Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 3 Transfers - EvertIN

• 19-09-2020 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭

Going to be a lot of transfers in for DCL, Ricarlison and HamRod (or whatever he got christened) among other Everton players.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

James David Rodríguez Rubio is very tempting alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Invincible

Ings can only get better, but DCL incoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Ricky is probably going to be a better season long option...if your going for an Everton striker that is...James Rod looks good, but happy with my midfield at the mo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Possibly Ings to Richarlison/Jimenez and Johnstone to an inanimate carbon rod.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,766 ✭✭✭✭CSF

People saw DCL having his leg iced after the game right? I’m planning to wait a week to bring him in anyway. Not because of that, but it doesn’t suit my team to do it yet anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Johnstone out.

Someone in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Johnstone out - what was I thinking! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

anyone who's name is a combination of John Stone(s) was only asking for trouble :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

My plan was to get KDB in for Auba and the captain him v Leicester (H) GW3 and Leeds (a) GW4.

But having seen West Ham, WBA and Leeds I feel Jiminez is irresistible with those 3 defences as his next 3 fixtures. Werner against WBA in GW3 and Salah against Villa GW4 are decent captain options. Don't know how I'll get back to KDB then..

There are so many options my mind is melting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Mitchell. Think I’ve found my yearly 4.0 “stick him in and leave”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Bruno to Jamrod and Soucek to Klik for a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

siblers wrote: »
    Bruno to Jamrod and Soucek to Klik for a hit.

So let's get this right - your brought in Bruno for 1 GW, and now selling him to chase Jamrod points, and your taking a -4 for it?

United were bad today, but it was their first game of the season, and the ref screwed them over not giving them a penalty for a foul on Pogba. If Bruno takes it and scores - would you be selling him?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Jasna1982

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Mitchell. Think I’ve found my yearly 4.0 “stick him in and leave”.

Benched him twice. Not doing that again

Use my Tesla referral link for free charging credits: https://www.tesla.com/referral/jasna121868

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Feel like selling martial after that, I don't think United will have a great season

• Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Ace2007 wrote: »
    So let's get this right - your brought in Bruno for 1 GW, and now selling him to chase Jamrod points, and your taking a -4 for it?

United were bad today, but it was their first game of the season, and the ref screwed them over not giving them a penalty for a foul on Pogba. If Bruno takes it and scores - would you be selling him?

I dunno what I'm doing to be honest, I probably won't do the above but Utd were awful today and I can't depend on him to be scoring penalties every week

Every player that I feel like I should have I don't currently own and I also feel like I'm playing catch up after only two gameweeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Cough cough.... Everton play palace next week.... has 1-1 written all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

siblers wrote: »
    I dunno what I'm doing to be honest, I probably won't do the above but Utd were awful today and I can't depend on him to be scoring penalties every week

Every player that I feel like I should have I don't currently own and I also feel like I'm playing catch up after only two gameweeks

If I was to give you one piece of advice, it would be to do nothing tonight. Go to bed, get a good sleep and have a look at your team tomorrow.

We all feel our teams need changing straight after one of our players fails or a non-owned player hauls. It’s best not to let that cloud your judgement.

As for catchup after 2 GWs, you have 36 weeks left. One captain haul probably recoups any deficit you currently have.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭COH

Auba/Son/Ings > JamRod/DCL/KDB worth a -4?

Son plays Newcastle next, and Ings has Burnley while Everton place a decent looking Palace side. Feels a bit like chasing this weeks points but leaving it a few days will probably see a huge value swing (0.3 tonight alone).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,222 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Farewell PEA
    Welcome back to my team KDB

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Just_Magic

Auba out for JRod here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Wilson out, Bamford in

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

A few thoughts and concerns I have with 2 FT and 0.5 ITB:

- Would Soucek be too much of a luxury as a 5th mid? Considering finding a way to upgrade Reed to Podence.

