Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NFL Fantasy League

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Irish94

Green&Red wrote: »
    Same, ended up going WR/TE/WR
    Green&Red - Wouldn't let me comment on the trade. I'm gonna probably regret it but I'll stick with Rodgers. Surely he has a chip on his shoulder with the whole Love situation? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

CSF wrote: »
    I had 1 indecisive moment where I missed a pick and got gifted a kicker earlier than I would have liked

Its a very lumpy site, on two occasions I ended up drafting the wrong player , hence looking for the trade with you Irish!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭Shedite27

The 30 seconds went very fast when you were on the clock but glad we weren't at it all night. Once you're through the first 5/6 rounds you're into subs really so no point in chugging through those positions. Ended up going WR/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR - ended up with 6 WR's and 2 TE's.

Looking forward to getting Sunday night NFL back next week.

Green&Red wrote: »
    Its a very lumpy site, on two occasions I ended up drafting the wrong player , hence looking for the trade with you Irish!
    Yeah I had a shortlist setup, but had intended it just to be a watchlist more than who I actually wanted to trade, hence got 2 TE's in back to back rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

Draft recaps are now out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,805 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Are they accurate? I’m after getting given an A and a 12-2 projection which seems outrageous considering this is my first year playing fantasy.

Do they give generic As to everyone?

Usually are accurate enough however this year there a bit mad, i got a B- for a 7-7 season and in another league im in a guy got a B- for a 2-12 season so wouldnt pay too much heed to it this season

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I would pay little heed to them, the winner of fantasy NFL is usually the one who makes the shrewdest waiver pick ups.

In saying that I got an A+ and a 12-2 record so hopefully it’s spot on!

markc91 wrote: »
    Usually are accurate enough however this year there a bit mad, i got a B- for a 7-7 season and in another league im in a guy got a B- for a 2-12 season so wouldnt pay too much heed to it this season
    I'm gonna hazard a guess and say mine was heavily based on getting McCaffrey at number 1. There were a number of things I'd probably have done differently if I was to do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Well I got a D+ and a 0-14 projection. Although last year, the person in the league I entered with the worst projection ended up winning it so.....

Was 10th pick of twelve so a lot of the premium RBs and WRs (and Chiefs) were already gobbled up, and a lot of the lads in my league are anoraks compared to myself as a first-timer.

I think I am happy enough with my selection though as in the main I went for teams I think will have good seasons, coupled with a few proven campaigners:

QBs: Wilson, (Tannenhill)
    RBs: Mack, Murray (Coleman, Edmonds (Ari))
    WRs: Gallup, Brown (Bal) (Jones (Det))
    TEs: Fent (Den) (Randolph, Graham)
    W/R: Samuel (Car)-WR
    K: Lutz
    Def: Colts

Given that the system has entirely written me off, I will be happy with 3 wins :D

• Advertisement

All paid up now aswell - 14 teams so €280 prize fund.

At the end of the season the top 4 go to the Championship playoff, next 4 go to Consolation Playoffs. Will we leave the winner of the consolation playoff get their money back at least, or more?

Something like:
    Championship Winner - €180
    Championship Runner Up - €80
    Consolation Winner - €20

Shedite27 wrote: »

At the end of the season the top 4 go to the Championship playoff, next 4 go to Consolation Playoffs. Will we leave the winner of the consolation playoff get their money back at least, or more?

Something like:
    Consolation Winner - €20
    I'm easy but I'm running a 12 team league and have 6 teams making the playoffs and planning to pay out 1st,2nd and 3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Dymo

CSF wrote: »
    Are they accurate? I’m after getting given an A and a 12-2 projection which seems outrageous considering this is my first year playing fantasy.

Do they give generic As to everyone?

They judge that ranking by their selection preference when you are about to draft, the less you go with their preference the lower your ranking will be.

A person that has done research and picks people on their own estimation of performance won't get a good score.

In theory it should be an indication but in reality, not really.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

The description was nonsense if that’s anything to go by, they said I concentrated on RBs - first three picks were Wr/TE/WR. Next four were RBs

With 14 there’ll be a lot less upside from the waivers. I’m in a 10 player league and you could easily switch up 5/6 players each week

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Something like:
    Consolation Winner - €20

That'd give 5-8 something to play for, so fine by me. But not too pushed either way as long as the top 2 make most of the profit

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Didn't want to create a new thread here so just gonna hijack this one (sorry!)

Have it posted in the NFL board:

Running a Last Man Standing for the NFL, €10 in with one lifeline.

PM me if interested and I'll send you on the whatsapp group link.

Picks and money (Revoult/PayPal) must be in by before the kick of of the team you choose.

just shy of €200 pot at the moment

I appear to have won a game, mostly thanks to Ryan and Ridley, and Engram having a poor game last night. But there seems to be an awful lot to keep your eye on

I appear to have won a game, mostly thanks to Ryan and Ridley, and Engram having a poor game last night. But there seems to be an awful lot to keep your eye on

Yeah 1-0 also

I ran into an absolute buzz saw, scored the third most points in the league but still lost comfortably

Some big scores this week!

• Advertisement

ScummyMan wrote: »
    I ran into an absolute buzz saw, scored the third most points in the league but still lost comfortably

What players were you up against?

What players were you up against?

Wilson, Hopkins and Kamara did a lot of the heavy lifting, most of his team contributed well though so no complaints

Just incase anyone doesn't look at the feed on the app. I mistakenly dropped dj chark from my team when I meant to drop him on the bench. If you could all be so kind as to leave him on waivers so I can pick him back up on Wednesday thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Rossie11

markc91 wrote: »
    Just incase anyone doesn't look at the feed on the app. I mistakenly dropped dj chark from my team when I meant to drop him on the bench. If you could all be so kind as to leave him on waivers so I can pick him back up on Wednesday thanks!

Fair enough will cancel waiver

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Irish94

Whoever is commissioner of the league can reinstate him back in to your team manually as far as I know?

Irish94 wrote: »
    Whoever is commissioner of the league can reinstate him back in to your team manually as far as I know?

Didn't realise I had that power - added him back to your team now

Didn't realise I had that power - added him back to your team now

Gentleman Thanks!

Covid is making a right mess of this. Titans back to Tue night now, I have Derrick Henry. If the game is postponed closer to the time I can't replace him

In 5 weeks I have had 710 points scored against me :D

You can only laugh at this point

• Advertisement

Need a rb 2/3 if anyones interested in a reciever from the magic skol bus.

Advertisement