Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa Presents (Wrapped or Unwrapped)

• 24-09-2020 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

So came across a query yesterday on FB where someone was asking do they wrap or unwrap the Santa presents for their children.

I know growing up for me it was always unwrapped, but a fair majority said they wrapped them - for the surprise element.

So what's it like for you, was it always wrapped or unwrapped for you growing up or do you do the wrapped or unwrapped presentation with your own families.

Santa Presents (Wrapped or Unwrapped) 1 vote

Wrapped
    100% 1 vote
    Unwrapped
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Always unwrapped for me

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Unwrapped for me. We each got a cushion on the couch that was designated to each one of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Black bags, boxes and sometimes the fancier bags depending.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭screamer

Oh, wrapped definitely, and each with a sticker for the names of the kids. It might be a pain to wrap them all, but it’s the element of surprise and the anticipation on their faces that make it worth the effort. I know we’re all different but Christmas for me wouldn’t be the same without wrapped presents under the tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

Absolutely always wrapped! As a kid I didn't open presents until after dinner and we usually had dinner about 5 so the day always seemed longer in a good way. Now I wrap all Santa presents but they're opened first thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Unwrapped sorted by area with the Christmas stocking on top of the pile!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,132 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Always wrapped in my house. Even in photos of other families I've seen the presents were always wrapped.
    I was honestly amazed to find out that people's Santa presents weren't wrapped.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

wrapped for fun

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭NSAman

Wrapped, the Hermes bag never looks good thrown on the floor..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,895 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

All the things under the tree wrapped. The bits and bobs in the stocking unwrapped.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement

If you can't be arsed wrapping presents for your kids then you might as well just leave a few All4One vouchers and an open Argos catalogue under the tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,097 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Unwrapped for us growing up & we do the same for our two too. Each have their own little pile, just as we did as kids.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Subscribers Posts: 40,927 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

We wrapped our kids one year (including a bicycle!)

It was worth it for that year, but not enough to make it a habit. Nice change from the norm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Depends on the size. If possible/practical to wrap then is.

Santa presents opened first thing as soon as they wake up, all other presents after dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Ours was always unwrapped and anything that needed assembling was already assembled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Always unwrapped and left in little bundles.

Will be doing the same for our little boy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,962 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Growing up in a household with 5 kids, Santa's presents were never wrapped. We each had a space on the sofa that was ours. Family presents were wrapped under the tree. I have fond memories, Santa's presents in the morning, family presents after dinner and a Christmas movie in the evening. I know I'll be trying to instigate that with my little one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Always unwrapped and assembled
    I have no brothers or sister so no need to put into bundles

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I don't think mine were wrapped, but I'm not 100% sure, to be honest! The old memory is not what it was. :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    I don't think mine were wrapped, but I'm not 100% sure, to be honest! :pac:

I’m beginning to think you’re not actually 22. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It's hard to remember 10 years ago! >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Wrapped when we were growing up. In different wrapping paper too to the gifts from the Parents. Santa's writing was my Dad disguising his own.

We did the same here with the Kids. Everything wrapped both from Santa and us.
    No Santa this year - too old !

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

SusanC10 wrote: »
    No Santa this year - too old !

Never too old! You have to believe to receive

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Presents from us - wrapped
    Presents from Santa - unwrapped

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭now online

Unfortunately we've no Santa this year. A few years ago I was running behind in the wrapping so instead of risking finishing them I put the unwrapped at the end of their Santa sacks and I wrapped the sitting room door! They still talk about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Santa presents are unwrapped but assembled.

Presents from us are wrapped under the tree.

That’s how we had it as kids and I’m carrying it on.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,052 ✭✭✭✭beertons

For me, Santa pressies were never wrapped. That way, you could tell what you got from him, and your parents. Herself wraps everything. Cue a few close calls later when talking to the kids. I knew you'd like that. What ya mean, Santa got me that.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

For me growing up everything was wrapped, for my husband it was unwrapped. With our children we wrap everything and my husband thinks it's better that way too, more exciting not knowing what's there and seeing their faces when they open each one.
    Also would never pre assemble anything, the fun of Christmas day is putting it all together, eating selection boxes and watching movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭screamer

Could we put a poll on this be interesting to see the result

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Wrapped in our house, 3 kids so 3 different styles of wrapping paper made it easy to see who's was who's. Also meant ye had surprise after surprise and hoping was one of them was what you asked for. Only exception to this were bikes

Advertisement