Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

US Open 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Yes, you just select that individual match and it'll play from the beginning.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Harry lyme wrote: »
    Is there a way of watching the full Thiem v Medvedev match on replay on Amazon Prime without knowing the result.

Amazon Prime won't tell you the result

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭lostcat

This is the future of the men's game, the likes of Carreno-Busta getting to slam finals....or flakey Zverev...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,998 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

This has been a dismal match and a great argument for abolishing 5 sets.

Hoping Zverev wins, he'd be much more competitive in a final than Pablo.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭lostcat

Rjd2 wrote: »
    lo.

It's a great argument for the big three/four....

• Advertisement

Just end this Zverev so we can see a proper tennis match.:mad:

lostcat wrote: »
    This is the future of the men's game, the likes of Carreno-Busta getting to slam finals....or flakey Zverev...

might be heading towards a bit more what the women's game has been like for a long time alright.

unlikely to have quite the "variety" and "depth" of the WTA winning roster tho (aka the flake army)

X9Bg84l.png

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,282 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Just end this Zverev so we can see a proper tennis match.:mad:

It's gone on so long I won't be able to stay up for the Medvedev/Thiem match, the one I actually wanted to see :(

I actually wanted PCB to win but would've feared a dud final if he made it through. Hope and think the winner will come from the Thiem match anyway.

It's gone on so long I won't be able to stay up for the Medvedev/Thiem match, the one I actually wanted to see :(

I actually wanted PCB to win but would've feared a dud final if he made it through. Hope and think the winner will come from the Thiem match anyway.

PCB seems like a nice chap but yeah glad to see him not in the final.:o

Zverev has an excellent H2H v Thiem so I do think he will go up a level in the final.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,282 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

PCB seems like a nice chap but yeah glad to see him not in the final.:o

Zverev has an excellent H2H v Thiem so I do think he will go up a level in the final.

He's 2-7 against Thiem, and 0-3 against him at grand slams :pac:

• Advertisement

He's 2-7 against Thiem, and 0-3 against him at grand slams :pac:

Zverev is due a win against him so!:D

It might be advisable, as a precaution, to go to A+E to treat that burn.

:pac:

He's 5-1 against Medvedev but a few of those wins came before Medevedv was at the level he's been at the last couple of years. Also they've never played at a grand slam, so if Medvedev gets past Thiem I'd make him favourite in the final.

glasso wrote: »
    It might be advisable, as a precaution, to go to A+E to treat that burn.

Ha just realised my error, he has a 5-1 v Med who I meant to type.

I'l be down to specsavers in the morning.:o

Medvedev is a top notch heel, hopefully the PR people never ruin him.

need some characters alright (who can also play)

Med couldn't serve out to take the 2nd set to level things up.

Crucial part of the match now at 5-5

Medvedev is gone now I think @ 2 zip down

Strange set - Medvedev should have taken it, even in the tie-break. Some bad decisions on shot choice and execution

Although Thiem looks like he has some problem with his toes / feet

Djokovic would have easily taken the title really

Surprised Medvedev didn't even win a set, I wonder did he get too distracted by that stuff with the referee in the first set.

Anyway, this should be Thiem's to lose now, don't think Zverev has enough to hurt him with.

Really hoping for an Azarenka win tonight, would be great to see her get out of the two slam club.

Surprised Medvedev didn't even win a set, I wonder did he get too distracted by that stuff with the referee in the first set.

Anyway, this should be Thiem's to lose now, don't think Zverev has enough to hurt him with.

Really hoping for an Azarenka win tonight, would be great to see her get out of the two slam club.

Medvedev really should have taken the second set. He was unlucky on a crucial point that a ball skidded off the service box line mid-rally (not on the serve) but has to take some responsibility for bad shot choices also at times

this happened a number of times with the line-markers actually.

in Fairness to Thiem he dug his heels in at the key stages - which is what the better players can do and what the top players can do more than the others (see Djokovic in this regard, even against Fed etc)

he has made a number of GS finals now and the experience is showing and his game is strong on the hard courts, not just on clay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Mad to think we'll see the first mens grand slam champion born in the 90's. Many other sports already have champions born in the early 2000's.

Theim to win. His fourth final and has played more consistantly.

Is the future finally here with these two or will the 'big three' still dominate when they return?

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Mad to think we'll see the first mens grand slam champion born in the 90's. Many other sports already have champions born in the early 2000's.

Theim to win. His fourth final and has played more consistantly.

Is the future finally here with these two or will the 'big three' still dominate when they return?

Djokovic still has a couple of years more in him at the top imo assuming he has the mental drive

He would have won here handily enough I would say

Nadal is still planning on taking down the French - let's see.

Federer is gone at the winning-GS level imo but will have to see what happens when he comes back from surgery. Doesn't have the head for it at the top level anymore I would say - threw it away against Djokovic in Wimbledon and blown away in Australia at the start of this year in 3 sets (groin injury affect but unknown how much it influenced it)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Don't think Federer will win another slam, depending on draw semi finals is as far as he'll get. Nadal still the one to beat at FO in few weeks time and for next year or 2, still wouldn't rule him out of winning a slam outside of FO in the next year, unlikely, but, not beyond him. Djokovic still the man to beat outside of FO for next 18 months to 2 years.
    As the big 3 begin to fade the younger guys will start to take over in the next 18 months to 2 years. Unfortunately it looks more a case of the big 3 fading due to age than the younger guys actually stepping up and taking over.

Azarenka could wrap this up within the hour.

Osaka in full Cadbury mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,519 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

glasso wrote: »
    Azarenka could wrap this up within the hour.

Osaka in full Cadbury mode.

She was lucky to get past Brady ,who should have taken advantage of Osakas lollipop second serve.
    Only winning 43% of points on her second serve today.
    Azarenka is 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Different match now.

In fairness Osaka woke up and Azarenka went down in level a bit.

Already one of the better women's GS finals in recent years.

not that there was a lot of competition.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Hoping Zverev wins, he'd be much more competitive in a final than Pablo.

It became a better argument for retaining the 5 set format.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Osaka serving really well now, think gonna be difficult for aza to break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,519 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Azarenkas serve has fallen apart.

Advertisement