Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

F1 2020 :Round 10 Russian GP Sochi (See MOD note on post4)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭McFly85

Another disaster for Ferrari, and Hamilton should have just enough time to get to Q3, which is a shame, Hamilton starting in the bottom 10 would make tomorrow much more interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Can't understand why Hamilton didn't go straight to pit when the red flag came out. He was driving slowly but passes the pit entry.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

lot of traffic for HAM to get through first

Big queue in the pit lane with no restart time. Hamilton in big trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

This could be interesting, not sure they'll all have time to get around and start the lap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

ah balls

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Hamilton made it by a fraction of a second, the bastard...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I think gee hair is the technical term.

Soft tyre start for Hamilton then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Shut the fuck up David Croft. I'm just dreading his fawning for next year's Daesh Lite GP.

• Advertisement

Hamilton had 1.25 seconds to spare before the red flag. He judged it well, to be fair. Made 4th in Q2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Joeface

Ah pity it was Q2 , that's what final qual needed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Well, that's it for this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Hamilton had 1.25 seconds to spare before the red flag. He judged it well, to be fair. Made 4th in Q2.

Pure luck. Listen to the concern in his engineers voice. He’s looking at the numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭McFly85

Glad I watched qualifying, probably more excitement today than tomorrow.

Ah ffs, Hamilton on pole again. Verstappen second!

HAM
    VER
    BOT
    PER
    RIC

Ahahahaha Bottas beaten by Verstappen. How?! That guy does not deserve that seat. Max delivered, Hamilton delivered. Bottas did not

Great job from Perez in P4, in the car without the upgrades. While next season's line-up weren't even in the session

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Joeface

Good laps form Max and Perez at the death.

Did I see that correctly Perez had a poor second and third sector and still got 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

skipper_G wrote: »
    Ahahahaha Bottas beaten by Verstappen. How?! That guy does not deserve that seat. Max delivered, Hamilton delivered. Bottas did not

Bottas is shockingly slow. Always has been.

But Mercedes don’t want their golden boy challenged so he’ll keep his seat.

• Advertisement

Hamilton has been called to the stewards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,409 ✭✭✭Harika

Bottas is shockingly slow. Always has been.

But Mercedes don’t want their golden boy challenged so he’ll keep his seat.

They learned from the Rosberg feud, entertainment for us, nightmare for the company with the risk of losing everything . Bottas still second in wdc? All well done so

• Registered Users Posts: 19,921 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Hamilton complaining about starting on pole tomorrow.
    "It was one of the worst qualifying sessions - it was horrible!

"Heart in your mouth the whole way. I got the time taken away, which is the first time I've gone wide there the whole weekend. I wanted to stay out and do another lap just to get a banker but they said 'come in, get new tyres' and then the red flag came out. It was a real risk once we got out on that next tyre at the end.

"Ultimately I'm starting on the soft tyre which is not good. It's nice being on pole, but here it's probably the worst place to be on pole with the draggier cars this year. So undoubtedly I'm most likely going to get dragged past tomorrow. Both the cars I'm racing against are both on the medium tomorrow so it's definitely going to make it hard to win the race.

"Nonetheless I'm going to stay positive, try and figure out how I'm going to navigate my way through, get a good start or whatever it may be, and we'll see."

He's starting on pile and on soft tyres but somehow seems to think he's at a disadvantage getting to the first corner against the guys starting on mediums. He's having to write his own story arch to make the race seem exciting so tomorrow he can say that "against all the odds, in the fastest car, starting from the front against guys starting on slower tyres he somehow managed to muscle the car into first after the first corner. What a hero"

And, to be fair, if he is first after the first corner then he'll just scarper away and win the race no bother. Even if he is overtaken into the first corner, he'll be on the soft tyre so he'll only take a few laps to get past. Can't really blame him for wanting to seem like the big hero, but it's pretty transparent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,119 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

If true is a slam dunk penalty surely? Kimi was it got pinged for similar to this recently?

"Lewis Hamilton qualified in pole position for this Sunday's race at the Sochi Racetrack. But the Briton could be penalized. The Mercedes driver, who is looking to match Michael Schumacher's 91 Formula 1 record during the Russian Grand Prix, did not return to the track correctly after escaping on turn 2"

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    If true is a slam dunk penalty surely? Kimi was it got pinged for similar to this recently?

"Lewis Hamilton qualified in pole position for this Sunday's race at the Sochi Racetrack. But the Briton could be penalized. The Mercedes driver, who is looking to match Michael Schumacher's 91 Formula 1 record during the Russian Grand Prix, did not return to the track correctly after escaping on turn 2"

No further action https://www.racefans.net/2020/09/26/no-penalty-for-hamilton-grosjean-magnussen-or-latifi/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,119 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 13,790 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

skipper_G wrote: »

He got some air off a kerb on a corner, didn't he?

He delivers what Mercedes and Hamilton require, unfortunately. Talks the talk but invariably tows the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Hamilton complaining about starting on pole tomorrow.

He's starting on pile and on soft tyres but somehow seems to think he's at a disadvantage getting to the first corner against the guys starting on mediums. He's having to write his own story arch to make the race seem exciting so tomorrow he can say that "against all the odds, in the fastest car, starting from the front against guys starting on slower tyres he somehow managed to muscle the car into first after the first corner. What a hero"

And, to be fair, if he is first after the first corner then he'll just scarper away and win the race no bother. Even if he is overtaken into the first corner, he'll be on the soft tyre so he'll only take a few laps to get past. Can't really blame him for wanting to seem like the big hero, but it's pretty transparent.

Even when he wins, it will be one of the toughest races of his life because he had to manage the tires...that is what F1 is now at the front, you are fight rubber, not cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

https://twitter.com/FIA_F2/status/1309920421358252032

The best thing about F1 this season is F2, and seeing Mick Schumacher get better and better. Serious contender for the title now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,799 ✭✭✭✭flazio

If you get a chance, watch Channel 4 highlights. They're based in Red Bull HQ this weekend and are making the most of it. Best highlights programme from them in a long time.

Advertisement