Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

F1 2020 :Round 9 Tuscany GP : Mugello (See MOD warning on 2nd post)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

If Russell passes the Ferrari to get into the points....... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭This is it

antodeco wrote: »
    People love Raikkonen, but the more I listen to him the more I realise how rude and petulant he is.

While I don't wholely disagree, he asked for what and was getting the same asnwer again from the engineer. He's enough to be at without his engineer repeating himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

A point there for Russell if he can finish within 5 seconds of Kimi.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Shame for Ricciardo, wanted to see him get a podium

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

namloc1980 wrote: »
    A point there for Russell if he can finish within 5 seconds of Kimi.

6.5 seconds behind Kimi now, if he wants a point he needs to pass Vettel on track

• Advertisement

You feel Hamilton is just going around at 95%
    If he wanted to pull away he could.

His lead went from 1.7 to 3.1 in half a lap

tenor.gif?itemid=16099767

• Registered Users Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

You feel Hamilton is just going around at 95%
    If he wanted to pull away he could.

His lead went from 1.7 to 3.1 in half a lap

Prob Bottas keeping it safe to ensure 2nd rather Hamilton going mad

Nothing will change for 2021 at all

And 2022 changes will allow cars to follow and overtake better, but nobody can get close to the Mercs so it wont matter

At least Ferrari got a double points finish at their 1000th race

• Registered Users Posts: 11,630 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Another good result for Renault and Ricciardo finishing fourth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭chicorytip

What was Magnussen doing? At least we had a bit of excitement today but some terribly poor driving, notably by Gasly, Magnussen, Stroll, Latifi, Grosjean, Raikkonen and, as usual, Bottas.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The Mercedes mechanics are going mild.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

Strange race. Shame we lost Max so early, though I'm not sure he could have done much about mercedes today.

The track was decent, the DRS was strong so wasn't the complete procession some predicted, if anything it was too strong and a lot of the passes were done and dusted before the braking zone. Doubt we'll see F1 back here anytime soon.

Glad no one hurt in the smash at the start, some of those onboards were pretty scary.

Mercedes: Business as usual, another race to add to long list of disappointing Bottas performances.

Happy for Albon to finally get on the podium but shame it was at the expense of Danny Ric, he really deserved that today.

Another frustrating race for Racing Point. The car has had some very good pace this year and I feel they've left a lot of points behind them. For all the sympathy perez was getting here over the last few days, I think he's had a poor season and today was disappointing again. Lance to his credit is becoming a pretty solid driver, was unlucky today.

Will probably give the next race a miss, hate Sochi.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,790 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

2011 wrote: »
    That is good but I’m sure Bottas will mange to throw away any advantage.

No surprise that he did.

Faster times in all the practice sessions but can't do it where it counts.

I'd love if Mercedes had of got rid and got a top driver in there. At least we'd have had some excitement at the front while waiting to see what 2022 brings.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,799 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The F1tv post race show on YouTube has got a new angle on the restart and it appears that Russell was the driver that caused the pile up on the safety car restart
    EDIT Here it is
    https://youtu.be/jQ3Tt9M2PbY
    Analysis starts at 19:45

Kvyat summoned to the stewards regarding the crash at the restart. May not be the only one

Go back to my previous post I've posted the link to the new footage. (Time stamp 21:20)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Joeface

• Registered Users Posts: 11,119 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Joeface wrote: »

Not really seeing what Ocon did wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Handing out warnings to 11 drivers is just farcical.

If nearly two thirds of the field was wrong then it is the procedure that is primarily at fault and needs fixing. It was luck that there wasn't a car hit side on at full speed in that restart.

It is ridiculous that the lead car is allowed to game the restart to their advantage but the rest of the field is expected not to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,555 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Just seen the race highlights there now and thankfully I knew nothing of what was to come so it's like its live with adds. But ye that was one hell of a crazy chaotic race. I really did think it was going to be a boring race but not anything like what we got. I felt most sorry for Max and his car failing him which ment he ended up in a spot he never should have ended up in if his car had of worked. The second crash was crazy too I was bitterly falling of the couch and then stroll. I really think Racing Point are letting the wrong driver go but hey we will see next year won't we. Vettel and Perez would have made a great team. I hear McLaren are offering Perez a seat in daycare lol Indycar. I wonder will he take it?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    Just seen the race highlights there now and thankfully zi knew nothing of what was to come so it's like its live with adds. But ye that was one hell of a crazy chaotic race. I really think think it was going to be a boring race but not anything like what we got. I felt most sorry for Max and his car failing him which ment he ended up in a spot he never should have ended up in if his car had of worked. The second crash was crazy too I was bitterly falling of the couch and then stroll. I really think Racing Point are letting the wrong driver go but hey we will see next year won't we. Vettel and Perez would have made a great team. I hear McLaren are offering Perez a seat in daycare lol Indycar. I wonder will he take it?

Stroll got a puncture, he was up to 3rd and doing grand

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

This is it wrote: »
    Stroll got a puncture, he was up to 3rd and doing grand

RP team boss on Sky said telemetry showed no tire deflation before the crash.

Vic_08 wrote: »
    RP team boss on Sky said telemetry showed no tire deflation before the crash.

Something happened, you could see it from the onboard replays. There was no under/oversteer that I could see. Definitely seemed like a rear puncture or something similar.

Seemed like a mechanical issue rather than driver error. Maybe I'm wrong but as I said, it looked like something went in the car from the onboard

Edit: puncture or suspension failure according to Stroll, I'm not sure what the official line was.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,119 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

This is it wrote: »
    Something happened, you could see it from the onboard replays. There was no under/oversteer that I could see. Definitely seemed like a rear puncture or something similar.

Seemed like a mechanical issue rather than driver error. Maybe I'm wrong but as I said, it looked like something went in the car from the onboard

Edit: puncture or suspension failure according to Stroll, I'm not sure what the official line was.

There was one camera angle which showed bits of carbon fibre flying off the car. The car in front and behind drove a very similar line. Defo was a car issue

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭tigerboon

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Not really seeing what Ocon did wrong

Agree. The first driver who was inconsistent with the throttle surly forced the rest to be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

skipper_G wrote: »
    How do you think they measure when a car exceeds the limits exactly? Just stand Giuseppe on turn 1 to watch 20 cars zooming by and do it by naked eye. They use sensors and timing loops that's how. Previous poster said they didn't have time to set them up, they were spot on. They didn't have time to technically configure them, so impossible to enforce accurately

cameras would be by far the easiest way to track and enforce it, luckily they have them there for the TV and all!

EDIT: and it's not like the issues is restricted to this track anyway, enforcement of track limits in F1 in general is farcical.

It's all moot points at this stage.
    Unless Spain, France or Russia invade Tuscany we won't be back here anytime soon.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Faugheen wrote: »
    Lando’s great on the radio

Next years F1 theme?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Joeface

Someone took the time do this (totally stolen from reddit to post here but its very good)

https://imgur.com/gallery/wNhC5Kh

Advertisement