogether. Is that what you want?




  • cdeb wrote: »
    That's a bit of a leap of logic.

    Have you anything to back that up, or is this like your previous posts where you think that things are true because you say them?

    You've very ignorantly dismissed my comments for example - I'm not sure what that says about your real interest in diverse opinions? You do seem interested in hearing only what you want to hear

    I think the problem is that the OP got on the wrong “side” in the ‘JK Rowling TERF’ thread. Any of the, more enduring, posters who went up against the anti-trans “lobby” have been thread banned. I can only assume that the mods are forced to take action once they receive numerous reported posts by a number of different users.

    One of these users has since been unbanned but, considering how things are going, I wouldn’t be surprised if they were, unceremoniously, dumped back out due to (un)popular demand. Hell, I, personally, have been “called out” for daring to even thank posts I happen to agree with.

    That thread does not welcome “dissenting opinions” and there is a consolidated effort to remove them from the thread. That’s where I see the OP’s “issue” stemming from. Maybe I’m wrong, just how I see it.

    He/him/his

    “When you're used to privilege, equality feels like oppression”.

    #bekind





  • Who mentioned GDPR.

    When I asked had you diverse mods it was rhetorical because of the bile on here it’s clear you don’t.

    It’s not welcoming to the people I mentioned so why would there be any mods.

    Just to clarify

    You, whose personal characteristics we are not privy to, can speak on behalf of all races, genders and creeds

    Your complaint is that only members of specific classes are able to adequately do so


    Which is it




  • I think the problem is that the OP got on the wrong “side” in the ‘JK Rowling TERF’ thread. Any of the, more enduring, posters who went up against the anti-trans “lobby” have been thread banned. I can only assume that the mods are forced to take action once they receive numerous reported posts by a number of different users.

    One of these users has since been unbanned but, considering how things are going, I wouldn’t be surprised if they were, unceremoniously, dumped back out due to (un)popular demand. Hell, I, personally, have been “called out” for daring to even thank posts I happen to agree with.

    That thread does not welcome “dissenting opinions” and there is a consolidated effort to remove them from the thread. That’s where I see the OP’s “issue” stemming from. Maybe I’m wrong, just how I see it.

    It's that last line, yes

    Scurrilous mischaracterisation of that thread tbh, quotation marks nonsense aside




  • So to get banned . . .

    using transphobic terms relentlessly won’t do it.

    Using retard won’t do it.

    How racist does one have to go? Black face memes won’t do it.

    Anti-traveller sentiment free pass.

    Transphobia has a free pass

    I’ve got it, hurt the insecure men’s feelings.

    You’re a group of Neanderthal misogynistic homophobic transphobic racist pricks.

    Bye .




  • Well that escalated quickly......




  • Well that escalated quickly......

    Rude!




  • So to get banned . . .

    using transphobic terms relentlessly won’t do it.

    Using retard won’t do it.

    How racist does one have to go? Black face memes won’t do it.

    Anti-traveller sentiment free pass.

    Transphobia has a free pass

    I’ve got it, hurt the insecure men’s feelings.

    You’re a group of Neanderthal misogynistic homophobic transphobic racist pricks.

    Bye .

    🀣


  • Advertisement


  • Bye .
    Thank fuck for that.




  • You’re a group of Neanderthal misogynistic homophobic transphobic racist pricks.

    Bye.

    That surely is worthy at least of a nomination for a best virtual door slaming and melodrama category Boards Award :pac:




  • I think the problem is that the OP got on the wrong “side” in the ‘JK Rowling TERF’ thread. Any of the, more enduring, posters who went up against the anti-trans “lobby” have been thread banned. I can only assume that the mods are forced to take action once they receive numerous reported posts by a number of different users.

    One of these users has since been unbanned but, considering how things are going, I wouldn’t be surprised if they were, unceremoniously, dumped back out due to (un)popular demand. Hell, I, personally, have been “called out” for daring to even thank posts I happen to agree with.

    That thread does not welcome “dissenting opinions” and there is a consolidated effort to remove them from the thread. That’s where I see the OP’s “issue” stemming from. Maybe I’m wrong, just how I see it.

