Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Why are the far left so pro lockdown ?

• 20-09-2020 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

This must be the first issue ever that Paul Murphy, Dick Boyd Barrett & co have supported the government on, indeed a lot of the so called far right who protest lockdown would have been past voters for the AAA-PBP.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Because they've been programmed to act in lockstep with the forces of control.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Because the left is pro-science.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

It's not that they are left wing so much as Irish...we really hate people who don't toe the line regardless of how pointless that line is!!!!

In the case of the far left in Ireland, I'd imagine just like the far right they are just as thick skulled!!!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thread moved from Current Affairs

And also programmed to smear anyone who speaks against them as irrational...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

This must be the first issue ever that Paul Murphy, Dick Boyd Barrett & co have supported the government on, indeed a lot of the so called far right who protest lockdown would have been past voters for the AAA-PBP.

You'll find support for lockdown from the left and the right. It's not really a political issue. Some think it's necessary, others don't, I don't think it has much to do left wing or right wing views. Why do people constantly feel the need to make everything left or right?

Is there science behind the mask requirement...there wasn't 6 months ago?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭macpaccrack

I mean left wing generally means that they are more caring. They want everyone to have healthcare, education etc. even if it means paying more tax. They want to give others in struggling situations the opportunity to excel so they support things like immigration, equality etc. In that regard they would be against putting our elderly people in harms way because people want to have their pints.

Right wing would be much more self involving in their outlook. They don't want to pay taxes to help others with education and health and believe that it is up to the individual to get themselves in a position where they can afford their own healthcare and education. They like the status quo and don't want to see equality and detest immigration because they see it as less opportunities and resources for them. In that regard they don't care if elderly are at risk because thats life and they shouldn't have to suffer and miss their pints to save lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,383 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Because those scroungers will not have to pay for it. To be paid to sit at home to do nothing is their idea of utopia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

It was there, just slow approach here.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭CiarraiManc

Morality and facts have a left wing bias.

Why are the psychotics so pro open up, is it due to following online grifters religiously?

I mean left wing generally means that they are more caring. They want everyone to have healthcare, education etc. even if it means paying more tax. They want to give others in struggling situations the opportunity to excel so they support things like immigration, equality etc. In that regard they would be against putting our elderly people in harms way because people want to have their pints.

Right wing would be much more self involving in their outlook. They don't want to pay taxes to help others with education and health and believe that it is up to the individual to get themselves in a position where they can afford their own healthcare and education. They like the status quo and don't want to see equality and detest immigration because they see it as less opportunities and resources for them. In that regard they don't care if elderly are at risk because thats life and they shouldn't have to suffer and miss their pints to save lives.

No, the left want to spend/waste other people’s hard earned money for their own ends

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

You should tell the healthcare workers that have been wearing them for decades that they are no good.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,944 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

What's not to understand about the far left being pro-society whereas far right is pro-individuality?

xhomelezz wrote: »
    It was there, just slow approach here.

So why haven't we been using masks to protect people from all the other viruses that kill people every year?

What was different about the Covid virus?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Meathman12

There weren't any masks available 6.months ago, so why would any organisation suggest their use? Instead it was recommended that people keep a distance away.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    You should tell the healthcare workers that have been wearing them for decades that they are no good.

I have a pack of masks in front of me that says "NOT FOR MEDICAL USE" on it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

road_high wrote: »
    No, the left want to spend/waste other people’s hard earned money for their own ends

Oh god, you definitely have a problem to identify your left and right hand. Anyway feel free to post your nonsense agenda over all covid threads. Won't make a difference in the end :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Not sure that there are too many people left who are pro lockdown in practice. From what I can see, most people are saying one thing and doing another thing. Very much a case of rules are for thee and not for me.

• Advertisement

So why haven't we been using masks to protect people from all the other viruses that kill people every year?

What was different about the Covid virus?

Some do.
    When I was looking after my mother who had emphysema, I was working in a medical I.T. position, and used to wear a mask around her when home and had a cold for example.

So health workers always wear masks to protect themselves during the annual flu season...thanks, I never knew that!!!

xhomelezz wrote: »
    Oh god, you definitely have a problem to identify your left and right hand. Anyway feel free to post your nonsense agenda over all covid threads. Won't make a difference in the end :D

Yes I’ll always speak my mind- another concept the Lazy left struggle with of course.
    As we’ve seen with anything they disagree with their first port of call id always censorship

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

So health workers always wear masks to protect themselves during the annual flu season...thanks, I never knew that!!!

Oh, you are one of those that compares covid to the annual flu. That's me done responding.

Meathman12 wrote: »
    There weren't any masks available 6.months ago, so why would any organisation suggest their use? Instead it was recommended that people keep a distance away.

The same pack in front of me that says NOT FOR MEDICAL USE has a manufacturing date of May 2020 on the back.

road_high wrote: »
    Yes I’ll always speak my mind- another concept the Lazy left struggle with of course.

Don't think people struggle with it, certainly gives me a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Notmything

It means that for the first time ever their supporters are doing something for the community by staying at home and not going out to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Essentially it's because the otherside are anti-lockdown. They were pretty quiet early on. They just wanted to see which side everything pans out on.

I think as well they feel that financial armageddon is to their benefit. That when everybody loses their jobs and government have to make cuts, it is their time to shine.

What they are not seeing is that it is normal business owners that are getting killed and its the Jeff Bezos of this world that are gaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Meathman12

How many people commenting on masks and ppe knew what a mask was 9 months ago? Or knew the difference between a respirator and a mask or knew what ffp3, kn95 or n95 meant.
    Hopefully people realise that industry has used respiratory protection equipment for years.

• Advertisement

Oh, you are one of those that compares covid to the annual flu. That's me done responding.

You were the one who said health workers have been wearing masks for their protection for decades...

I'm actually pro mask, if it helps even just a little it is worth it, if it allays people's fear it is worth it...but lets not kid ourselves...there is no science behind it!!!

Advertisement