- Will need to downgrade Davies potentially with Regulion too. Will likely look at another 4.5 or under

- Have McCarthy (+KWP) and Johnstone as keepers. Unless I need 0.5 downgrade then I'm probably stuck with them til WC

- Auba @ 12 is too much for a guy who will accumulate points but be supremely frustrating as a captaincy option. KDB (or Sterling) seems much better for 0.5 less

- Mitro. Dude is gonna be a head wreck but can't sell before Villa after 2 goals today. Although DCL could be almost 7.5 in another 10 days time?

- Curious to see what Son does tomorrow, could become Rodriguez and unleash funds

Not all necessarily pressing, but if Everton assets are desirable then they'll be much cheaper this week, even if I don't particularly fancy them against Palace!

Need to see how the rest of the GW pans out first though

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

If Podence shows me anything Monday he's in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

A good point was made earlier... anyone with Fulham, Leeds and WBA in 2 of their next 3 matches needs serious consideration.

Yes I missed the trick on Everton today, but I think I’ll be honing in on their fixtures until they look to settle in defence.

On the other side, Aubameyang is too much of a luxury with Liverpool, City & Utd in next 5. I’ll be shipping him out & I think I’m going to go with Raz Sterling. While KdB is probably the season keeper, I always like owning Sterling & more inclined to captain over DeBruyne.

I’ve a lot of other problems with Kane , Werner & Ward Prowse so I think a 3 transfer -4 will be done, maybe a -8 at a stretch

• Registered Users Posts: 32,766 ✭✭✭✭CSF

First impulse is probably Auba and Pereira to KDB/Sterling (whichever one gives me a better audition on Monday) and Podence.

Lovely freekick by Pereira today but he does not convince me at all in terms of his general threat and West Brom are genuinely awful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Weird game week so far I might hold
    my nerve for another week if I can but it’s difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

COH wrote: »
    Auba/Son/Ings > JamRod/DCL/KDB worth a -4?

Son plays Newcastle next, and Ings has Burnley while Everton place a decent looking Palace side. Feels a bit like chasing this weeks points but leaving it a few days will probably see a huge value swing (0.3 tonight alone).

Likely doing something similar.

Doing Auba to James tonight since James is rising and wait to see how Son, and them City do before deciding to move him or move a forward for Jesus.

Predictor sites aren't sure was there a reset with the City players so gw1 transfers aren't counting so will likely have some time there before they rise (hopefully)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

It's quite interesting that less than 24 hours ago, people where brining in United players and plans around brining them in and now there are suddenly a no-go - with some people having brought in assets looking to get rid of them already, yet City haven't played and people are assuming that they will start off the season on fire.

What are folk going to do in KdB/Sterling/Jesus don't light up on Monday night? Wolves away isn't exactly a game where you expect them too either.

I too think Auba is too expensive for a player that your not comfortable captaining every week - Laca be a better option into the Arsenal team, and frees up an important midfield spot. Interested to see how spurs get on tomorrow - Kane/Son may be auditioning to stay in my team another week.

Johnstone is getting a little bit of a raw deal I feel - while he did concede 5 goals, 3 of them where when they were down to 10 men, and I also think he got screwed out of save points...

I don't hate my current team, but I think this season there are just going to be too many options and some weeks are going to be rough.
    Tomorrow for instance Maddison or Barnes could post double digit scores and look good for Leicester and suddenly they become viable options at 7m,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Sticking to the pre season plan of Auba out for Kdb/Sterling depending on who looks sharp v Wolves.

May also bring in one Everton player, Richarlison looked the one to be on long term to me today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Auba out for KDB /Sterling was always happening. But looking at klich seriously now. He's a good cheap asset and I think he'll be better than ASM. So may do him as well, I love Rodriguez but he is so prone to injury. Dcl serving me fine at the moment. But if spurs as poor this week will change mind.

It's either Auba, ASM > sterling/kdb, klich
    Or Auba, son, > sterling/kdb, Rodriguez.

Two free transfers and happy enough with everything else so far. I have a few other fires to put out but if I can nail next week's two free, I can work on the others as weeks go by. Then wildcard when it does go tits up. As I don't think DCL form will last at all personally but I'm not selling a man in form..

Advertisement