Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

F1 2020 :Round 10 Russian GP Sochi (See MOD note on post4)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭This is it

Delighted for LeClerc, dragging that car through the race and grabbing a few points

• Registered Users Posts: 14,608 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Bottas now has the same number of race wins (9) as Max. He matches another famous number 2 driver Mark Webber. Still someway behind the greats, Massa & Barrichello (11) and Coulthard (13). Another year in the best formula 1 car ever and he might catch up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

There's the 3 KGB lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Vic_08 wrote: »
    There's the 3 KGB lads.

Was just thinking that they looked pretty ominous with the suits and masks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Indestructable

What are you watching?
    Having even gone to ad break yet on SKY F1

They cut away on Sky Main Event

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Ferrari clearly just given up on this car, only adding updates created by the work experience lads/gals back at the factory.

All focus on the 2022 car, or at least you hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭McFly85

Another good weekend for AlphaTauri too with both drivers in the points.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

What are you watching?
    Having even gone to ad break yet on SKY F1

Must have been on main event

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Still a meh race but a bit more incident than a usual Russian GP at least

• Registered Users Posts: 11,105 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Lewis thinks FIA are out to get him and stop him winning races

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭weekaizer

Burkie1203 wrote: »

Yeah yeah. Another excuse to ‘rise above it all’.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

The "man" has been against Hamilton since the start, the guy with 6 World titles and 90 wins

• Registered Users Posts: 11,105 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

toto making a tit of himself there. "lewis penalised harshly"

the penalties are the same ones others get for the same offences.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

What did Bottas say? My son turned it off at the chequered flag!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

antodeco wrote: »
    What did Bottas say? My son turned it off at the chequered flag!

"To my critics, to whom it may concern - f**k you"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,768 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I've heard a rumour they won't distinguish between Michael and Mick Schumacher in the hope that Lewis won't stay top of the GP wins when he gets there.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I've heard a rumour they won't distinguish between Michael and Mick Schumacher in the hope that Lewis won't stay top of the GP wins when he gets there.

I've also heard they've got 4 arses and are terrified of stamps

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭RunningFlyer

Completely agree re the professionalism of Ricciardo on the radio on learning his penalty vs. Hamilton.

Also, did anyone else notice that after parking in the paddock and getting weighed, Hamilton took items from the no.1 podium stall before entering the garage? Bottas was standing behind him I guess thinking 'WTF?' and appeared to slam the gloves on the stall when Hamilton finally moved off. It's stuff like that that highlights the arrogance sometimes in why he might be disliked (similar to grabbing the 1st place trophy off the podium a few weeks ago).

In terms of the race itself, I thought it was probably the most boring so far this season.

EDIT: just wanted to add I'm not trying to Hamilton-bash here, in case anyone thinks Im trying! Just don't think he is doing himself any favours with how he (re)acts when things don't go his way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭weisses

Cool_CM wrote: »
    "To my critics, to whom it may concern - f**k you"

Driving the best car the least couple of years.... Only 9 wins, being critical of him is justified ... This is the second time he spouted this nonsense, He didn't get any better after the first time

• Registered Users Posts: 14,608 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

The 2 penalty points for Hamilton have been removed and replaced with a €25k fine for the team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

skipper_G wrote: »
    The 2 penalty points for Hamilton have been removed and replaced with a €25k fine for the team

Ouch. They will feel that.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Tzardine wrote: »
    Ouch. They will feel that.

:rolleyes:

In a way its a shame as if he incurred 1 more point before mid Nov he was banned for a race, would have perhaps gone some way to potentially opening up the WDC.

If I was Hamilton I would be pissed at my team if they had not properly briefed me on the rules, which given he asked Bono the question before doing the test starts implies they dropped the ball!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,906 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

skipper_G wrote: »

Yeah they were talking about that on BBC 5 live and how close Hamilton is to 12 points and a race ban. They're not trivial rule breaks either. But they made the point that it's not good for the champion to be banned so they'll make sure he isn't banned if they can do it... And they have done it.

Inquitus wrote: »
    In a way its a shame as if he incurred 1 more point before mid Nov he was banned for a race, would have perhaps gone some way to potentially opening up the WDC.

If I was Hamilton I would be pissed at my team if they had not properly briefed me on the rules, which given he asked Bono the question before doing the test starts implies they dropped the ball!

This came up a few years ago in an interview with Hamilton and Vettel. Hamilton said about how he always gets penalties like the one where he crosses the pit exit line and for a penalty but he didn't know about that rule.
    Vettel said "Yeah but it was in the drivers briefing that we all got".
    Hamilton "what? You sit down and read the whole briefing?"
    Vettel "of course, don't you?

I really don't see Hamilton as a details guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

weekaizer wrote: »
    Yeah yeah. Another excuse to ‘rise above it all’.

Of course, he thinks he's the reincarnation of Senna

Been driving the most dominant car in the history of the sport for the best part of a decade and believes his own hype

I'm sure he is making a camparison to 1989

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Nice to see "the Twitch gang" going wheel to wheel for real.
    https://twitter.com/F1/status/1310299111049003018?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 15,524 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Well apart from the beginning that was the most boring race of the season so far. Thankfully Hamilton hot penaultys or it would have been even more boring. Disapointed that Renault and Riccardo did not get a podium. That was probably there best chance. Verstappen done great. Was the best driver all weekend and he really deserved to win the race but 2nd is good

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I see Hamilton was quick to play the victim card with "they are trying to stop me". no Lewis, you just broke the rules. Anytime he's got a penalty this season it's been perfectly justifiable for the rule he broke. Ricciardo was a perfect example today, admitted he made a mistake, apologies to the team and just gets on with the race

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

This came up a few years ago in an interview with Hamilton and Vettel. Hamilton said about how he always gets penalties like the one where he crosses the pit exit line and for a penalty but he didn't know about that rule.
    Vettel said "Yeah but it was in the drivers briefing that we all got".
    Hamilton "what? You sit down and read the whole briefing?"
    Vettel "of course, don't you?

I really don't see Hamilton as a details guy.

What I couldn't believe was that Hamilton somehow didn't know he'd have to serve the penalty at his pit stop rather than it being added on at the end. If I, and presumably most other people watching the race know that, then surely you'd expect a driver to know that too?

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    What I couldn't believe was that Hamilton somehow didn't know he'd have to serve the penalty at his pit stop rather than it being added on at the end. If I, and presumably most other people watching the race know that, then surely you'd expect a driver to know that too?

Yeah that's just motivated reasoning. People are prone to it. For such a talented and high performing guy, he's really not very smart.

Advertisement