Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a good WiFi speed on mobile (virgin media)

• 16-09-2020 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

I know I only get 20-30mbps on my partners sky WiFi.

Not sure what ethernet connection speed is I have no laptop or pc set up here. But would that result be considered good?

What are you getting on your device at the moment?

[IMG][/img]Screenshot-20200916-122049.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭dam099

pudzey101 wrote: »
    I know I only get 20-30mbps on my partners sky WiFi.

Not sure what ethernet connection speed is I have no laptop or pc set up here. But would that result be considered good?

What are you getting on your device at the moment?

Presume that is using the Virgin supplied router?

You download looks reasonable, the upload is fine if you are on the 250Mb package (which has only 25Mb upload), if not the upload probably should be better.

Your packet loss is very high though, may be a fault somewhere. I'd test again in case it was a glitch but if its similar you might want it looked at.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

dam099 wrote: »
    Presume that is using the Virgin supplied router?

You download looks reasonable, the upload is fine if you are on the 250Mb package (which has only 25Mb upload), if not the upload probably should be better.

Your packet loss is very high though, may be a fault somewhere. I'd test again in case it was a glitch but if its similar you might want it looked at.

Yes dam, not technology advanced so what exactly is packet loss mean or do😂 I don't 3 more tests there all coming in very similar to the picture above. And thank you for explaining to me.

I haven't a clue what packet loss or jitter is but this seems to be better. Currenty there's an iPhone connected to that network backing up and another device using the wifi

[IMG][/img]Screenshot-20200916-125454.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You should be sub 1%, more like 0.1% normally. But the Virgin gear is trash so if it's not impacting your actual use don't worry about it.

ED E wrote: »
    You should be sub 1%, more like 0.1% normally. But the Virgin gear is trash so if it's not impacting your actual use don't worry about it.

What's sub 1% haha I'm useless at this stuff. What speed judging from this would I get on ethernet. I don't actually need the wifi that quick anything 20-40mbps does me.

Wonder is it worth ringing virgin and downgrading my speed for cheaper service??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

There is no lower package.

Just forget about it unless you're actually seeing drops/buffering.

Advertisement