Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadetships 2020

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Borderland

Anyone know why we’re not allowed to bring our cars? Travelling from Donegal and wouldn’t make sense for someone to bring me down and have to come for me every time when I have my own car and license.

It’s because you / we haven’t earned that privilege yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 DannyMac23

Anyone know why we’re not allowed to bring our cars? Travelling from Donegal and wouldn’t make sense for someone to bring me down and have to come for me every time when I have my own car and license.[

I think in Stage 2 ( after Christmas) we are allowed to have them down there , and I highly doubt we’ll be getting home before Christmas anyways so it’ll be one trip up and down until then. especially because of Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭TheWarChicken

Just for anyone still waiting on a response, I was notified today that I was put on the sub list, as well as my position on that list. That and that I have to self isolate from the 5th onwards in case I'm sent an offer, so I can go up on the 19th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Bobbyb123

Anyone know what sort of casual clothing we’re allowed bring? They specify formal civilian wear but nothing about jeans, hoodies etc. Left up to us?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MountainGoat23

Bobbyb123 wrote: »
    Anyone know what sort of casual clothing were allowed bring? They specific formal civilian wear but nothing about jeans, hoodies etc. Left up to us?

I was wondering the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 DannyMac23

I was wondering the same.

I’d say a hoodie or two for the evenings in the barracks and a pair of trackies or two , and maybe a going out top and jeans just in case we’re let out to Newbridge one of the evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

You'll be in suits in Newbridge if you're out a few hours at the weekend during your first phase. It'll be about a year before you get a sniff of a few free hours of an evening. Don't worry much about civilian clothes, you won't be wearing them much in the evenings so trackies or whatever if you get to wear them is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Townton

Anyone know what sort of casual clothing we’re allowed bring? They specify formal civilian wear but nothing about jeans, hoodies etc. Left up to us?

Haha jeans, casual will be chinos and a shirt at the very least, maybe a jacket and tie thrown in depending on the situation. Even then it will be a while before you get dress down to that level.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Carnmore

Can I ask what the motivation to join the RDF is - public service, steeping stone to PDF, hobby et al?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Borderland

Carnmore wrote: »
    Can I ask what the motivation to join the RDF is - public service, steeping stone to PDF, hobby et al?

Can be all of the above

• Advertisement

Christ I’ll never fit all the gear in a gear bag. Suitcase it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 josh1010st

Christ I’ll never fit all the gear in a gear bag. Suitcase it is?

Definitely need a suitcase, I just about fit everything in one and a small backpack, lads do ye think we need our laptops for notes or anything?

josh1010st wrote: »
    Definitely need a suitcase, I just about fit everything in one and a small backpack, lads do ye think we need our laptops for notes or anything?

Yeah 100% especially with shoes and towels. Yeah I’m definitely going to bring the laptop anyway for notes and Any free time

• Registered Users Posts: 5 blake4717

Did anyone get a navy cadets reply? I only recieved rejection from the army cadets

Advertisement