Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Iron Mask (Jackie Chan and Arnold Schwarzenegger)

• 13-02-2020 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭

If this doesn't lead to Schwarzenegger as Hamlet, I don't kow what can!

in case ye're wondering.. trailer for Schwarzenegger as Hamlet from Last Action Hero:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

So this is... no, wait, isn't... a spoof?
    What the hell was that about?! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I don't know.. It has the feel of a film CHOC full of Arnie one-liners!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭bnt

New trailer:

I’m having some trouble imagining who the audience will be.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 14,811 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Would love to have been in the room when this was cobbled together.

John: "I seen Man in the Iron Mask last night, good movie. We should rip it off"

Jim "I agree, how can we cater it to a wider audience though. A French Renaissance movie will be a hard sell?"

John: "Well the Marvel movies have been huge"

Jim: "I agree, we'll put in people with Superpowers"

John: "What about if we stick in some dragons to get Asian people to watch it?"

Jim: "Great Idea, I'll get Jackie Chan on the phone and we'll set the movie on the island from Mortal Kombat. Those Asians won't be able to resist!"

John: "We need an action movie star to play the bad guy"

Jim: "{First name that comes to his head} Arnie would be perfect!"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

2 thoughts on that

I reckon Arnold is in this film for all of 5 minutes

This looks like a film made as a tax write off.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Never mind Arnie and Chan. What on earth is charles dance doing in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I have a feeling what see in the trailer is all there is of Arnie and Jackie in the movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Did anyone notice the title - From the Producers of Machete Kills?

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So after googling it, seems the original name for it is
    Viy 2: Journey to China
    A sequel to Viy, believe it or not. :)

And it's already available as it released in the UK back in April and China last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

It's also out on the Microsoft Films and TV store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Arnie with 9 minutes of screen time, with supposedly 3 of those actually a body double taking care of the action segments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Arnie with 9 minutes of screen time, with supposedly 3 of those actually a body double taking care of the action segments.
    He's 73 years old. There's only so much you can expect of him. Still, feels like a con to put him to front and centre on the promo material.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So after googling it, seems the original name for it is
    Viy 2: Journey to China
    A sequel to Viy, believe it or not. :)

So is this the reverse situation of when a Holywood movies puts a famous Chinese actor on screen for five minutes, in order to attract Chinese movie-goers?
    (e.g. Iron Man 3 had an extra scene that was only shown in China IIRC).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

So is this the reverse situation of when a Holywood movies puts a famous Chinese actor on screen for five minutes, in order to attract Chinese movie-goers?
    (e.g. Iron Man 3 had an extra scene that was only shown in China IIRC).

Isn't the Jackie Chan side of it as much his stunt team doing the stunts as having Jackie Chan himself?

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,725 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Mark Kermode reviewed this months ago, and IIRC confirmed the lead character is neither Chan nor Arnie, both being glorified cameos present merely as marketing bumps - which the trailer totally backs up given they all seem to be knocking around the same scene. The film otherwise a bit of a hot mess. Kermode also noting it was meant to be a 3D film, as it's full of THINGS FLYING AT YOU.

Advertisement