Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Neighbour unhappy with parked car

• 09-09-2020 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

We live in a mid terrace house with on street parking in the city. Outside the house is space for 1 car so we park the second down the road a bit.

This car is parked approx. 4m from the closest entrance. The owner of that entrance complains the car blocks their view coming in and out. The closest other space is a lot further away and we already park as far from the entrance as we can.

Am I being unreasonable for digging in on parking there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,871 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

If its taxed and insured you can park anywhere on a public road. The neighbour is being unreasonable, but people think they own the parking space outside their home even though its a public road. Just ignore them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Once your not within 5m from the junction and not on yellow lines you're fine

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

If your car is impeding his view then you have a duty to move it.

Your situation is not his problem! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

SHANAbert wrote: »
    We live in a mid terrace house with on street parking in the city. Outside the house is space for 1 car so we park the second down the road a bit.

This car is parked approx. 4m from the closest entrance. The owner of that entrance complains the car blocks their view coming in and out. The closest other space is a lot further away and we already park as far from the entrance as we can.

Am I being unreasonable for digging in on parking there?
    Nothing they can do about it as long as you don't block their driveway. Public road. You can park where you like as long you are 5m from a junction.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Jonybgud

Once your not within 5m from the junction ............. you're fine
    ............... as long you are 5m from a junction.

Just interested as to where the 5m comes from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

Jonybgud wrote: »
    Just interested as to where the 5m comes from?

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/1997/si/182/made/en/print

Section 36

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Ah the time old tradition of people living in close proximity disagreeing on something.

Your cat is pooping in my garden, your kid is playing outside my house your music is too loud, there is always going to be opinions and disagreements when people living in close quarters particularly if one person is living somewhere a long time, gives them a sense of righteousness

I would say the person the OP is dealing with would be complaining about something anyway. then again we don't know what the view is actually like

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Ah the time old tradition of people living in close proximity disagreeing on something.

Your cat is pooping in my garden, your kid is playing outside my house your music is too loud, there is always going to be opinions and disagreements when people living in close quarters particularly if one person is living somewhere a long time, gives them a sense of righteousness

I would say the person the OP is dealing with would be complaining about something anyway. then again we don't know what the view is actually like

id class it as an opportunity of respect

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    id class it as an opportunity of respect

I would agree but then that's our personal opinion

Advertisement