Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ballinascorney

• 20-09-2020 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Hi. Considering joining here. Looking for a club closer to home that I can get out on and bring my game on. Planning on trying to get a game in the next few weeks but wondering if any members on here that can give some input?

Wondering if the weekend rounds are very busy (playing 18 on a 9 hole course.... Will that be a 5hr plus round) and is it easy to get early morning slots? Also what's the winter condition like?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ryder

presume no-one is a member here, which tells its own story

Have looked at stackstown as well and pavillion membership or 5 day at the castle. anyone know what the castle is like midweek - easy to get out, practice facilities etc? Is Pavillion there worth joining for someone who will play mostly midweek and wants to bring their game on?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,981 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Good bit of info on Ballinascorney on gogolfing.ie here.

Nine hole course with a decently varied go round for the second nine. According to that website has only 148 members, so would likely be pretty easy to get out on. Probably worth having a test run as the green fees are very cheap at €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ryder

Thanks. Have played it and it's nice enough. Members very friendly. Seems like a good club to join for a couple of years but I'd say it would be easy enough to get bored there. Just wanted to get some other opinions before signing up and finding then it's impossible to play etc

Advertisement