Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Game Night

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Jason Bateman is in it, so no surprise it looks ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 84,808 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It has quite ensemble cast of tv stars in Sharon Horgan, Lamorne Morris, Chelsea Peretti, Jesse Plemons and Kyle Chandler, I'm sold

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I enjoyed this - it had a nice steady pace and I was never bored. I do think the trailers gave away some of the best jokes though (although that's hardly a surprise these days).

Jesse Plemons stole the show in any scene he was in.

Some clever camera work really stood out in this (the egg escape scene is very well done).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

Not believeable but funny. Cast is very good. I laughed at the jokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I thought it was good fun. Turn off your brain and laugh away. Definitely better to avoid too many trailers though.

Also, some Irish representation in there with Sharon Horgan, which is nice and she does a really good job.

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Thoroughly enjoyable and the cast all seem to be having a great time, can't remember the last time Rachel McAdams had this much fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Totally stupid and gets progressively stupider as it goes along but it is really entertaining and the chemistry between all the actors is great.

Just wish the rest of the movie was as good as the opening 20 minutes and it could've been a classic.

Still well worth a watch if you like Jason Bateman doing what he does best, or silly comedies in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,375 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

This is abysmal. Worst film I've seen in a very very long time. Didn't laugh once. Terrible terrible terrible movie.

It's up there with the hangover part three in terms of how big a turkey it is.

Did I say terrible?

1/10

• Registered Users Posts: 34 JJ59

Funniest film I have seen in a long time Can't remember when I heard an audience laugh so much, clearly enjoying themselves as I was. I had not seen any trailers so had no idea of what was coming next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Really enjoyed this tonight, Rachel McAdams is great in this and looks amazing :) definitely a good fun movie to go watch and enjoy yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Fúcking shít film....Should be able to reclaim the entrance cost for shít like this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

For the first half hour or so this was really good but then it just fell apart and got progressively worse. Last 20 mins were unbelievably awful, descended into a caper movie that went nowhere. Dont waste your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Bill Magnussen was a stand out in this, as was Jesse Plemons. Good, mindless fun, though I was expecting
    it to be like "The Game" where, the whole thing was a set up. The fact that it wasn't sort of makes it more run of the mill, as I was looking forward to some detailed explanation on how the brother pulled it all off.

Agreed, the egg chase scene was very well done, I was really looking for the edits.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Enjoyable but got more tedious as it went on. I'm glad to see Sharon Horgan wasn't short changed in her role like I thought she would be. The dim wit who invited her to Game Night, how would he keep getting invited back? Ha.

It would have been more fun if they didn't go so OTT in the gangster plot, with
    henchman getting sucked into jet engines and Dexter wanting to cut open Kyle Chandler's guts to get a piece of paper. I mean come on.
    And as much of a shame that they go down that route, what I found worse was the wanting to have a baby storyline. Zzzzzzzzzz.

Meth Damon was funny in it and plays his part brilliantly. Will Jason Bateman ever not be that guy in films?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I saw it tonight, and I thought it was very funny

EDIT LOL I confused this with Game Over Man, post deleted!

It's on RTE 1 tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 17,375 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It's on RTE 1 tonight

Do yourself a favour and see what’s on RTE2.

Do yourself a favour and see what’s on RTE2.

I liked Game Night, very underrated imho

Star Wars Rogue I wouldn't rewatch :o

This was a pretty decent comedy effort imo

• Advertisement
Advertisement