Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kick Problem

• 24-09-2020 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I run into a problem all the time...
    I make a kick..either thru layer of samples...or synthesize

When you are tryna get it right...
    Should you listen SOLELY on the monitors or a combination of headphones AND monitors?

'cause they both sound different...
    Sometimes it sounds good through the monitors...then I put on the head phones...it just sounds ok...
    the headphones, show up minor artifacts...

i dunno...

tx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Hi there,
    I run into a problem all the time...
    I make a kick..either thru layer of samples...or synthesize

When you are tryna get it right...
    Should you listen SOLELY on the monitors or a combination of headphones AND monitors?

'cause they both sound different...
    Sometimes it sounds good through the monitors...then I put on the head phones...it just sounds ok...
    the headphones, show up minor artifacts...

i dunno...

tx

Both for me but monitors dictate the final product. Headphones vary too much while ifnit sounds good on monitors it tends to translate better across the other devices

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sephsleft06

Solid advice, good to know I'm not alone )

• Registered Users Posts: 24 auplant

You definitely need both of you're mixing down a kick, I have this problem too. I can't here the low frequencies that clearly on my monitors. I need to use headphones so I can hear the truth in "pump", you also need headphones so you can hear if it sounds too dry...

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sephsleft06

thx

Advertisement