Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

XBox Game Pass Cloud Streaming

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

i actually just checked there myself, the streaming app is now offline so i imagine they will just update the gamepass app soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

Yeah I was in the beta and it wasnt live when I tested the app and the gamepass app this morning.

Hopefully sorted later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭ondafly

Got it working - its actually the app called Xbox Game Pass (Beta) with a white icon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Gamepass app has updated now for me, cloud section is there

Just played a bit of Minecraft Dungeons with the onscreen controls over 4g, worked brilliantly tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

maximoose wrote: »
    Gamepass app has updated now for me, cloud section is there

Just played a bit of Minecraft Dungeons with the onscreen controls over 4g, worked brilliantly tbh

weird still not there for me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

i had to go in into the play store and start the update manually

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Tried it out there with an Xbox controller paired to my OnePlus 7 Pro hooked up to a USB-C monitor, works pretty well. Resolution not the best now but it was definitely playable.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

Ok just got resi 7 going with my razer kishi and its quite frankly gamechanging.

Who even needs an xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

Me and my brother share game pass ultimate. It's on his account but my Xbox is his home so we both have it.
    I'm guessing he'll be the only one able to use Xbox cloud service?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

honda boi wrote: »
    Me and my brother share game pass ultimate. It's on his account but my Xbox is his home so we both have it.
    I'm guessing he'll be the only one able to use Xbox cloud service?

Yeah, you're right. The Game streaming is only for the account that actually has Game Pass Ultimate - I've seen a few people on reddit with the same question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Wikidy

I tried it on wifi, 2.4ghz. Forza was a bit choppy. I know they recommend 5ghz. Will probably try over 4G tomorrow. I had to manually update the Gamepass app to get access.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Alkers

Wikidy wrote: »
    I tried it on wifi, 2.4ghz. Forza was a bit choppy. I know they recommend 5ghz. Will probably try over 4G tomorrow. I had to manually update the Gamepass app to get access.

Was this your phone or your Xbox on 5ghz? Does it stream from your own Xbox at home or not?

I've only tried it at home and it was extremely laggy, we've 100meg download and 20up

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Wikidy

It was my phone on 2.4ghz wifi network. I've streamed locally from my Xbox to my laptop before. That works well, although the xbox has a wired powerline connection to the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Played it on my tv last night on my Nvidea Shield it was flawless, mind you it was on a wired connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I wouldn't have the best internet wifi speeds at all ( 20-30 mbps ) but I was playing a couple of hours of Gears 1 last night and I was amazed. Runs choppy for the first 30 seconds or so but absolutely flawless after that. Its blown PS now out of the water for me personally. Even running on a wired connection its always been a laggy, horrible experience. Hats off to Microsoft on this one.

Played a bit of Minecraft Dungeons with touch controls on the phone... They work surprisingly well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭Treppen

Tried Minecraft too and pretty good. Over 500mb... But translates to 50mb over WiFi.

But i hate Minecraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I played a few hours of state of decay over last few days using a dual shock 4. Works great, it's a game that doesn't require precise movements like Forza or a fighting game. Very impressed with the tech. I think it'll really shine if/when they put it on the console so you can try a game before committing to installing it or playing the first level/tutorial while the game downloads.

Edit: playing over wifi with around 300mb down

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

More news on this, specifically that it's coming to iOS and PC in spring next year. The iOS workaround seems to be to make it browser based, meaning that they don't have to go through Apples ridiculous certification.

Some other news in here too, mainly about usage figures for Game Pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

CatInABox wrote: »
    More news on this, specifically that it's coming to iOS and PC in spring next year. The iOS workaround seems to be to make it browser based, meaning that they don't have to go through Apples ridiculous certification.

Some other news in here too, mainly about usage figures for Game Pass.

If you spot any preview program for PC, will you let us know Cat? :)

• Advertisement

This has popped up again in news over the weekend!

https://www.theverge.com/2021/2/27/22304762/microsoft-xcloud-app-windows-xbox-touch-controls-gyro-support

Hopefully a public beta is in the offing for PC soon :)

So, did anyone get in to the iOS beta yet? Looks like they say it'll start small and they'll invite more time goes on...

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/04/19/xbox-cloud-gaming-windows-pc-and-apple-limited-beta/

Just got the invite for PC beta. EDIT: It's for both iOS and PC
    TEST CLOUD GAMING
    ON XBOX.COM

Be among the first to try Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta) on Xbox.com with your Apple mobile device or Windows 10 PC.

Through this limited invite Beta, you’ll be able to play over 100+ console games through your web browser.

Your participation and feedback can help shape the future of Cloud Gaming.

TO PARTICIPATE:

Visit Xbox.com/Play and log in with your Xbox profile

Pair your controller to your Apple mobile device or Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth or USB

Play a console game and please provide feedback

GET STARTED ❯
    SUPPORT HUB ❯
    No additional registration or sign-up required to participate. This is a limited technical test and open to selected Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members only.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Enfilade wrote: »
    Just got the invite for PC beta.

Same here. Had a game of Enter the Gungeon, and the audio was pretty rough. Early days on it though, very exciting. It's also a webapp, so I've already "installed" it on my taskbar, this is going to be incredibly handy for when my kids demand to watch Paw Patrol.

Best of luck!
    Hope I get an invite!
    I downloaded the beta app for Win 10, but as I'm not in the preview, I can only stream from console.
    The cool thing about that is, if your Series X is off, you can stream from it, without it appearing to come on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Buttros

I got the invite too but it doesn't seem to work. Was just going to load it to see the games available. Will give it a proper try this evening.

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Best of luck!
    Hope I get an invite!
    I downloaded the beta app for Win 10, but as I'm not in the preview, I can only stream from console.
    The cool thing about that is, if your Series X is off, you can stream from it, without it appearing to come on :)
    Wait, do you mean you can currently stream from your xbox even without the new game pass app? What app do I need exactly?

I thought this was taken away with the series x, I had presumed because it was going to be part of xcloud streaming. Really missing streaming to my pc, especially when working from home (for quick breaks of course!)

Mr Grumble wrote: »
    Wait, do you mean you can currently stream from your xbox even without the new game pass app? What app do I need exactly?

I thought this was taken away with the series x, I had presumed because it was going to be part of xcloud streaming. Really missing streaming to my pc, especially when working from home (for quick breaks of course!)

Yeah, there's a preview app out there and the below video shows how to get the installer from the MS store site.
    Just follow the instructions, very simple.
    Once you're in the app, there's xcloud streaming side is the same as visiting xbox.com/play on a browser. You won't be able to play, unless you have an invite. But there's also a console streaming side, that'll connect to your Series X to stream, like the old xbox app used to do for xbox one's :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,320 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Got my invite yesterday. I have a work laptop that's locked down when it comes to installing stuff so this is brilliant for me. Was able to start RE:7, play through the first two hours will no problems or noticable lag and then continue on my Xbox in the evening.

It's incredible tech.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭mossie

Got my invite yesterday. I have a work laptop that's locked down when it comes to installing stuff so this is brilliant for me. Was able to start RE:7, play through the first two hours will no problems or noticable lag and then continue on my Xbox in the evening.

It's incredible tech.

I tried it out on my laptop last night. Worked very well to be fair.

Advertisement