    The action a moderator may take on a reported post, does not always tend to be aligned to the comments of the report submitted, nor does it mean the mod agrees with everyone who has reported it.

    I haven't read that thread much, mainly because it looks like something that can get messy quite easily and its a discussion that'll keep looping. People getting caught up that kind of thing can easily find themselves being reprimanded, regardless of their opinion, but mainly becuase of how they are either expressing it or how they are frustratingly interacting with others.

    I find when you watch out for dog sh!t, you're less likely to step in it. I take that approach here for the most part too. If others did it, thered be much less bickering along the lines of the OP here and feedback would be more constructive.




  • Is there any Female, LGBTQI+ (Outside that forum) or People of Colour Mods?
    Yes.




  • Where were you earlier? You would have saved 8 pages of this :p




  • Out of curiosity, Can you relate to being female, LGBTQTIA+ or being a person of colour?

    Out of curiosity, Can you relate to *not* being female, LGBTQTIA+ or being a person of colour?




  • Who mentioned GDPR.

    When I asked had you diverse mods it was rhetorical because of the bile on here it’s clear you don’t.

    It’s not welcoming to the people I mentioned so why would there be any mods.

    I have a good idea that I actually worked with one of the mods in a previous job, just from general stuff they have posted in different forums on here.
    I haven't broached the possibility of this with them by pm for a number of reasons, the main one being that it doesn't matter if I do or not in terms of their and my interaction with the site.

    Your guessing incorrectly, that people on your list aren't mods because they don't immediately ban someone whose posts you don't like or shut down a thread that you don't like.
    No good sites work like this, but outright dicks and trolls don't tend to last long before their threads are closed and they are banned, try to rereg and are banned again, and that includes those that consistently act the dick from what I've seen.

    There are three ways of dealing with people disagreeing with your position on anything imo.

    If you were wrong in anything admit it and move on.
    Call out any bullsh1t they post with a good counter argument, which can in a few cases be just one word.
    Put them on ignore.

    I haven't put anyone on my ignore list for two reasons. First off it can be amusing to see them make a fool of themselves, and I don't mean with silly things like spelling or grammar. Secondly most people who put someone on their ignore list, at least from what I've seen reading different threads, are usually doing so when another poster can successfully counter their argument and call out any bullsh1t they post, but they can't do the same.




  • DubInMeath wrote: »
    I have a good idea that I actually worked with one of the mods in a previous job, just from general stuff they have posted in different forums on here matching up to stuff mentioned from conversions with them when we worked together.
    I haven't broached the possibility of this with them by pm for a number of reasons, the main one being that it doesn't matter if I do or not in terms of their and my interaction with the site.

    Your guessing incorrectly, that people on your list aren't mods because they don't immediately ban someone whose posts you don't like or shut down a thread that you don't like.
    No good sites work like this, but outright dicks and trolls don't tend to last long before their threads are closed and they are banned, try to rereg and are banned again, and that includes those that consistently act the dick from what I've seen.

    There are three ways of dealing with people disagreeing with your position on anything imo.

    If you were wrong in anything admit it and move on.
    Call out any bullsh1t they post with a good counter argument, which can in a few cases be just one word.
    Put them on ignore.

    I haven't put anyone on my ignore list for two reasons. First off it can be amusing to see them make a fool of themselves, and I don't mean with silly things like spelling or grammar. Secondly most people who put someone on their ignore list, at least from what I've seen reading different threads, are usually doing so when another poster can successfully counter their argument and call out any bullsh1t they post, but they can't do the same.

    I'd agree. But you're leaving out the thread muggers. Many of the same get away with repeated behaviour as they tend to hit and run. Funnily enough many such instances like the above use male / misogynist/ sexist / racist type rants These are simply thread wreckers and tend to inhabit the lower levels ...




  • I can't help but think that the o.p. is in no way a retired female. A distinct whiff of troll.


  • Advertisement


  • I can't thank an All Lives Matter contribution. Asking for equality doesn't make me a racist.

    You're not asking for equality, though. You're asking for preferential treatment based on a person's race/creed/religion/sexual orientation. That is, quite literally, the dictionary definition of discrimination and should be treated with disdain.


This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement